Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I m not afraid of French mediocre strikers who come in. If they are good like Haller and Mateta of coz it’s another story but u are talking about most non-good ones in the league

If we can produce more MOUKOKO and so on, he will put them on the bench even they might have started with more experience.

If the Medicare French strikers can’t produce n not playing well, then they will be eliminated because everyone (fans , media, sponsors) want Moukoko to start ahead. So coaches will give them minutes to start with

Key is to produce more Moukoko or Gedikli type elite striker talents and they won’t be scared f competition. Moukoko is guarantee to play with first team with this path , almost no matter who the competitor will be

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The aim is simple: if we can produce like good amounts of elite talents like 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1996, 2003, 2004

The problem now is between 1996 n 2003 we don’t have such productions

We will be fine. If we have more talents like Netz, Gedikli n Moukoko . We shouldn’t worry about the incoming players. I feel like the clubs won’t buy as many as well

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think if u are not an elite talent like Oezil, Kroos, Goetze, Draxler(?), Brandt, Werner, Moukoko if might take longer for the players to be acknowledged and teams are certain about their potential or ability

Moukoko or Goetze made noise when they were very young and coaches are all certain about their capabilities

If you aren’t elite, it may take longer because the first team aren’t certain about this player. May need to loan him out for 1-3 seasons , that’s a longer route

And even u aren’t elite, u have to be special or really good at something: technically, physically, athleticism.. u have to be outstanding at something

Szalai, Joelinton are physical beasts;
    Weghorst is great finisher, a giant and an aerial threat, good technical ability for his size too;
    Then Paco Alcacer is a deadly finisher;
    Poulsen is decent pivot and an amazing defensive forward who pressed a lot and won a lot of duels.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not too sure of that. These clubs are kind of dicks tbh, when they buy players long term and they have players they really rate that are like 1-2 years away from 1st team. How is that not a block? And you see plenty of clubs who do this as well.

a lot of ex pros, criticize how U19 now is more about results and winning trophies and less about dev players, throwing players in the cold water early. Players playing to the last possible second in U19, what is the point of that? And they all said it perfectly, success of an Academy is not how many trophies you win but how many pros you dev.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    eh even 97-02, take all the best players/talents and you still get a lot of players, a lot. Like I keep saying age groups are irrelevant, like 100% outside of youth NT and U17 and U19 youth leagues. Once they are done with that who cares.

and the most important youth NT of them all U21 is 2 age groups combined+some of the younger ones.

what does the success of one 97 for example have to do with failure of another 97? Nothing whatsoever. It's why I find the whole grouping stupid tbh. Pros=each player individually, it's about the player and his performances at the club he plays at.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

said it from the beginning in preseason, Kovac was essentially sabotaging Arp since he doesn't trust youngsters. They got Perisic as well. Arp isn't playing even winger either. Still time for another transfer too, club/Kovac seem like they want including Perisic, 3-4 players.Seems like Kovac is just getting Croatians as an ex Croatian NT coach. Kovac really wanted Rebic to join to since last season as well.......

and now preseason is over and 1BL starts Friday, what club would even loan him in? Frankfurt is still looking for a new striker.....Arp should have signed for another 1BL club. I mean with his talents loads of 1BL clubs would have taken him in a heart beat, but nope he wants Bayern who haven't integrated since Alaba/Muller almost 10 years ago.....Although he and the club think, Arp spending whole season just training is good enough......training is not the same as competitive games. Will he spend a whole year training with 1st team and playing low level football in 3rd Liga?

as a Bayern fan, my club sucks/boring these days, ever since Jupp left. No excitement from signings, Kovac and Hasan are both jokes. The playing and style are boring as hell. Spends like close to $100M on Academy and hoard German players with 0 plans for any of them. Not counting Arp, all of the Academy's best prospects were ignored in preseason for others. Mai was blocked to going on a loan in 2nd consecutive season as the club wants him to play back up for 3 consecutive season.:rolleyes:

and then it's mindboggling how young players continue to go to Bayern when it's a dead end. Club has money, they will buy real pros. Just imagine if a few of these better prospects just went and signed in other 1BL Academies.

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For players like Moukoko , Brandt or Havertz, it was obviously a different case

When u have Moukoko, what striker can u buy? Pretty much no one because Moukoko is so much better than anyone else even 3-4 years older. He keeps scoring 2-3 goals a game, u can’t ignore him

Many commercial factors behind too. Moukoko is sponsored by Nike with millions contract at this age (only wonderkid level would got this)

I m very very sure Moukoko will play soon, there are many reasons behind. Dortmund could buy some strikers but eventually Moukoko will outplay him

That can said to be Oezil in his WB days. WB we’re trying to buy other AMs but then they resized Oezil is the best so whoever they bought would only be his sub on the bench

Elite talent needs to be shown early nowadays. Yes it’s cruel but when players like Havertz, Netz or Moukoko who showed so much promise at young age, there are multiple factors that help them to get into first team

Think 1995, 1996. Werner, Sane, Brandt, Sule, Max Meyer, Goretzka, Stark, Selke and co were famous already at 16/17 , won U19 Euro n other tourneys

We’re seen as golden generations , n those players all emerged early , according to their early hype

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When u have Moukoko who emerged early, the commercial value, he fans n media will give pressure to clubs and coaches

1995, 1996 have many wonderkids like Werner, Goretzka, MMeyer, Brandt, Tah, Stark n co. And at 17 these players make the pro because they were so good. Already seen as elite talents at 16 n probably Europe’s top 30 players

So u have to play them.

