Aussie Grella tells the truth: We were shown no respect, it was all a big joke

Discussion in 'Asian Cup 2007' started by Aussie Power, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Aussie Power

Aussie Power Red Card

Jul 28, 2007

Good on Grella for telling the truth - we were cheated by the Asian opposition, and shown a severe lack of respect, from start to finish throughout the tournament. The grassrolling was atrocious, the iraqis were very disrespectful with their dancing, the japanese were very unsportsmanlike with their pre-match comments influencing the referees, and the way Takahara got grella sent off was atrocious.

I'm glad Grella sent the rest of Asia this message - they really need to lift their act - they are the biggest cheats in the footballing world - not even the europeans nor south americans at their worst grassroll anywhere near as much as the asian competition we came up against in this tournament - they may get away with it at the Asian Cup, but they better not think they will get away with these sort of tactics at South Africa in 2010, where the Aussies will finish as the best of the Asian teams again.

2. Marlor

Marlor Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Australia
    I mentioned this article in the "sorest losers" thread.

Personally, I think some of Grella's complaints are valid, but he comes across as pretty whiny and arrogant in the article.

When it was printed in the newspaper, it was followed by an article (by Craig Foster) that was extremely critical of the Socceroos:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/asian-cu...in-the-backside/2007/07/28/1185339320409.html

Craig Foster really raises some valid points, and his analysis is a nice counterpoint to Grella's complaints.

3. Dave The Man

Dave The Man New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Yeah Grella the Whole Asian Cup was a Joke. It's Rigged Anyway:mad:

4. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    what a joke this is

what the hell is he talking about with the goal celebrations? he has completely lost the plot there

Furthermore while i agree that the tactics of the other teams was at times frustrating to say it is to blame for the performance in our Asian Cup is a joke, and if we take this mentality guess what? This same article is going to appear again when we FAIL to qualify for the 2010 World Cup..

So either we get used to it, or we bitch and moan and achieve nothing..

He was lucky to even be on the field in that Iraq match, he says they didnt respect the Socceroos? if anything the Socceroos failed to respect the opposition

5. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It was a welcoming Dancing :D ;)

6. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    About the celebrations, Iraq thinks it's funny to hop around like Kangaroos.. What would happen if we were jumping around like we were getting bombed when we scored a goal?

There would be 20 different threads on here saying how dirty the Australians are!

7. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You want some cheese to go with that whine?:rolleyes:

8. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He smuggles cheese into Australia from Italy when he comes here. True story!

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    not to justify what Iraqis did but I think socceroos drew first blood in that game... they played with no respect for the Iraqi side and the referee.. throwing elbows, shouting and yelling... it was well expected of Iraqis to make up for all that after they went up in the score... it is a basic rule if you are gonna dish out shit you better have the capacity to take some in return!

10. Aussie Power

Aussie Power Red Card

Jul 28, 2007
    exactly, not to mention the revenge killings/bombings by the iraqis and their friends that would undoubtedly take place too if the australians did a dance mocking them. It is a shame that these other Asian countries take advantage of our good character knowing that we wont retaliate, whereas we all know that it would NOT be the case the other way around.

Im very disgusted by the complete lack of sportsmanship shown to Australia in this tournament. My respect for the Asian confederation after this tournament has gone down a lot I must say.

11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Why you don’t jump like lions Instead in a funny way? Or roar like lions in a funny way, You don’t have to be an asshole… and think negatively

Getting bombed? This is insulting and inhuman, I hope you was joking

And you guys didn’t care about it until this grella opened his mouth
    Don’t make it a big deal…

12. Dave The Man

Dave The Man New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    The other teams played like Girls

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    exactly?? Now your rotten stinky smell exposed
    your good character?? dude you just showed the Opposite with your Negative thinking.

you dont hvae to be like this.

If all australian think in the same way, My respect to you has gone down, and you will never be welcomed again.

guys be rational.

14. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    show me where they hopped around like Kangaroos? i saw the guy do a somersault thing, which so many palyers do.. how is that hopping around like a Kangaroo WTF????

15. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Don't talk shit and pretend it didn't happen. They all gathered in a circle after one of the goals and put their hands up like Kangaroos and started hopping.

16. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006

why dont you show me a clip of it then, i am watching the youtube videos over and over again and i dont see it

17. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Against Australia no our players didn't jumped
    Against Thailand yes they jumped but as I said before, it was a welcoming massage.
    In other meaning bring it on Australia… and obviously you lost 1-3.

18. korean_soccer123

korean_soccer123 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    WTF!!!!!!!! im starting to lose respect for aussies, sore losers the whole lot of em. uhh dont act all innocent, does making fun of NZ haka ring a bell? u guys are just as offensive.

stop being sore losers, and dont talk shit to an iraqian, there going through a time as it is. u guys lost cause u sucked, ONLY REASON.

19. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Lair
    The 1st goal… scored by Nashat Akram and he prayed and thanked God
    The 2nd goal… scored by Hawar and he did the somersault
    The 3rd goal... scored by Karrar and he couldn’t do anything because the players jumped on him

20. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Grella specifically said in the article in the 3-1 loss to Iraq they started jumping around imitating kangaroos, i want to see it... cause i dont recall that happening at all.

21. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Of course it didn't happened against Australia.
    Greall In Illusion and Delusion.

22. Marlor

Marlor Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Australia
    The Iraq team certainly mimicked Kangaroos when they scored vs Australia. I remember seeing it and thought it was amusing.

I'll see if I can find any footage of it on YouTube.

23. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Shit! I remember it was someone! I seen the bloody footage! It may have been Oman, or even Iraq when they play here in 2005!

24. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mussav, and don't think I don't like Iraqis. Look at thread I made for Iraqis. I am your friend :D

25. Marlor

Marlor Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Australia
    It definitely happened at the Asian Cup, and this article says it was the Iraqis:

http://www.free-football.tv/news/Australia1-3Iraq.html

If I remember correctly, the goal-scorer celebrated individually, then the rest of the team joined him, and they did the kangaroo hopping.