Aussies in Korea

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by RickChelsea, Jun 22, 2011.

1. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Hey guys I just wanted to make a thread on the Aussies that are playing in the K-League, thought it would be sort of helpful with Australians like myself who are trying to keep track of them especially since there are a lot of Australians in Korea right now and probably even more in the future?

How are some of them doing, especially Sasa and De Vere?

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sasa: There was alot of talk that Sasa will leave for Germany this summer transfers and Seongnam will cooperate to that. I think soon or later he will leave for Bundesliga. There was a rumour that Shin Tae Young (the manager of Seongnam) has been looking at another Aussie defender to replace Sasa when or if he leaves.

Luke DeVere: he is a starter for Gyeongnam. He is really liked by everyone in Gyeongnam because he is talented AND a nice person. He was initially called up for Australia's Olympic squad for the qualifiers but he said nicely that we wont play because he wanted to stay with his club and help out (as Gyeongnam have been in slump).

Iain Fyfe: his situation hasnt been all that pretty. He started first few matches of the season but Busan was doing badly. However, Busan turned their season around after a while, with a 8(?) match unlosing streak. But Iain Fyfe did not start those matches to be honest.
    Recently, Iain Fyfe has been getting playing time but thats not a worry. Busan still values him and will probably use him more in the future.
    The Dutch players (and few other Brazilians) that came to Busan I'Park with Iain Fyfe have been released by the club. Only Iain Fyfe did not get released by the club because they obviously value him.

Robert Cornthwaite: he is a starter for Chunnam Dragons. To be honest, I did not expect him to be a starter or a hit when he came but he has done well. It will be interesting how Chunnam Dragons do without their star player Ji Dong Won (going to Sunderland) because it could affect Chunnam Dragon's performance. Eitherway Robert Cornthwaite is doing well.

3. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    I need to spread rep more otherwise, I would of repped you again, thanks so much for the info mate.

4. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sounds like a hell of a guy. And from the videos I've been watching, it looks like the girls in Gyeongnam go crazy over him. ^^