Australia's Asia membership should be revoked

Discussion in 'Australia' started by pepsi, Dec 9, 2006.

1. pepsi

pepsi Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    This is not my opinion, but that of Sheik Talah al-Fahd Al Sabah

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20902884-23215,00.html

That last part is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read, how would Australia staying in Oceania help any other Oceania countries in any significant ways? All it will achieve is to put Australia back in a difficult position where we are starved for competition and have a ridiculous qualifying route to the WC

This guy is a clown..

2. _Aussie_Blue__

_Aussie_Blue__ New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Melbourne
    He's just upset that Kuwait didn't make the Asian cup 07...

3. AussieLionHearts

AussieLionHearts BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Trust the arab side to have a whinge. Their just upset because we beat Bahrain, Kuwait and Iraq. Also because Kuwait didn't make it to the Asia Cup round of 16. Boohoo.

It's funny how we gave Japan a beating yet no one from the Japanese side is calling for our membership to be revoked.

4. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006

nooo but i do recall one biased commentator who lost his job LOL

so its not just them that dont like us...

Anyway, hopefully when they see what we can offer they will change their minds.

5. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    who?

6. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    WTF?! What a bloody bastard, who the hell does he think he is. Please don't tell me that he is actually gaining support for his stupid ideas.

He does not think that we belong in Asia, well he should take a good look in the mirror, because he isn't exactly asian either. There is a big difference between the Middle East and Asia. He should just sit down and shut his trap and be greatful that FIFA is allowing them to play anywhere.

What is Australia's response to this rubbish? Won't kuawait be punished for saying something like this? Because they should be.

7. davie1976

davie1976 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tianjin TEDA
    Club:
    Tianjin Teda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [Quote:]
    nooo but i do recall one biased commentator who lost his job LOL[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Huang Jian Xiang?

8. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What an absolute load of crap. This guy needs to shut his mouth.

9. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Haha you mean that chinese commentator?

10. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Haha the Sheikh does not mince words, good for him. I agree with him actually

11. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    That is somewhat reasonable.
    IMO, instead Australia joining Asia in football, FIFA should rather give one berth to OFC.
    I don't understand why FIFA isn't leniant to give just a single berth to Oceania.

12. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Split the Asia Confederation into two, an east Asian side i.e japan, China South-East Asia with 3.5 berths and the otherside consisting of Kuwait and all the other middle-eastern countries with one berth. :D

13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No- FIFA won't allow it- Blatter is on our side! ;)

Australia in Asia will only strenghten Asia- they won't do anything. Plus they have now grouped Oceania with Asia, so they'd have to play Australia anyway if they moved us back to Oceania!

14. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    True that. I don't know what drugs the Sheik was on when he said "we" would not gain anything from Australia.

15. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    im some points he is right.

its better to other oceania members to fusion the two confederations.

16. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Having both confederations merge is fine, telling Australia to get lost from the Asia confederation is stupid.

17. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To the President of the Kuwait Football Association:

Bitterness from his team not making to Asian Cup 2007 and suffering not making the WC Finals since 1986, thy name is Sheik Talah al-Fahd Al Sabah. Mr. Al Sabah, your recent pretentious tirade remarks is doing your reputation and name more harm than good. Would you be willing to elaborate on your remarks, Mr. Al Sabah? Or, would you rather do us a favor in the form of stepping down from your post, and retracting your statement in double-quick time before you are shunned in disgrace from the football community?

Make your decision, and fast. You placed yourself at a crossroads, and only you alone.

Respectfully yours,

Hachiko

18. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Add my name to it too...

19. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    repped- well done son! :D

20. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely

No doubt, this is a set of remarks that I personally don't think he can back up well enough to be spared by the global footballing community and BigSoccer. I expect a very strong and harsh (but diplomatic) reaction from the FFA concerning this, an even harsher reprimand by FIFA and the AFC, and Mr. Al Sabah stepping down in disgrace.

I think this is much worse than Bruce Arena's "attack" on the Roos heading to WC 06 (and we all know how that turned out).

EDIT: FFA was diplomatic, after all... (article)

21. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Re: Absolutely

"No Comment" is that all the FFA can say when they are faced with elimination for Asia in not only Football but all economically? What the hell? For G-d sakes we have had to fight for everything we have earned over the past two years and now that some selfish (I have choosen to remain a lady in light of these bastards and refraine from using more colorful language.) bastard from Kuwait who also just happens to be the head of the Asian Olympic committee wants us out of Asia, why aren't we fighting his statements tooth and nail.

WAIT CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: We got a really tough draw for the Olympics, you know that guy probobly picks the groups maybe he is trying to send us a message. BASTARD.

Hey were the hell is Sepp Blatter when you need him? If he's really sorry about us getting cheated in the world cup, then why doesn't he prove it right now and stand up for Australia?

Is anybody out there standing up for Australia.

And in terms of Bruce Arena- Hey unemployed who made it to the group of 16 and scored 5 goals in the world cup as opposed to one? That's right AUSTRALIA, so I guess everyone gets whats coming to them in the end.

22. Matilda Maniac2

Jan 11, 2015
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Well, its back on the agenda again !!!!!

and from none other than PRESIDENT Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa !!!!!

www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-30/afc-nations-want-to-evict-socceroos-from-asia/6056870

I'm a bit dismayed at the language they're retrospectively applying to the decision for Australia to join AFC . . . . . "At that time, the AFC general assembly made no resolution about re-assessing Australia's membership to determine whether it will stay or be evicted".

23. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    More "little man syndrome" from a bunch of countries who never really made it in anything and feel the need to bring others back to their level rather than improve to meet the level of the best.

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah sounds like the newspapers "bumped" this story from 2006 as well. Good work reporters ... only 8 plus years behind the times.