Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, your just trolling hard. Did I say anything about how many he's scored at Stoke last season? BIG NOPE.
    All I said was that from Germany to Stoke, he spent a season and a half scoreless, those are facts.

and he was a flop in Germany, that he moved to EPL2/Stoke makes sense because he was headed nowhere decent in Germany.
    I already know that TM isn't great when it comes to EPL2 and other youth leagues. Even U19 Germany aren't getting frequent updates either.

I've never seen a person in my life who continuously purposefully misreads every single post of a person. It's very dumb shit, it's almost like your constantly attempting to make a person look bad but fail miserably every time. And you constantly argue about things I never said also with the same purpose in an attempt to make someone look bad, pathetic shit.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00-David is running into the issue of constantly being in 1st team squad but barely playing, always unused save for 1 game. Young players need consistent playing time, so he's headed for II over weekend.

But his young career has stalled recently. David made it only once in a game and came on in the 90th minute. Not enough for a talent that needs playing practice above all else.

But with the pros, he could at best hope for a short-term use, so Dieter Hecking has sought on Friday the conversation with the midfielder. He should not be confused that he wanted to take him despite some injured players not in the squad and suggested him to collect rather in the U 21 minutes of play.

David's answer: "Yes, coach, if I can only play for five minutes with the professionals, then I prefer to play 90 minutes again." Hecking praised the understanding youngster for this insight: "I find that very impressive of him, that he judges it as I hoped, the most important thing is that he makes games."

Although he worked on the squad in practice, he has not played a game since the end of September. "I was hoping to play in the U-20 national team, but that did not come true," Hecking regretted.

And for next weekend Hecking made already courage again for the professional squad. "Next week he will most likely go to Osnabrück."
    https://www.kicker.de/763264/artikel/hecking_ueber_david_das_finde_ich_sehr_beeindruckend_#twfeed

it's likely even worse for young players who are unused bench when the team has no II......let's hope David breaksthrough XI post Winter!

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dutch 2nd division
    -Arweiler assisted the winning goal for Utrecht II.
    -Bisseck was only used to close out a game, still no start. Let's hope he becomes starter soon. That's the issue, comes on loan and came injured, returns like mid-Nov while the team already have established players during that time. Winter break could help him better for this.

Austrian 2nd division
    -Adeyemi scored a double for his 6th-7th of the season in a 4-2 win. Now he's getting closer to the top of the scoring charts too.

2BL
    -Aue vs St Pauli, Aue won 3-1.
    Aue XI: Kruger and Baumgart
    Subs: Daferner

St Pauli
    XI: Zehir, lol why is he starting over Becker? he's not that great of a player, was also subbed out at the 46st min too.
    Subs: Becker, Lankford
    Unused: 00-Kuyucu making his pro bench debut and 99-Coordes

looks like Jos got 1/3 back from injury in Coordes. He did say that Coordes, C.Conteh and Loubongo were 3 players he really wanted fit again.

Kruger at it again, another start and another goal scoring the 1-0 in a 3-1 win vs St Pauli. Shows that him being a sub for no reason never made sense. His 3rd of the season and currently at 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 games in 2BL this season.
    https://streamja.com/2Gp3

also he's the one who caused the PK for the 2-0 lead too but that won't count as an assist.
    https://streamja.com/OvmX

-Bochum and Osnabruck drew 1-1.
    Bochum XI: Bella-Kotchap
    Subs: Wintzheimer
    Unused: Janelt (more reason why no U21 call up), Saglam,

Osnabruck started again all 3 youngsters from last matchday.
    XI: Agu, Amenyido, Schmidt

98 Schmidt after assisting a goal in 1-0 win over Stuttgart last matchday, he started today and scored a PK in another 1-1 draw vs Bochum! Fouled player was 99-Agu as well!!!
    https://streamja.com/61ra

1BL
    99-Kilian a CB who came from the Dortmund Academy but had no prospect there so he moved in Summer 2019 to Paderborn. He continues to start for them and started vs Dortmund today in a 3-3 draw. Cool match up for him, in the end Sancho/Reus made the comeback possible.

will be curious to know what happens to 00-Raschl? will he get a winter loan or post Winter integration or does he end up all season in II? If he stays would be surprising if he doesn't make his Dortmund/pro debut.

