Australian Soccer

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Wiljoy, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Wiljoy

Wiljoy New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Adelaide
    I watched my first game of English soccer in 1937 and my last game in 1967 ..my team was Leeds United so obviously I have seen hundreds of first division games,I came to Australia in 1967 and I hoped to follow the soccer over here,unfortunately I got a nasty shock when I saw the standard of play over here,(English 3rd Div )
    since those days every world cup that comes around we hear the know-alls on TV trying to convince us THIS is our year!!! we have a chance to win the cup IF !!!! EVERYONE CAN PLAY AT THEIR BEST STANDARD (LMFAO).Even last week when we lost 2-1 to France there was a dickhead on our TV saying we could still win the cup IF .......Let us be honest with ourselves we are definately NOT,nor ever will be a top soccer country,and we have got to accept this whether we like it or not. These know-alls ....please stop spouting on radio & TV trying to convince Australians and the rest of the world that we are top class players,we are definately crap....Even New Zealand play a far more technical game than we do.
    In recent years we have started slipping a little bit down the ladder in several sports that we dominated for many years.I believe money is the main cause of this lowering of standard in a lot of our top sports. ( cricket)?.

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I never heard anyone say we would win this World Cup. I did hear that we should at a minimum try to progress out of our group, and that we should be aiming to win a World Cup in the future, rather than just compete in it. Why can't we aim for that?

luka74 and theFOOTBALLlover repped this.