Review: Audi Field Experiences and Updates thread.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jul 12, 2018.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, then ....... [​IMG]

I will be down at the stadium Wednesday afternoon to meet my rep to pick up my season tickets - hopefully parking is as readily available as I've been told :) It will be nice to actually know what my ticket rep looks like this season. Assuming he' still around later in the season, they seem to plow thru ticket folks.

Don't ask for pictures, I'll just have my not-smart phone :)

Winoman repped this.
  2. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    #2252 PSURoss, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Wait, you're picking up tickets? Didn't think they did that ....

Matter of fact, I don't recall getting an STM gift ... What's with that? I got a jacket this season for my share of Caps tix and the primary on our account got a mutha-fukin Stanley Cup Ring when we renewed.

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year I was supposed to pick up my season tix at the box office opening day but they only had the first game so they mailed me the rest. This year they refuse to mail them (which is fine) and gave me the option of picking them up from the box office any day this week or opening day (box office opens at 10 - and if it's anything like last year, the world's biggest cluster-******** will start at 10:15, but in fairness I think it'll be better than last year) - or I could actually schedule a time to meet with my rep and get my tickets in person, so I chose that option and will brave afternoon DC traffic on Wed.

Weren't they really late (and lame) on the STH gift last year as well?

4. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    This was pretty much my experience as well. Last year I picked up the first game ticket and had the others mailed to me. Last week I received an email from someone I'd never heard of. He gave me two options to get my tickets: either pick them up at the box office before the first game or schedule an appointment with him to get them this week at AF. I told him the second option really didn't work for me as it is a 3+ hour trip from my house to AF and required a lot more effort than putting the tickets in an envelope and dropping them off in the outgoing mail. As I said I don't know who this fellow is. Maybe I got a new rep and no one told me.

I don't think we're getting a STM gift this year.

asitis

5. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I don’t remember when it came, but it was lame. The scarves are still in the plastic wrap. The fake ticket is in an envelope with all my old ticket stubs. I’d intended on saving them up for some time and making some kind of poster. I’ve got tons of game tickets, Super Bowls, Rose and Orange Bowls, World Cup 94 tix, but it seems that the days of nice tickets are pretty much done sadly and I have to imagine so are STM gifts as we are just STHs now.

6. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Audi field box(not the contents) was pretty cool last year.

sitruc repped this.
  7. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Totally cool. My son keeps his soccer cards in it.

Winoman repped this.
  8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, the box was much nicer than what was in it, but the box was fairly limited for storage for its size and didn't take well to a lot of opening and closing, although cute with its little drawer. I get more use out of a few older STH boxes, some full of tickets and field passes and NASCAR programs, some full of scarves. 2002 was a good box year :)

sitruc, Winoman and asitis repped this.
  9. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Funny, I feel like an echo, but I too keep my past years' tickets in one of the STH boxes, each year in a separate envelope and arranged chronologically. I haven't put last year's tickets away as the box is full. What to do?
    It does make me sad that something as simple as saving tickets will soon no longer be possible. I guess I ought to be grateful that the club is willing to accommodate this old man, for a while, at least.
    All we really take with us are our memories.

asitis

sitruc, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  10. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Mine are the same except in sealed plastic baggies.

sitruc, Winoman and asitis repped this.
  11. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    fortunately last year they sent me two boxes - mine, and one for someone else. I wonder if this year they will give a replica ticket for EACH ticket on the account instead of just one ticket for the entire account?

Unfortunately, even with the extra box I still have too many tickets dating back to 96 to contain them all.

(I know, another thread for this year has been started....)

Winoman repped this.
  12. Sang_Culé

Sang_Culé Member

Jan 23, 2015
    DMV
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, looks like the opening will under the rain

13. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a 2019 AF thread now.

14. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    Thanks for providing the link!

15. Etch10

Etch10 Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Hadn't really followed things too closely since the playoffs. Showed up and expected the roof to be finished, having thought that the lack of completion had to do with the construction crunch last year and that it would be done in the offseason. Silly me; got drenched in my season ticket seats for much of the first half until we moved.

I mean, is the next section of roof going to be coated with Corinthian leather or something? Was it really that cost prohibitive and a place worth skimping? Unreal.

sitruc, ejs1111, asitis and 3 others repped this.
  16. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pinned at the top of the forum, so it's ALWAYS listed ahead of this thread. I shouldn't have to provide a link.

17. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly solar panels, which I'm told are more expensive and rain proof than Corinthian leather.

Winoman repped this.
  18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The panels are supposed to go on the leaky existing covered portion of the canopies.

19. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    They will probably drill holes to install the panels... holes that will leak.

dadman, ejs1111, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  20. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Water, steel superstructure, 20,000 fans and electricity. What could go wrong?

asitis, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  21. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    That's OK, there already are leaks, so no one will notice the new ones.

dadman, ejs1111, PSURoss and 3 others repped this.
  22. Dpuneil

Dpuneil New Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Mar 11, 2019
    https://m.biddingforgood.com/auctions/341691125/items/341798678

Not exactly on point. A charity auction I organIzed secured four lower level tickets to any DC United home game this season. Currently priced at very strong value.

Please consider logging on and bidding to support a great cause (programs at a Chicago public school) and get great tickets for your team.

Thank you!

23. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    those 4 tickets, listed with a value of $250, sold for $93 at auction. thats a hell of a deal.

I sure hope there wasn't a miscommunication about what "lower level" and "$250 value" means....if they sold 4 field level or club seats for $93 then, well, all I can say is dayum - wish I had seen that post much earlier!