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like 02-Adeyemi might also have been the guy who drew his club's PK which was scored.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kuntz will bring in more 1999 players next season, when they won’t be eligible for DFB U20

Already contacted Czyborra and Gurleyen.

btw, it’s disappointing for Cyrill Akono so far with Mainz II, even playing only in Regional League. If he wanna make it to first team, that’s not the production he wants in RL

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Akono is being outperformed by 00-Hermes and Hermes was the one who played in 1st team friendly too in Nov. At this point, I feel like 03-Schmidt seems more exciting follow up Forward after Burkardt.

Gurleyen needs to be playing higher than RL 1st to be U21 call up.

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TM said Danny Schmidt is a Mittelsturmer. But he mainly plays at 10

Yusuf Kabadayi preferred position is also LW not MS. Even tho he plays pretty well at MS at times

Akono just lost that instinct out there, don’t think first team will call him up if the slump continues

Thought it was a nice move to Mainz before as they really don’t have many good CF options other than Mateta and Quison. And they sometimes play with two strikers

If Akono could’ve played better and scored like 7-8 goals by now in RL (really easy league in the south) that could’ve been another story

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's why I said forward and not striker/CF but he does have all the tools to play CF if the club decides to play him there next season more often. Same for Kabadayi, I've seen lots of Bayern fans that prefer Kabadayi be played at CF since he has all the tools especially physically for it and could be a better fit than the others in squad.

there are players who can play more than 1 position, we've seen AM/CF or W/CF or some even AM/W/CF or even AM/W, and that's good for pro levels, you never want to be only 1 position player. Especially when CF is harder to get chances than other position.

in the end preferred position won't trump playing time or coach desires. I've seen players who said that they prefer middle as in AM/CF but are always played at the W since it's what the coach wants or prefers.

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s just that CF is a position required more physicality so it won’t be easy for 18 year olds to have fully developed in that area. Some even happened at 23/24

Kabadayi is ok, 183cm he last said. Not a physical beast but maybe adequate. He had a growth spurt earlier, think he won’t grow too much after

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    will Kabadayi move up to U19 next season? Bayern likes to play players they rate up an age group. Wonder if Malik Tillman moves up to II next season?

Kabadayi played 2 years up his age group at Bayern U17 last season and this season still up his age group for Bayern U17.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it’s possible, but maybe some 2003 have taken the space in U19 too. So it really depends on opportunity

he is a big fan of Cristiano Ronaldo, n I think his game/position is quite similar

but he is in theory a Turkish now with no German citizenship. I hope he can get it ASAP.

might happen post U17

but hey, Demirbay switched to Turkey and then played for us afterwards too

I think from the example of Suat Serdar, Turkey lured him n he kinda promised them post U21 Euro. But once Loew called him up he stayed with us

I think that applied to many Turk/German

but they gotta show promise earlier

Cenk Tosun was an interesting case, he chose Turkey because he couldn’t even start ahead of Lasogga, Ginczek, Volland, Polter n Mlapa in DFB , (more or less the same age group)

so he didn’t see himself having a future with us. (At that time we still have Klose, Gomez n Kruse)

Not like he is doing well these days anyway.

still don’t think Gueven Yalcin is a better player than Kruger, David Otto, Wintzheimer or Nieland.. n he knew that too

key is show promise earlier, at around 18/19, will be ideal. Like Gedikli, that’s perfect for us

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    03s attackers of relevance is basically Motika/Musiala/Gunther that's it. If Tillman were to move up to II don't see why there wouldn't be any space. Next season U19=02-03. Or maybe Tillman moves up in Winter......

what I don't get is if Kabadayi is so keen on Germany why does he accept Turkey call ups. It's obvious Germany wants him, why not.........just wait for Germany.:eek: Going to Turkey and then to Germany,will always piss people off more than if you were always with Germany. But seriously as of now he could be useful for Germany, the potential is there. I do get the Ronaldo feel to him (not saying he's the next Ronaldo or anything like that). I think the issue is that these days every kid wants to play NT and tournaments which makes some have no patience.

agree, Yalcin is not better than any of those 4, will be curious if Nieland gets 1st team chances? Kruger if continues his run he's likely headed to 1BL in Summer. I'm not really sad or disappointed that Yalcin plays for Turkey.

