Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -98 CB Abu Hanna really is the starter for Zorya, currently 2nd place in Ukraine and today played 78 min in a 3-1 loss to La Liga Espanyol in Leg 1, away leg. Always sucks to get a La Liga club in these playoff games.

-Bentaleb seems heavily linked out of Schalke and into Bremen. That opens up space for guys like Mercan/Serdar/Boujellab not going to look at U19/II.

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Bochum might have some agreement with him or his agent. Or else he wouldn’t have joined the team

After all, Dautaj is still one of the better prospects born in 2001. He must have many offers

If I m not mistaken, dautaj is promised to join Bochum First team next season. Not sure if he will play tho, still have a lot to prove

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More praise for 99-N.Schlotterbeck.

Center-back Dominique Heintz had to content himself surprisingly with a place on the substitute bench at SC Freiburg on matchday one. Youngster Nico Schlotterbeck received instead the preference in the defense center at the Breisgauer. With a possibly upcoming change of the former, the non-consideration had nothing to do.

"I can not afford to leave any players out because of that, Heintz played well against Cagliari and everything was fine in training, but Nico Schlotterbeck was so conspicuous in training that he played," said coach Christian Streich.

"Heintz did not blame himself, he did well before that, it was just a sporty decision out of the gut, and Nico did well, really well, and now it's about keeping his confidence , is humble and knows exactly where he belongs, so that he can develop in peace, "adds Streich concluding.

I hope that N.Schlotterbeck continues to be XI. Hopefully Chabot/Kilian/Beyer etc work their way to XI. Would also be nice to see some Mai integration too.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Bleart is a further alternative for the Storm Center, also because of his height. Since we were still a bit thin on this position anyway, the transfer makes perfect sense for us to promote the competition. We hope for a few goals from him and are happy to welcome him to us, "explains Alexander Richter, head of the talent factory. Most recently, the shoe at the U19 pushed something in the exploitation of scoring opportunities, as the newcomer should now create a remedy. He has already proved that he knows where the goal is.

he shouldn't join any 1st team until he does prove himself.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like he might have not make his debut this weekend and it might not be until DFB Junioren Cup. So he could miss 1st 4 matches in his last U19 season.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladach 1st team coach Rose watched the Gladbach U19 vs Dortmund U19 derby.

"I come from the offspring area, I was active there for five years. I know how it works and what's important to the players. For me, it's important that I build and maintain the wire as a professional trainer. "Rose added," I've really enjoyed what I've seen. The guys have caused the Dortmundern with their aggressive pressing a lot of problems, before the equalizer could have fallen 2: 0. There were many good approaches to take on a path that we all want to go together. "A consistent game concept from youth to professionals can help the next generation.

starters were randomly ordered Brull, Adigo, Gaal, Bongard, Kurt, Pfalz (scored winner), Noss, Niehues, Schroers, Soares.

Skraback (who scored hat trick in previous game) and Harnafi are both injured. Get the feeling they might actually play Harnafi if he was fit, since it seems like Gladbach isn't playing with a striker in the 3 games so far.

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kid wasn’t too focus on football

Hope he learnt his lessons. He is definitely a different type of striker in their squad

I hope he can make it but it’s hard work. He didn’t play much in last season. Needs to prevent injuries too

And he still have an Abitur to do. Some 2001 have already finished

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2B01D879-E478-4967-B79D-0DDCC585CA7F.jpeg

Malick Sanogo doesn’t have a German passport yet

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah dfb lists him as USA on the official site. So he's Ivory Coast-USA player and seems like soon enough will be German eligible. dfb did call him up to 04 Camp in mid-August.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    impression I get is that its very easy for people to be born in USA. Parents were doing something for a bit in USA, boom kid born in USA. Parents had some temp job, kid born in USA, parents lived in USA for a short while born in USA. Simply due to draw/opportunities of that country.

looks like soon enough Sanogo will be a triple national. 04 age group looks like could be competitive.

11. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely true. A friend of my wife's parent immigrated to Canada via USA. She was born in the USA beofre they got to Canada. She married an American (still in Canada). When she applied for a green card, they looked at her birth certificate and said (or words to the efftect)" Shoot girl, you're an American"

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a lot of people try the USA and a lot of times it doesn't work or last long. I know a lot of people who tried USA but then settled in Canada instead too. And yeah, it does lead to USA born kids too.

my own parents were very very close to moving to the USA before I was born, due to a lot of companies wanting my dad. But they felt USA was nice to visit but not to live in. Can't blame them, that country is a mess.

I believe there are a bunch of German players who are born in USA but their parents never lasted there and due to that they become eligible to play for the US as well.

things like that makes me feel like should eligibility really be based on country of birth? In this Globalized world, too easy for someone to be born somewhere but then never really living there. Or the dev of players, shouldn't that matter the most?

it's like Kabadayi, born in Germany, dev in Germany and currently not even eligible to play for Germany.....some countries have stricter rules on being born in country that others who are very lax.

