Authentic/Fake shirts - worried your shirt is fake? ask here.

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

1. The Kong

The Kong Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    Hi, although I think this reply is probably too late to be of any use. I happened to stumble upon some Nike Authentic team player issue shirts in a shop. The shop is quite reputable so I do not think they were fakes. Although it was not a US shirt, they had samples of Brazil and Portugal shirts. I can confirm there is a wash tag in the side seam. As well as the usual features

T-patch on shoulder
    Side vent holes
    Slimmer fit, curve side.
    Badge and Nike logo and Dri Fit transfer instead of embroidered

One thing I also noticed was the inside of the material on these versions, there is more of a grey/white combine material when compared to supporters editions.

From looking at your link, I think what you got was legit.

2. Dominic Justin

Dominic Justin New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh really ? apparently you haven't been to any soccer stores in ANY major city or any ethnic area, because people sell fakes in stores ALL the time. just because they have a store front doesn't mean they are playing by "the rules"

your expertise in this forum just fell off the map with that comment for me

3. Errik

Errik New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    I live in Bangkok and I there are authentic jerseys for sale. But there are also plenty of excellent quality fake jerseys and manufacture errors (which could be as minor as an incorrect sizing tag). I wouldn't be surprised if some one those "accidentally" or with the vendor fully knowing make their way to North America and Europe.

4. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thought I'd add a little of my personal knowledge to your situation. I have a few player issued kits (2008 US long sleeve dark gray and 2011 red alternate, potentially the 2006 US red third shirt-unsure, and the black and gold LA third kit).

I acquired my 2008 gray US shirt on eBay very early into the kit's release at a time when the only available versions of the jersey were replica. I have 100% confidence that this was acquired somehow through the USSF or a very small production that didn't reach the team's supply. This jersey is exactly as you listed- all screened on graphics, tagless (printed, similar to pic below) inner label, etc. Later into the kit's lifecycle, US soccer began to sell long sleeve authentic jerseys (exactly like I have, except sold through traditional retail) on their website. I have never seen one of the retail versions of these jerseys but I would expect it to be similar to the example in the last paragraph.

Fast forward to 2011 and the US debuted a red third jersey with a navy blue sash. From the get-go, Nike and US soccer sold authentic and replica versions of the jersey. This was kind of a first for US soccer because in the past, authentics were not the norm for retail. US soccer never sold the 2010 home or away authentic kits for retail, though a few player issue models were sent out to media and journalists.

Here is a shot of a real, authentic US player issued (as in specifically produced for team use) third kit with printed label.
    [​IMG]

Compare this with my authentic (purchased at retail) third kit. Everything is identical in nature to the actual player issued kit (laser ventilation side holes, mesh back, screen printed graphics, etc) however because it was sold at retail, I believe this is why actual tags have surfaced on the retail authentics. Kits produced specifically for the squad get the tagless, printed label whereas retail authentics seem to get the traditional tag. I believe this would increase the value even more for player bespoke, issued kits.

Side note worth mentioning, I also have the current US player issued white shorts (with t-bars and laser ventilation, screen printed graphics) that has never and likely will not be released to retail and it also has a tagless, printed label as well.

5. Vince Tan

Vince Tan New Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am a new member in this forum but i have collected player shirts for quite some time already... have had formotion, techfit, code 7, P2R, laser cut holes, seamless technology, seen them all....

I can shed some light on the laundry tags issue... i confirm some of what i read here, the ones sold in shop (Nike boutiques) are actually what we consider P2R.. it is a hybrid between a replica and a player issue shirt... a full player issue shirt would have the laundry tag embossed onto the shirt...

however, do take note that both P2r and Player issue shirts are equally tight fitting... just that the laundry tags are slightly different to differentiate both....

also, P2R and Player issue shirts normally have some parts which are thermo-welded together, instead of stitching... hence PI shirts are not meant for constant wear, otherwise the glue falls off and u have two pieces of cloth instead of one PI jersey....

Hope the above helps clear some doubts and confusions herein! :)

Happy jersey collecting to all!

6. Errik

Errik New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Wow, thanks for that information. :)

7. SwordSwayer

SwordSwayer New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hello my fellow brethren, i am a very paranoid and worried anytime i buy a jersey from somewhere other than directly from the official team store. I recently purchased this 2012/2013 Arsenal Player issue Long sleeve and hoping there is Nike player issue shirt experts in here that can confirm whether its 100% legit or 100% fake. I provided many pictures. your help is greatly appreciated and will give me peace of mind. you can right click them and choose "open in new tab" option and can see them in a bigger size. Also, the shirt dosnt have the white tag located inside the jersey where it says "made in thailand" and has other information like "100% recycled polyester", "Exclusive of decoration" that i have personally seen in a replica USA kit from last year, is that a red flag? or is that common among nike player issue shirts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. SwordSwayer

SwordSwayer New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  9. The Kong

The Kong Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    i do not have a genuine arsenal players issue to compare with but from your pictures, the shirt looks quite decent except the badge seems to be embroidered rather than heat transferred. are the inner seams welded by an overlay? is the nike swoosh and dri fit logo heat transferred or is embroidered as well? from other info in this thread and personal experience with authentic retail version, the above features are quite standard. but player issue version may still differ from authentic retail versions. may be one of the other experts can confirm.