As for Gedikli I want to see how he does in U19 1st that will determine whether Bayer Leverkusen promotes him or not. But the potential is there and he's currently unfit.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kabadayi is better as a left winger or as a striker in a two-striker setup

really depends on what formation will the U19 play next season

but mostly is 4231

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

16. I read Flick has put Zirkzee into the first team selection with a couple of other talents to prove themselves in that setting.
    It wouldhave been better if they left him at Feyenoord and developed a German talent in that spot in the academy. No one can convince me there's not a likewise German talent worth while to spend the money on.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    these days German CFs have bad rep and false 9 doesn't help either. Bayern U19 have no CF outside of Zirkzee (and Timossi?) when Zirkzee plays Tillman doesn't play there he's in midfield and when Zirkzee isn't there Tillman is in false 9.......Most people don't think Tillman will end up as a CF, so why play him there who knows it's short term thinking over long term. I don't think Zirkzee would have gotten this chance with 1st team this early if Arp didn't re-injure his hand, 1 day back. Arp will be back in December.

Zirkzee started vs Frankfurt U19 today in a 2-1 loss and was subbed out at HT. And if I'm honest he's been very poor in 3rd Liga too. And if I'm honest again, he's UEFA YL inflates the reality most of that was clever through balls from Stiller.....seriously 4/4 Zirkzee goals in YL were all Stiller assists.....and those were 4/5 goals he scored in all competition this season too. I think that Olympiacos game was the only game he looked decent this season. Other games, errant passing, losing the ball, selfishness, horrible 1st touch etc. I've also seen other people who have said that he's stagnated a lot this season.

Bayern U19 lost today with no Rhein, no Gunther and I no Stiller who I believe is currently unfit. Those are 3 big missing players.

18. No offense with honest criticism. I really donot get that urge by foreign top clubs to snap up Dutch talents letting them occupy spots that could be filled by homegrown talents. It's a proven fact that almost none of the talents gone abroad grow into a significant player, while those that went against the trend and stayed put are now top players.

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the answer to that is easy.......because they are cheaper now than if they were to dev in Netherlands. How much money would they cost then? Also because a lot of players have big club syndrome, they want to be in big clubs instead of the place with the best chance to breakthrough....

that is the current transfer strategy in majority of Europe. Bayern keeps talking about more youth promotions as transfer prices are becoming bonkers. Why do you think all of Europe wants Adeyemi now. Better fork up $15+M now because he if he breaksthrough and performs his prices will go through the roof. They don't want another Sancho/Mbappe scenerios where those players will be overpriced.

honestly if it was me, I would ban any transfers in Europe until after a certain age. At this point, it's basically child/teen trafficking LOL. And it's why tons of EPL clubs get into ton of shit as they go after the player while they are underage.......

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2 things I don't like about this season in U21.
    1-Janelt who's not a cb playing cb which cost us a game
    2-why does Kuntz call up sooo many DM/CMS. Seriously Hack is the only non CF attacker, the other 5 guys are all CFs, how about calling up some AM/W? And less DM/CMs.

Last U21 we called up
    Fein, Geiger, Dorsch, Janelt, Ozcan, R.Baku, Burnic, and Kiomourtzoglou.

that's 8 DM/CM, sheesh too much. But then Kuntz seems Janelt as CB option he's not and R.Baku as RB. Baku can be deployed there but he's not a RB, he's a CM. That's always iffy, a player can be deployed in another position doesn't mean they will be effective.

I tend to think the real talents/Senior NT prospects from 98-99 in terms of DM/CM are Fein, Geiger (when fit) and Maier (when fit). The rest are far away. As usual they can't all make the senior NT those are facts as they will get competition from older guys and from younger guys too. 00-onwards have plenty of interesting DM/CMs too.

for 98-99
    -Fein is headed for 1BL next season. From that tweet sounds like Bayern Munich if not seems likely he could go back on loan with HSV if they get 1BL promotion.
    -Geiger is already 1BL, does well when fit
    -Maier, is already 1BL, does well when fit. Hertha are desperate to have him back again.
    -Dorsch seems headed for 1BL, will be interesting to see how he does next season. Did well in his 1 game for Bayern years ago.
    -R.Baku is already in 1BL, needs more consistency.
    -Janelt is headed nowhere, he doesn't even play at his club.......
    -Ozcan does well at youth levels but has struggled to establish himself at the pro level. If he can take his potential and continue to perform in his 2BL loan than he could be going upwards. Although whether he goes upwards in 2020 or 2021 is another question.
    -Kiomourtzoglou, needs to show himself at higher level than Eredivisie.
    -Burnic is pretty solid, will be interesting to see if he moves up to 1BL in Summer.
    -Tempelmann, Freiburg/Streich likes him and when fit he was part of the 1BL squad all season, currently injured. Will get more chances and they even extended his contract.