If you aren’t elite talents like 1997-1998 its hard , because clubs have more question marks

So u need to show that u are elite talent early like Timo Werner, Brandt, Goretzka or Moukoko. Then the players have the reputation, the awareness, the sponsors(very important factors nowadays, behind the scene), the media and coach attention which will force coaches to give them more chances

In Moukoko’s case, it’s almost guaranteed

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we are producing like 97, 98 and 01... things will be slow n difficult

I remember watching 97 years back n I was so concern after watching for a year, I knew it was a disastrous age group back then. N I still think the same now

So clubs saw their 97-98 crops and of coz they wanted to buy elsewhere. Even talents from Serbia or Scandinavia are much better than ours in terms of raw talent

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goretzka was a Bochum aka 2BL Academy product. His career is a perfect example of why 2BL Academies could be a good thing too not 1BL fixation.

eh even 01s has interesting prospects, there are 0 age groups in Germany than turn out 0 players to pro level.

I think really issue with 01s is CF and then for some reason CBs like Ferjani, K.Bukusu, Aidonis did not seem to do well at International level, those 3 were the U17 1st choices. Although K.Bukusu and Aidonis are rated by their clubs, not sure about Ferjani and Dortmund, would suspect no. On the positive seems like guys like Ehlers and Bella-Kotchap are continuing to breakthrough 2BL clubs even though they are 01s. Aidonis even played in 1BL last season.

But anyways I posted last week how it feels like CB is a real weak position in Germany in a lot of age groups. Where are the next Hummels/Boa or all of those greats cbs? We can talk CF all day but you can't win or perform when you always have iffy defense.

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

01 I had that 97 feeling long ago

Just my observation.

2001 I don’t see any elite talent . Many overrated ones

I think some will be promoted to first team but I don’t expect many who can play regularly in top tier and shine

I m not completely writing them off but the level of talent were like 1997 few years back.

2003 will be a true turning point

I have talked to a scout from Dortmund youth recently. He said if u have a talent like Moukoko at one position, club wouldn’t buy any foreign kid for that position. Really no point

Why I emphasise Elite talent is because wonderkids have huge huge contracts when they are 16. The treatment from the club will be affected by sponsors

Werner, Max Meyer, Leon G, Brandt, Tah, Klostermann were very highly rated when hey were 15/16, won many awards, later in U19 Euro too

These were top 20 talents worldwide and are widely seen as wonderkids. Clubs think they are sure thing

97,98, 01 we don’t have any top 20 talent. Not even Batista-Meier. Jojo Eggestein is one and he made the pro and played reasonable amount of games despite his injuries the season before.

Elite talents and the commercial reasons behind were important factors for talents to emerge too.

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well , there are some interesting CBs coming through

I heard Bright Mbi is an elite talent.

We just need more elite talents so they can emerge easier in the league

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you know that Elite talents don't grow on trees. You cannot expect every age group will have them not realistic. Even England, Spain, Italy, etc have poor age groups here and there it is the norm.

for 03s, guys who jumped to U19
    Gunther, Rhein, Herold, Suver, Netz.................for now since between now and end of season numerous others could jump up whether do to good performances in U17, injuries to others etc.

speaking of Bayern u19 why play Tillman in CF when you got Gunther (W/CF)?

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boateng started as a fullback and Hummels started as a DM before?

If Sule, Kehrer, Tah and Stark can develop well , I think defence will be set for another 6 years . Don’t like Tah but seems like coaches like him

Bisseck will develop I think.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he did very well vs France but Elite? English fans rate Musiala more (as in bigger loss if Germany takes him) and Mbi was playing all over the place between Norwich, Chelsea, Wolves, Leicester, West Ham. Never seems like he could stick anywhere and I don't believe Chelsea offered him a new contract but they did to Musiala.

and in the end he's at Bayern what does it matter that club promotes no one for real.

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That’s what I heard from Moritz Reuther n Lasse Gunther

I seriously hope Torunarigha can play well this season n stay injury free

To be very honest, I didn’t like what I saw from Bisseck n Mai from the games I saw YET. Mai showed some promises when Heyneckes was in charge but I think he didn’t play well for DFB, Bisseck is Mistake prone but looks like he might get more playing time this season with Kiel

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GK after Nubel n Florian Muller, supposed we have Plogmann, Schreiber, Daniel Klein who are good keepers for their age.