10. SwordSwayer

SwordSwayer New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the nike symbol is embroided but the "dri fit" is heat pressed as well as the laundry tag and vent holes. When you ask if the in seems are welded by an overlay, im not a 100% sure what you mean, more like what i would be looking for, but when i look at it, there is a red strip, cant really describe the material but it looks like its welded on top of the seams. And i am hoping an expert can put my questions to bed. thank you kong for the help thus far.

11. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    look at the new authentic player issue US centennial jersey. The nike swoosh and badge are embroidered. I believe you have a legit jersey,

12. The Kong

The Kong Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    [​IMG]

Hi, if the above picture has linked OK. You can see what I meant by welded side seams. I found most authentic retail version of Nike shirts have this feature.

13. SwordSwayer

SwordSwayer New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    actually, the new usa centennial authentic does indeed have a heat transferred badge and nike swoosh as stated on their official webstore.
    http://www.ussoccerstore.com/us00m113813bb.html

Ah yes! i have the same material running on the seams of the inside as well as on the inside of the sleeves///////

I also have an update on some research ive been doing. Ive been doing alot more digging myself the last few days and all these reponses have been a great help. Have a little update for you. So im sure you guys know of Classicfootballshirts, pretty much a well known legit place that sells genuine shirts including player issues. I emailed them asking them if the crest and nike swoosh was either heat pressed or if they were embroided. and this is the response they sent me.

"Hi XXXXX,

Thanks for your e-mail. The symbols on this shirt are both embroidered.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions just let me know.

Regards,

Doug"

now, that eased up my worries a little but still needed a definitive answer. i forget the beauty of living in 2013 with the internet and countries obsessed with futbol and the amount of pictures that can be found. So i went into google and searched player images for this 2012-2013 season and looked for images that were very high in resolution and size, basically 900 x 900 or more. and to my surprise and delight, found great close up shots that greatly helps this case. I found two great pretty clear shots, one of gervinho and one of walcott. this first one of walcott clearly shows he is wearing a player issue style and you can clearly see the threading pattern on the nike swoosh thus being embroidered, now the badge is a little harder to see but it looked embroided as well but that wasnt enough for me to come to a final conclusion.
    [​IMG]

The second shot i found, is a gervinho shot of what it seems to be him celebrating, very high in resolution and in size, i think about 3000 which is why im including the link instead of attaching the image but it clearly shows the badge is indeed embroidered/stitched on. Which was very pleasing to see, and also very interesting that the arsenal player issues use stitch ons versus what seems to be every other nike club use heat pressed crests and nike swooshes like my last season player issue barca has and what the new usa ones do as well.

http://wallpaperhddownload.com/wp-content/uploads/Gervinho-Celebration-2013-Wallpaper-HD-For-Desktop.jpg

Now at this point, im really starting to feel confident that my shirt is authentic and legit but my buddy works at a soccer shop that gets genuine replica nike shirts and im gonna stop by and compare the black nike authentic tag to all the new most recent nike club or international shirts he has, i believe he has the replica brazils and usa, so i think once comparing those will most likely end my questioning of whether this shirt is fake or not. Once again thank you guys for all the help thus far, and if anyone is interested, ill update once again after i visit the store.

14. The Kong

The Kong Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    Thats nice info to know. I have noticed the embroider technology been improving quite a bit in the last few years. Although technically, it adds more weight to the shirt, the material used and the way it is planted onto the shirts have improved making it more comfortable to wear.

15. SwordSwayer

SwordSwayer New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    update: as i mentioned, i went to my friends shop to compare authentic tags. His shop actually had a home replica arsenal jersey so i compared both and the silver hologram strips on the player issue was identical to the replica (Pictures below). I asked my friend to look at it himself to make sure my eyes aren't terrible yet and he confirmed as well. Was very happy that i could end any worries about its legitimacy. I hope this provides useful information for any others that had or will have worries about their player issue shirts authenticity, as seen by different small details that seem to be standard but can be different like heat transferred badges and swooshes on a barcelona/USA shirt can be different for another team. Thank you for everyones responses and help!

Replica shirt Tag
    [​IMG]
    Player Issue Tag
    [​IMG]

16. Redseele

Redseele New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hi, could anybody help me tell if this is a real PSG shirt?

Attached Files:

18. Redseele

Redseele New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As far as I know Gogoal is a 100% seller of fake shirts. They are fantastically well made (especially the Made in Thailand ones; completely undistinguishable from the real ones in my opinion), but they ARE fake.

19. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hi, i asked for more pics from the buyer and found out that these are actually made in thailand copies.

apparently what happens is when thailand manufactoring factories keep copies of the model and scale of the actual kit, and use leftover material to make extra kits which they can sell on for cheap. they are practically indistinguishable from thing.

for any of you who can read chinese here is the link:

http://baike.baidu.com/view/2343944.htm
    http://www.f433.com/FAQ.asp?id=285
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4aa4b6e10100d8nf.html

20. Metal_Mushroom

Sep 19, 2010
    New Orleans
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  22. king alan

king alan Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  23. Metal_Mushroom

Sep 19, 2010
    New Orleans
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything you get from Rakuten should be ok.
    On an unrelated note, this may sound like an odd question, but is there any risk to fake jerseys? Stuff like funny chemicals due to unregulated production or anything like that.

24. Redseele

Redseele New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  25. king alan

king alan Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    ooh, now i should be worry of the chemical.
    thanx mate