Other DM/CMs in this age group.
    -Zehir, I don't really rate him. Pauli should focus on Becker and their other guys in U19/II instead who are all younger than Zehir.
    -Toure, in Juventus B, even played in Juventus 1st team in preseason. Issue with him is that although he's intriguing, Serie C is not good enough to be called up to Germany U21. He needs to playing higher level. In Summer, it was said that 1BL clubs were interested in him but Juventus bought him for $1.5-2M as they had him on loan last season and wanted him permanently. At this point by the time he goes anywhere relevant it might be too late for U21 like if he makes a real breakthrough in 2021-onwards. If he breakthrough Juventus 1st team, could change things for him.I mean Can is being linked out, so could open up a space assuming they don't get someone else. Otherwise would guess he's more likely to be loaned out in Summer 2020, maybe Serie B or something. That is always the thing with U21 it pretty much is about guys at higher level within a specific timeframe but some guys end up making real breakthroughs somewhere at like 24-25 and that's already too late for youth NT.
    -Tarnat,so close to making his breakthrough but due to H96 struggling still no chances yet and they keep changing coaches.
    -Friede, is being reported to being headed out of Hertha. Would guess maybe 2BL or maybe he leaves Germany. Spent good chunk of season out, so we will have to see where he ends up 1st.
    -S.Rhein, 3rd Liga loan from 2BL
    -Krebs, better than RL and does really well when fit but thats his issue struggles to stay fit and needs to move up in Summer 2020 if he wants a chance for call up. One wonders if he extends if Hertha II were to move up to 3rd Liga, current contenders for promotion.
    -Akkaynak, has made no progress......
    -Kubler, has done well for a terrible 3rd Liga team but injuries have made him miss most of this season. And his club without him are currently worse team in 3rd Liga. Hope he at least gets rescued by another 3rd Liga club if they get relegation or if he can perform when back maybe a 2BL club picks him up?
    -Benger/Herzog are both playing below their level, really need to leave Gladbach II and move up soon.
    -Will, feels like a guy who will move to 2BL either in Summer 2020 or Summer 2021.
    -Horn/Moker/Justvan are doing well at Wolfsburg II and need to leave although feels like if Wolfsburg II get 3rd Liga promotion, currently 1st place. They might decide to stay at the club instead.......
    -Schwarzholz isn't doing as well in RL
    -Harlass/Schleimer are 2 guys either they get integrated by FCN or they should leave.
    -Sontheimer is only on loan from 2BL Furth and a starter in 3rd Liga.
    -Papadopoulos/Gattau are part of the Hallescher 1st team squad and that team is 2BL promotion candidates too
    -Egerer is a starter at Meppen while Gnasse is regular at WK both 3rd Liga.
    -Schwermann was a starter at Dortmund II but torn ligament and has been out since.

okay, I'll stop here, I'm sure there are a lot more in 3rd Liga-OL who I either forgot, haven't brokenthrough yet, currently injured or ones from clubs we usually don't bring up. I mean there can easily be a 98-99 from some random RL club who ends up in 2BL or something. Not a 98-99 but 01-Eisenhuth is attracting plenty of higher level interest and he's a starter in Cottbus in RL.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    forgot
    I also didn't list F.Gotze, Baack, Kunze, and Gul. Those 4 are DMs/CBs, although I feel like they are more seen as DMs than CBs though by their clubs. More like CB is back up.

-F.Gotze is injured but did well in 1BL believe he's only played DM at Ausgburg so not seen as CB. He won't play until post Winter, will be curious to see if he becomes relevant for U21 or not.
    -Baack is another one who is seen as DM and getting closer to breakingthrough Jahn. Playing well for Germany U20 too. I hope he manages to breakthrough soon.
    -Gul, really should be given more chances at Wehen. Their older players are flops point blank.
    -Kunze, moved to AB who are 1BL promotion candidates although is a regular part of 1st team squad he's more of a back up player. Only played like 16 min all season. The rest is unused bench player.

there is also Groiss (DM) and Hanek (CM) at 2BL Karlsruher. Groiss is only youngster close to 1st team this season, Hanek seems like a loan candidate. And also Rieder who is getting close in Eredivisie but has yet to make his debut. And also Sander at Kiel who is finally making some progress at Kiel although had some injury setback.