RB) Henrichs, Asta, Semic
    CB) Torunarigha, Bisseck, Mai, Bella-Kotchap, Jackel, Koudelka, Mbi, Denk
    LB) Mittelstadt, Itter, Vagnoman, Katterbach, Calhanoglu, Netz

DM) Geiger, Arne Maier, Niklas Tauer, Krauss, Raschl

CM) Mbom, Papela, Mercan, Torben Rhein, Marco John, Ridle Baku

AM/SS) Havertz, Dajaku, Samardzic, Malik Tillman (plays striker nowadays), Eyibil

RW) Adeyemi, Kuhn, Hartmann, Lemperle, Eggestein(?), Gencoglu, Anton Kade

CF) Nmecha, Serra, David Otto, Florian Kruger, Arp, Max Beier, Borkowski, Woltemade, Gedikli, Wollschlager, Moukoko, Mekoma

LW) Yeboah, OBM , Burkardt, Ibrahimi, Lasse Gunther, Kabadayi

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not a bad list but still plenty of left out players, like A LOT.

And in the end that is my point about senior NT, if every player you listed or even vast majority pans out than Germany got nothing to fear. As that list outside of Havertz doesn't include a single current senior NT player. And we still don't know the full extent of the 04 age group as well, will just inflate the list even more.

I think that some strikers can also play Wing well enough is not a bad thing since they will at least know how to score and have a more striker mentality about them while playing winger.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Henrichs too other than Havertz

But Klostermann n Kehrer (can play some RB) are only a year older

Arne Maier was pretty close to NT according to sources. But he got injured afterwards, still a very good prospect

I don’t know who I left out but I think the others are not like those top prospects. Do u mean Cyrill Akono? I think Max Breunig is better actually

I think the others will take longer and more uncertainties

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Henrichs hasn't made the seniors in ages. His issues at Monaco never helped him and then Low found Schulz and Halstenberg so he just went down down the pecking order. Since he can play like Vagnoman both sides

yeah, Maier was very close of getting a call up. Although he might not have played, M.Eggestein got calls ups and still no debut.

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn’t like what I see from Akono yet. Some goals here and there but no hold-up n technically very average , no one-on-one n pressing .

Breunig is special in some areas

MAx Breier plays like a modern striker more than Asllani. Better one on one ability n fluidity in the system

I still hope Borkowski can do well tho. Love him most among all the 02 strikers for now. Said that many times, Borkowski is a complete package

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Ibrahimi is an interesting prospect if he can just improve his finishing. Although he's involved in a lot more than goals/assists as he's usually heavily involved in build up play.

An Italian scouting report.........yes Italian, lol.
    Technical and tactical characteristics
    Mehmet Ibrahimi is a powerful winger, endowed with a remarkable acceleration ball and chain, but above all in possession of a good basic technique. The ball, even at full speed, often remains "stuck" at his feet.

When it starts progressively it tends, of course, to centralize itself to go to the shooting with its strong foot, the right one.

At youth level he has shown he can make a difference at any time, relying on good physicality combined with a strong dribbling ability. Ibrahimi knows how to be decisive both in the assistance phase and in the finalization phase.

Elegant in his movements, stylistically very beautiful to look at, it is a player who plays at high intensity, making continuous shots and powerful accelerations, the main peculiarities of his style of play.

He has good ballistic abilities, a quality that makes it very formidable from a medium-long distance.

Ibrahimi is undoubtedly a very difficult player to mark; his winning mix of physical and technical strength is not within the reach of many of his opponents, which is why he was employed under age.

As already mentioned, Mehmet already has a decent physical structure (considering the age) and, probably, when it comes to the first team, it could already have reached 180 cm.

He has a strong personality, in the advanced department of Germany Under 16 (with which he has a score of 2 goals in 6 appearances), he is undoubtedly the player with the greatest leadership qualities.

Tactically his role is that of a left wing of a 4-3-3 or external offensive left-handed of a 4-2-3-1.

Final analysis
    Strengths: Physicality, ball and chain progression, speed, technique, dribbling, ballistic skills, assists, personality, ball control, power.
    Weaknesses: Must improve with the left and in the defensive phase.

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ibrahimi is very good

He is around 178cm now

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RL
    Malone X2 (2 goals in 1 game this season. So far Malone is at 6 goals in 6 games in RL Bayern. Really does seem like he's playing below his level in RL), Nieland (1 goal in 1 game), Keitel (1st)

Let's go Nieland and Malone get 1st team chances this season!!!

do you believe that Nagelsmann/RB Leipzig would promote him in future? Basically do you see him as a 1st team prospect? Last season he was the only 03 XI at the RB Leipzig U17. There is a reason why he played above his age group and started like every game, was influential.

out of curiosity, his duality is Turkish right?

its about time RB Leipzig does something with their youth they have interesting players in U19, U17 and lower levels.