AVELLINO Forum!!!FORZA LUPI!!!

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by napolivsavellino, May 11, 2005.

1. napolivsavellino

napolivsavellino New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    Any AVELLINO supporters in here?....do you think we can get back up to B???? i hope so.....

PS: if we(avellino) win on sunday....and Rimini lose...we go tied in points...do we win the tie break?....or is it a playoff....refresh my memory...

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It's a good question. I looked around for some regulations on the topic but could not find anything. It's probably moot because I don't see any way Rimini will lose at home to Chieti, but since anything is possible, it'd be nice to know. I suspect the first tiebreaker is head-to-head results because I see that Frosinone in Group A has clinched a playoff berth even though they are just 3 pts ahead of Pistoiese. They beat Pistoiese twice in the season. Unfortunately, both the games between Avellino and Rimini wound up 1-1, so that is of no help. I'll keep looking.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I've finally figured out (I think) that the tiebreakers are 1) head-to-head results and 2) overall goal difference. With Rimini at +26 and Avellino at +23, it's certainly possible that Avellino could catch them, assuming of course the first necessity of Avellino winning and Rimini losing. But I really can't see Rimini collapsing that badly.

4. napolivsavellino

May 2, 2005
    Toronto, ON

TALK ABOUT YIKES sueb!!!!

i mean here u were saying "But I really can't see Rimini collapsing that badly" and rather then that happenning....AVELLINO TANKED at SPAL!!! 5-1??? im pretty sure that was their worst defeat of the season...YIKES !!! anyways....does anyone know if they played their subs or primavera team because AVELLINO ASSUMED that rimini would have no trouble with chieti??? after i saw the score....the first thing that came to my mind was that they must have given the gameaway and conceded 1st place to rimini....oh well.....we will see wat happens in the playoff....

sueb..once again u astound me with your insight and info.....

CHANGE OF SUBJECT-QUESTION: i heard that if milan and juve were tied at the end of the season they have to have a playoff to decide the serie A champ....why dont they follow the same guidelines as serie C....is it just a SERIE A clause (the playoff im refering to)???why doet they follow the same guidelines: 1) HEAD TO HEAD , then 2)goal diff??....

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Good question. Serie C is ruled by a different governing body than Serie A/B, so it's not strange that they have different regulations. I imagine it'd just be pretty hard to fit tiebreaking playoffs into the schedule along with regular playoffs, so using standard tiebreakers makes more sense.

Serie B had a tiebreaking playoff (for relegation) as recently as 1999-2000. I don't know if they'll have one this year with playoffs and play-outs already built into the schedule.

As for Serie A, they did use goal difference for a long time - there were no tiebreaker playoffs between the famous Bologna-Inter Scudetto playoff in 1964 and 1986. The last tie broken by goal difference or head-to-head in Serie A was in 1984 - Lazio was saved while Genoa was relegated. Not sure why they switched to the playoff system after that.

6. napolivsavellino

May 2, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    can they YOYO back to serie B????

or will NAPOLI get a phantom penalty and take the H+A series??

if its close...i think napoli will sneak by......

if avellino can get a 2-0 or 3-0 lead sumhow....then there shouldnt be a way back....

then again.....milan was winning 3-0... :S.......YIKES!

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I went on wikipedia last night and looked at their profile of Avellino. For the first time, I actually saw an Italian team with a green jersey. I didn't think Italy had any teams that wore green.

I checked the RSSSF website also and Avellino actually had some decent players playing for them such as Brazilians Juary and Dirceu, Walter Schachner from Austria as well as local boys like Stefano Tacconi, Beniamino Vignola and Fernando De Napoli.

8. napolivsavellino

May 2, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    HEY EVERYBODY!!!

its been a while since ive been here...anyways...just noticed a -2 in the standings for avellino in serieC1.....whats the deal with that??..

maybe SUEB can help me out with this one.....i was a bit surprised at the penalty, when i noticed it in the standings.....

on a side note...i wasnt too thrilled that arezzo didnt get relegated but only got a penalty ...if they had been relegated from serie B avellino surely would have been the next team to be reenstated!

9. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    so much respect....an avellino and napoli fan!

yer a hero mate! :cool:

10. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Really hoping Avellino can get to Serie B and Napoli to Serie A next season. I'm hoping to catch a game when I'm in Italy in May. Plan on watching Napoli play on May 19th. Anybody have a link to Avellino's schedule?

11. anthonymario

anthonymario Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Here you got

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/italy/avellino/fixtures/

Are you from Avellino?

12. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Thanks for the link, a good site that I'll bookmark.

My grandfather was from the Avellino province. So I follow Avellino; I guess in my blood. I'll be visiting Italy and Avellino for the first time in May.

13. napolivsavellino

May 2, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    yea im a die hard fan...but i follow both teams NAPOLI and AVELLINO for the simple reason that of the 2 squads Napoli are more likely to get back to serie A anytime soon (avellino made it there in the 80's)....anyways....

for me to be fans of both teams is almost blasphemy back in italy but i have to root for both squads....
    my father is from a small town outside outside avellino.....
    if they were playing eachother (like they did 2 seasons ago in the serie C1 playoff)..i root for avellino....but i just want to see them both do well.... :)

PS. that SOCCERWAY site is Golddddddddddddd!!! awesome awesome site!!!!

14. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What town is your dad from? I was just in Italy including my grandfather's town of Melito Irpino in Avellino Province. Loved it.

Hopefully both Napoli and Avellino will be promoted this year!!

Forza Squadre Campania!!

15. anthonymario

anthonymario Member

Aug 3, 2005
    How was your trip Melito? My mom is from Capriglia Irpina, Just straight up the hill from Avellinos Stadium. I hope they both get promoted this year. Then Avellino gets promoted to A next year.

16. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    hey man, it's the same for me...I support Cosenza and Reggina - which is unheard of in Calabria...Growing up in Canada though, i'm not raised by that hate...I have a sympathy for any Calabrese team except Catanzaro :D

17. anthonymario

anthonymario Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Avellino wins promotion to Serie B. Looks like it was an incredible match. Ametrano for Avellino gets a red card in the 88 minute. Then Avellino scores in the 89. This levels us 1 to 1. With both teams scoring at home. They play an extra 30 minutes and Avellino scores 2 more. Final Avellino 3 Foggia 0.

Does anyone have any highlights.

18. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'd love to watch the whole match! Scoring 3 goals in 30 minutes while a man down... incredible.

I hope they can stay up this time and maybe get some coverage on RAI now that they are in B.

19. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I found this and 2 others on youtube. Just search under Avellino and sort by date.

This one is the tying goal in the 89th. Great goal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjidVjKaso

20. GUYJ

GUYJ Member

Mar 6, 2000
    Lincoln Park, NJ
    Hi from New Jersey. My father's side of the family came from Guardia Sanframondi. Would you think some people there follow Avellino?

21. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Looking at Guardia Sanframondi on the map, I would be suprised if they had a lot of big Avellino fans. It in the Benevento province, and not to close to Avellino at all, its actually as just close to Napoli. But maybe being out in the countryside they prefer a smaller provincial team over Napoli, in which case they might follow Benevento even though they are in Serie C2.

22. PeteTheRetailer

PeteTheRetailer New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Brooklyn
    I've been looking around, and the only Avellino merchandise I seem to be able to find right now is this great classic shirt:
    http://www.toffs.com/invt/4615

I seem to remember the official site having a decent merchandise section when I first found it. Am I wrong? Did it disappear?

Either way, it should be a little easier to find merch soon, with them in Serie B.

23. il direttore

il direttore New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Avellino (Italy)
    Hi people, from Avellino, Italy.
    I'm a big fan of U.S. Avellino soccer team.
    My family is from Capriglia!
    Please, visit our Avellino Fan Website on www. pianetabiancoverde.it.
    You can find results, photos, and any news about "Lupi".

24. anthonymario

anthonymario Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Thanks so much, my family is also from Capriglia Irpina. My mothers maiden name is De Stefano.

Anthony Di Natale

Seriously that is my name

25. il direttore

il direttore New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Avellino (Italy)
    I'm glad to meet you in this forum.
    Did you ever been in Capriglia?
    Have you ever seen any match of Avellino in?