Okay, I'll stop now.:p

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U17
    X2: Sohn, Kurth, Grober, Wirtz,Lutke-Frie, Asallari, Schmidt (and we were just talking about him yesterday, lol), Sieb, Sanyang
    X1: Sanogo (04), Kamdem (04), Sherbourne, Ambach, Merke, Nkula, Kiesewalter, Reincke, Littbarski, Kade (04), Rolke (double digits), Yilidirim (04), Hadziavdic (04), Schliemann, Koster, Jander, Decker, Wensing, Mata, El-Zein, Cartus, Klassen, Papadopoulos, Evcil
    Calhanoglu (double digits), Tohumcu (04), Hille, Lodama, Toprak, Freischlad (04), Hausmann, Horataci, Wenig,Tambo. Ibrahim
    Kohmann, Jerrentrup, Thissen,Gatzke,

Matanovic made his comeback as a sub in a 3-0 loss. Gencoglu was also used as a sub for Dortmund..
    Wirtz back in XI and he scored a double vs a Gedikli less Bayer in a 3-0 win. Really shows how U17 NT missed a player like him. When Wirtz XI this season he's been at 5 goals in 5 games, has only played 7 games this season too.

Italy U19
    -Looks like 01-Borges is out until Jan 2020. Seriously players and their injuries.

U19
    X3: Woltemade (double digits)
    X2: S.Muller (getting closer to having best season ever for Koln U19 player, already at 13), Cakar (scored a double in a 2-1 win over Bayern U19 and now also Frankfurt U19 top scorer for season too!), Aslanidis, Samardzic (double digits), Maciejewski, Borkowski (getting more and more into it)
    X1: Heric, Schroers, Reitz, Skraback, Biskup, Ozden, Cestic, Lemperle (good to see him scoring again), Schwirten, Geishauser, Jacob Jansen, Romling, Dautaj (finally scores), Minewitsch (lol, TM has him at 0 when he's already at 5), Michalak, Kehrer, Dietz, Muhlrath, Civeja, Piljek, Galjen, Kahriman, Petrovic, T.Meier, Mertens, Abdullatif, Stehle, Winkler, Grosser, Harres, Dinkci (extends his Nord/Nordost lead to 16), Keller, Roscher, Aksakal, Krauss, Amededjisso, Akame, Bell Bell, Giesel, Sauer, Loblein, Consbruch, Temin, Bird

Harnafi made his comeback game today as a sub in a 3-0 win over Bayer U19 who didn't play Scott for whatever reason....Gladbach U19 and Koln U19 extend their leads at the top of West. Gaal/Bongard are one of the best defensive pair in West. Meanwhile Obuz is suspended and Thielmann is unfit so didn't play either.

Kramny and Grimm made their comebacks as unused bench players for Stuttgart. And as mentioned above, no Rhein/Stiller/Gunther for Bayern.

RL
    Ngankam (10th).
    lol seriously every II team either 1-didn't score or 2-their only goals were scored by overage players. Ngankam scored the 1-0 winner in a game vs Viktoria Berlin. Seems like a header assist off of Dardai, have to say Dardai like most of Hertha II players seem to be playing below their potential. Also 00-Jastrzembski is fit again and played as a sub.

the Dutch "1st teamer" 01-Redan looks to have cooled down a lot. He scored 4 goals in his 1st 2 games at Hertha II but hasn't scored since and today played his 7th game. Last scored like September 1, almost 3 months ago.

3rd Liga
    -Huth with a double for his 6th-7th of the season in a 4-2 win. Zwickau want to keep him at the club. At this point he should try out in 2BL instead. While 99 Hoffmeier made his 3rd Liga debut for Munster playing 5 min in the 4-2 loss.
    -99 Kisombi who scored in that 1-1 vs Gladbach during International break, assisted winning goal today in a 2-1 win.

still way too many benchers who I would like to see breakthrough XI.

Austrian 2nd division
    -Rothmeier who recently moved to his club came on today in a 1-0 loss at the 20th min. Kept a clean sheet in his 70 min played. While 01-Basic continues to be unused and has yet to make his debut.

2BL
    -Kiel trashed Wehen 6-3.
    Wehen who barely play youngsters.
    Subs: Gul (came on at 60th when it was already 5-3), Knoll
    Unused: Guthorl, Shipnoski, Franke

Kiel XI:Neumann, lyoha, Serra, Ozcan
    Subs: M.Baku
    Unused: Reimann, Lauberbach

No highlight but 1st goal was scored by lyoha scoring his 3rd of the season. Assist by Serra.

Serra scored his 4th of the season to make it 4-1.
    https://streamja.com/lMZz

Ozcan Scored his 1st of the season to make it 5-3 over Wehen.
    https://streamja.com/OvVo

Serra picks up another assist to make it 6-3.
    https://streamja.com/bP76

Let's hope lyoha (on loan) continues to score so that he's used in 1BL next season. While Serra really needs a 2nd consecutive double digits season.

-AB drew Sandhausen (doesn't use young players) 1-1.
    AB XI: Pieper
    Unused: Lucoqui, Kunze, Seufert........Staude is unfit.

-HSV beat Dynamo 2-1.
    HSV XI: Fein

David will return to squad next matchday while of course Vagnoman is out until like Feb/March.

Dynamo XI: Ehlers, Burnic, Kulke (getting more and more playing time)
    Subs: J.Lowe
    very unlucky loss for Dynamo as they conceded in injury time.

Eredivisie
    -Kohlert with another assist as Willem II lead 3-1 and could move to 4th place in Eredivisie with win.
    -Czyborra and Kiomourtzoglou both played full 90 in a 4-1 loss to best team in league Ajax. That was likely good experience for both.

1BL
    -N.Schlotterbeck came on like 90+2. I really hope he can breakthrough XI. GL-Itter had a cold so missed out, Tempelmann is injured and Thiede was unused bench.
    -Wolfsburg #1 is back so no more Menzel on bench. While Nmecha and Rexhabecaj were both unused.
    -Union Berlin beat Gladbach 2-0,K.Schlotterbeck is showing himself to be a solid CB. While 99-Kade made his 1st bench for Union but unused same for Nicolas........Gladbach had Neuhaus in XI and since a bunch of older players were fit again Beyer was left out.
    -Mai was unused bench at Bayern while Kastenmeier was the bench GK for Fortuna. Can't wait for Barkok to be in 1st team again, hopefully next weekend.
    -Serdar started for Schalke in a 2-1 win over Bremen. Schalke had Schubert/Mercan/Reese unused. Bremen used J.Eggestein as 17 min sub, Goller as 5 min sub
    -Jakobs started his 2nd consecutive game for Koln and played the full 90 again in a 4-1 loss to RB Leipzig. Let's hope Jakobs and Katterbach when fit again and some of their U19 players make a breakthrough at Koln this season. Not for nothing that their 02s(+03-Wirtz) were German U17 Champs last season and now their U19 are leading the U19 West......They have plenty of talents.....I do think it's interesting the amount of talents clubs like Koln and Mainz have, will these struggling clubs give out chances???

still too much injury issues or unused bench in 1BL. Close but not there yet, let's hope Winter-onwards we see more 00-02s make 1BL.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    where was 02-Egloff you ask? He's with 1st team tomorrow!!!

Tim Walter appoints top talent Lilian Egloff in squad
    VfB coach Tim Walter has appointed top talent Lilian Egloff of the A-Juniors of VfB Stuttgart in the squad for the derby against Karlsruher SC.

The 17-year-old junior jewel had already participated in the professional training during the week. The attacking midfielder has recently made a big leap forward and is considered the club's biggest talent.

If Egloff continues, it is not excluded that he will be an integral part of the professional in the medium term.
    https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten...enz.322e2356-ff82-4377-b47b-28fe4100a3fc.html

shame that 02-Meyer is injured for months. He likely would also have been given chances.

Fun fact Egloff could be youngest Stuttgart debutant ever.
    Werner, 17 years, 148 days
    Egloff, 17 years, 94 days.

24. When Zirkzee doesnot become a Bayern worthy player it was a waste of that spot that could have been used to better effect for a homegrown player. Meanwhile AZ Alkmaar's tandem Stengs/ Boadu are in the Orange squad at that age, because they stayed in the Eredivisie. So waste money/effort in the academy and spend perhaps xx million on one or both those AZ guys in the near future anyway?

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    clubs don't care about homegrown, it's sad to say. They only care about 1st team prospect and are willing to go foreign. Some people in dfb, think Youth leagues in Germany are becoming more and more International too.

It really annoys me (non Zirkzee talk) when clubs get some mediocre foreign players. Play them in every game in XI and they flop but they still start every game. While better German players get benched. At this point, I to get this feeling like some clubs want the foreign players to do well and are giving them all the chances to do so.

I've seen so many clubs where people involved talked about how this foreign player or that foreign player is a 1st team prospect........before they even played 1 U19 game, LOL. It's a fact that 1BL clubs want foreign players to reach International markets too.

Back to Zirkzee, it's because he's a CF and these German clubs at this point don't care about German CFs. Too many clubs have foreign CF or play false 9. They complain about German CF yet have no interest in dev them, lol. Also doesn't help that 01 German CFs are not great outside a handful+another handful who are decent. Its why numerous clubs are actually playing 02s instead because that age group is much much better.