Australia is welcomed in Asia.

Discussion in 'Asian Cup 2007' started by Kigai, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Kigai

Kigai Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thought I would create 1 positive Australian thread to counter all the negatives ones. They played well for their first debut, my hats off to them. :p

2. overateroo

overateroo New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Australia
    Thank you and good luck for the rest of the tournament.

3. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    I dont think you'll get a lot of support or comments on this thread, but thank you.

We enjoyed it, we learnt, and we will come back and win it next time :D Only joking.

4. Marlor

Marlor Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Australia
  5. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Congratulations to Japan!

I was happy with the Australian performance but there are some things you cannot control. I look forward to the next AC.

6. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    cheers bud.

7. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of all the weeaboos who are trolling BS, you're one of the few that actually does something Japan's supporters should do: congratulate on a good contest.

Remind me to rep you later. I gave too much in the past 24 hours already. :cool:

8. sammydog

sammydog Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Newcastle, Australia
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thank you. Good to read something that isn't negative just for the sake of getting a response.

Not sure about us playing well though..........hopefully we have learnt a lot from the experience, because I have a feeling the WC qualifiers will be much harder.

I'm glad the team made a game of it tonight though and regained some credibility back here.

9. lokihanns

lokihanns New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    Full credit to japan, they played better than us and deserved to go through.

Just disappointing that the only goal you guys got was through a stupid defensive error.

10. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    See you guys next time around. Hopefully with a better coach, you guys should probably replace him as soon as possible.

11. sammydog

sammydog Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Newcastle, Australia
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As soon as possible........he shouldn't have been let loose at the Asian Cup in the first place.

12. Marlor

Marlor Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Australia
    He was only interim coach for the Asian Cup because FFA stuffed around too long trying to get Houllier, and didn't have time to get anyone else for the tournament.

Arnold will be replaced by next year. The head of the FFA has even promised to pay the new coach's salary out of his own pocket.

13. medabong

medabong New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Good luck in the next Asian Cup Australia :D

14. all4one

all4one New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Japan
    Think positively, Australia, you people made it to the quarter-finals on your first attempt at the Asian Cup!
    It's unimaginable to me for footballers of any race, colour, nationality, whatever, to be on the pitch for that long in that heat and humidity, so both teams deserve kudos for that aspect.

Although I felt that some Australia supporters, and their media were getting cocky and arrogant about claiming to win the Asian Cup with no losses whatsoever (undefeated?) at their first attempt, I think this is still a positive result overall for them.

15. mmk786

mmk786 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I have been saying this for a while, its great that Australia is playing in Asia now. We need as many quality sides as possible and Australia is surely one, now if only Turkey gets in too :D

16. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Turkey joining as well as other Asian teams such as Armenia, Azerbaijan etc.. would be great. But it's unlikely.

17. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's good to see in a river of topics created by trolls, there is one topic that provides some sense.

It was a good game Japan, let's hope we have another very tense one like this one down the line.

You beat us so I hope you guys win it.

18. Fuzzums

Fuzzums New Member

May 11, 2006
    North Carolina

Aussies, don't get discourage by these topics just ignore them and think of it as a first year hazing. You guys are basically Freshmen in the AFC, so people are bound to give you crap.

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    After the match between Australia and Japan, only two asian posters posted a negative thread against Australia. That doesn't mean u guys can generalize that to the rest of the Asian community here.

jAPAN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aUSTRALIA

So Long Aussis!!!!

Australians don't have the genes for soccer

Are Australians Asian?

And 3 of those were made by haru who is obviously a sock.

Anyways i am glad u guys came to Asia. I want fking Brazil, France and Italy in the Asian confederation as well.

And next time come prepared because its gonna get more tougher than this because neither Iran, southkorea and Saudi arabia are in form right now.:)

20. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    I couldn't have put it better myself. Sometimes I really find the provocative overtone of this place gut cringing. It just takes a few people to turn it all sour and I think sometimes it rubs off on other fans who are usually peaceful as well.

Anyway. Welcome Australia! You will surely raise the ceiling of Asian football in years to come and higher quality competition between many sides will make all of us even stronger.

21. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Australia did well with 10 men, I was hoping for them to qualify.

22. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    just cause japan won he made this thread...

23. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Welcome to the AFC, Australia!
    Our refs are the worst on the planet! And they are totally biased! (But believe me, it isn't EVER in FAVOR of Japan.) You're welcome to them.
    Our federation is the most corrupt on the planet! (And not for lack of competition.) You're welcome to it.
    And our countries hate each other WAY more than any other federation! (Europe's puny little rivalries are cupcake compared to the snarling blood feuds we have here.) You're welcome to your fair share of bile.
    And one more thing... JAPAN RULES AFC! You're welcome to try to take our crown, but it's not going to happen. Buy off the refs, spit racist venom, start a riot against our fans, attack our embassy, cheat and hack and dive all you want... others have tried all that before you... AND FAILED.
    Welcome to the AFC, Australia. This is OUR HOUSE.

24. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Not for long.... ;)

25. Spherical

Spherical New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Let's see what Australia learned in this tournament.

1. ASIAN TEAMS ARE STRONG TOO! While hardly the entire team, there
    seemed to be a few players and some medias who thought they could waltz
    in and win the cup. They won't be making that mistake again.

2. JEEZ, IT'S HOT IN HERE! They learned what it's like to play in a harsh
    environment. They still have more to get used to, but this is definitely a
    step in the right direction.

3. YOU STUPID REFS! They had their first bite of unreasonable refreeing that
    is unfortunately a commonplace in Asia. As an Asian, you have to learn to
    deal with it. Once you do, you will be able to win no matter how much the
    refree is against you.

4. LET'S ORGANIZE THE TEAM! There seemed to be a disharmony and
    tension in Australia team during group stages. They fixed it up after beating
    Thailand, however. They are bound to have the difficult task of merging
    Euro-leaguers and A-leaguers all the time, so they need to get used to it.

5. TOURNAMENT TIME, BABY! This is probably their first tournament ever
    that they were considered as one of the favorites but had tons of 2nd-tiers
    eager to create upsets. Asia is like that; there are 4~5 elites, 10 or so
    2nd-tiers, and all other underdogs trying to make their name. This is kind of
    competition Australia seeked and joined Asia for, right?

If Australia learns those lessons really well, expect to see them fly high, high
    into success road.