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Well Kabadayi’s situation is a bit different. His parents were illegal to conceive babies in Germany at that time.

More like refugee status in Germany.

If they were immigrants , they could’ve conceive Yusuf is legal way

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    illegal is not the right word for it. More like if they conceive the kid isn't considered German. But Germany rules are strict and take a long time.

my point about Kabadayi is kid is born in Germany and dev in Germany and he can't even play for the country until he's eligible. Didn't you also say that he failed to acquire it too on a few occasions and that Bayern is trying to help him?

out of curiosity in his 15 years, how long has he been in Germany? Seems like his whole dev is Germany as a player.

all the while he's eligible for Turkey and already played for them.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2020-2021 is the season where 04 born kids can be provisionally capped tied in U17 NT. It means we are basically a year away from competitive games where he's still only Turkey eligible.

I know he said that he prefers dfb but come next season if he's still ineligible would he continue to wait?

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1291 Ger90, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    who are GKs for this U21 cycle for 98-99?
    -98-Schubert is a given and if Nubel leaves in Summer 2020, he'll become #1 at Schalke in 1BL.
    -In 2BL seems like 99-Bartels is the only option but currently on bench as Wehen have had a terrible start. Not impossible he gets his chance at some point.

in 3rd Liga you got 99-Grill as a #1. While 98-Fromman on loan is currently bencher. Another bencher is 99-Hoffmann although he's likely to get a decent amount of chances even if #1 is Fruchtl (who the more impresses the more likely could move up to 2BL min next season) which would make Hoffmann #1. And Hoffmann played once this season.

from RL/1BL options
    98-Menzel, Dahmen
    99-Smarsch, Leneis, Thiede (currently on Freiburg 1st team bench due to Flekken injury)

you also got Benda/Bansen abroad but those 2 need to be #1. Bansen played 2 games in Belgium 1st division this season but back to the bench.

then it basically goes to 00s. Your 00s in highest level is 3rd Liga with Fruchtl and Mantl both #1 in their clubs and the rest are in RL. There are even some 01s in RL.

Get the feeling it edge could be Schubert, Bartels, Grill/Fruchtl for initial calls. I could see Fruchtl play the Schubert role as in a GK eligible for 2023 who is part of the 2021 squad to have some transitional player.

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1292 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Can’t blame the government. Because there were 3 years in between where Yusuf was living in Turkey. He will have a German passport tho, Bayern Munich will help him

But until now , he isn’t eligible

I think His parents were illegal immigrants back then. Those the right words

So Kabadayi’s situation is a bit different compared to others.

Normally, like Makanda and Evina, it takes a maximum of 8 years

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Will be great if he plays for Turkey at U17 n then switch to German U19 afterwards

It’s better than playing Dfb in youth then play for Turkey at pro.

But Prus contacted him and he will go to Dfb training camp later this season

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    his game has promise, so who which pro do you liken him to since I know you like to do that?

I do agree, I actually do like the L.Nmecha method, so then the player is permanently capped tied to Germany at the youth levels and can never switch again.

an issue I have is there is no way you can permanently cap everyone, so you will eventually lose players and it will shrink your pool when you got 1BL players (or other top division) and they play for other countries. Has not been so bad due to older age groups being mostly full German. But look at 03, lots of duals in there, even 02 has a lot too.

and of course it would be Prus, that bum is 04 coach. Dude has no excuse, he played false 9 with 01 due to lack of options but for 04 he has like almost 10 options.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    always found Cubanito obnoxious the few times I saw his vids.

04-Kabadayi and 05-Yildiz from one year ago.

Neymar repped this.
  22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the best scenario is like Demirbay or Nmecha. So at a certain point he can’t switch anymore and tie with Germany at senior level

Youth football matters but it’s not the key

Kabadayi’s parents were illegal immigrants tho, and it did make Yusuf a German citizenship.

If Yusuf plays in Bundesliga of coz we have an advantage

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so he can play LW/CF and is being mentored by Klose, it's good that a good amount of strikers are being tought by Klose.
    is he still continuing his striker program? Is Arp in that?

still find it disappointing that Bayern has so many interesting young player but 0 plans. Only + is 3rd Liga promotion......

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yusuf Kabadayi’s favourite position is Left winger

He and Lasse Günther dont participate in the striker program as I’ve been told by Skeledzic.

Ricardo Wagner is in it tho

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For immigrants who went through the procedure, it usually takes 7-8 years for them to have citizenship

But since his parents came in as illegal immigrants, things were more complicated, just like Alaa Bakir

I think it might take a while until he got everything settled.

Alaa Bakir was in Dfb training camp and at that time he wasn’t eligible to play for us