Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wingers are not wingers anymore

Many of them are not used to provide width and don’t play on the flanks

Some teams play with one winger on one side and the other side an inside forward or even trequartista

It works perfectly well

Look Man City when Sterling is a winger (although play more central recently), the other side is a playmaker in Bernardo Silva

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If only in 2BL, then maybe Lauberbach. If Tigges can play a few games for Dortmund, maybe he can be a option

Won’t rule that out completely, even if he makes 1st team bench won’t be bad

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this International Break, 1BL, 2BL, all show that headers are just as relevant as before. It's why I think strikers need to be effective there to be as complete as possible.

It's nice to see J.Eggestein score more and more headers!!!

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hopefully this boosts Hack's confidence when he returns to FCN.

Lauberbach needs to be productive 1st and since he plays at same club as Serra, he's currently behind.

would not surprise me one bit if Favre plays false 9 over giving S.Tigges chances, after Paco come Reus/Gotze. Although could be cool to see him get chances. But that is reality same issue with Arp, when they are like Gnabry, Muller, this guy can play CF if Lewa is out injured not a confidence boost for Arp. These clubs don't trust youngsters and always the same response they need more time/aren't ready? How do you get ready when you never get chance?

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I m not too concern when our strikers are used as “wingers” , because tactically their role isn’t winger as fans thought

Winger used to provide width and attack the flanks. Nowadays coaches let wingers to go centrally, width is provided by fullbacks

That happens to soooo many teams.

When Cristiano , Higuain n Douglas Costa play, u no longer see Cristiano attack the flanks. But more like a striker partner of Higuain in the middle , even they play 433

It’s a tactical trend ... too difficult not to notice.

So u don’t need to play fast wingers on both sides (B.Silva isn’t a winger who’s fast too). U have to overload one side, then the other can be a finisher. It happens too

So u have two strikers in the middle instead of one.

Tactics can interchange too. Defensive formation isn’t the same as offensive; and both wings don’t have to balance out for many tactical reasons

It’s not the 90s

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like Geiger was unfit, is he ever fit?

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Reus/Gotze are injury prone, so Tigges has a chance and if he has it, he needs to make a impression. No matter if that’s 15 or 20 min , get the best out of it

Arp will have a future with Bayern. Just not sure if that’s this season. Maybe a loan to other club for next two seasons then back at 22? He will be more polished by then

But training with Lewandowski n Muller will do him good

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has a flu only , no big deal

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    would guess Arp is likely U21 1st choice for 2023. Although if he breakthrough at Bayern in next 4 years, maybe he should just jump directly to Senior NT and give U21 to someone else? Will be curious to know if Arp gets any Olympics call up or if whole focus is 98-99. If he goes on loan next season he should focus on club over any Olympics.

as for Geiger, he always has some issue.:p

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Arp will have a future with Bayern, I think he wants that too. Being Bayern Main striker usually means u are top striker for German Nt

I will give him 4 years to achieve that. By 23 he will be playing for NT

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    would love for him to do it in 3ish year, could be nice to see him in 2022 WC but the home Euro 2024 seems more likely.

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WC 2022 ... if Loew’s the Nt coach lol he won’t have a chance anyway

If Kuntz? Maybe possible even if he doesn’t have regular practice at Bayern

I think Gedikli has a chance though, just a gut feeling . In 3-4 years time

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that bum Meikel Schonweitz says that he sees potential in German youngsters but that we need to get the best out of them and that we can get much more out of Germany.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gedikli needs to play in U19 1st and impress there, seems like Wuck was very happy with him this International break.

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Danny Schmidt too.

Interesting

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "You have to say that it was more than an away game, also with the background that Belgium lost here, so you have to win first," said Kuntz, happy about the successful start: "We had a match plan, from We were convinced that how the team did it was great ". Three-time scorer Hack added: "With a lot of patience, we made it 1-0, after that we had a lot more action forward, we did well and deserved to win at height, which gives us a lot of confidence."

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Belgium U21 seems to be bad and they are in our group in qualifiers.

our Group is Germany, Wales, Belgium, Bosnia, and Moldova.
    Belgium drew Bosnia 0-0 and lost to Wales 1-0 and we trashed Wales 5-1.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Upon penning the new terms, the forward told Liverpoolfc.com: “It's a great feeling obviously.

"I was disappointed to get my injury at the start of the season, but it's a great feeling and it shows that the club has got faith in me. Now I can just focus on my rehab and get back on the pitch.

"I've been at the club for so long and I just want to keep going and see where it takes me. Hopefully I can crack on now and keep going. The contract makes it easier.

"Mentally, it's good to be able to focus on the rehab and know that there's people that have faith in me and they know I'll come back from my injury stronger and I'll be ready when I'm back on the pitch."

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more on Hack
    Kuntz praises Hack: "That made the boy great"
    For Hack, the upward trend continues, since the Hoffenheim homegrown company changed in the summer to second division 1. FC Nuremberg. The game practice is doing him well, the self-confidence is growing. After all these three goals, especially. "This uphill development of Robin was already recognizable in Nuremberg, it was only to consider where he could be most effective for us," said U-21 coach Stefan Kuntz, "that's what made the boy great, he has which is already indicated in training, he is extremely active, is very dangerous and has good qualifications, now we have to offer him the environment, so he can implement that. "

The club should like to go on like this. "Everyone can go back to the club with a broad chest, confident, definitely," Hack looks forward to the upcoming tasks.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Ajax have a very competitive system. Looks like right now there's just too many wing and attacking midfield players ahead of him.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany