Review: Audi Field Experiences and Updates thread.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jul 12, 2018.

1. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Another issue started to arise this last match, was behind the north side Apex and CSC are not happy about being 3 deep plus on the ground level at the bottom of the stands. With the stands going all the way to the boards, its creating an issue, and with ALOT of non SGs in that section, getting them to understand and listen to the leaders has been an issue. I can forsee if this continues, a railing in the front to prevent this. I hope its not the case, It looks good to have folks all the way to the boards.

sitruc repped this.
  2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Apex, they're goons.

sitruc and dcchelseafc repped this.
  3. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this stadium is much more attractive to first-timers and casual fans. The bar scene and the music being played pre-game make it fun to come and grab a drink or two before kickoff, rather than showing up just in time to grab a beer from a vendor and going straight to your seat. This stadium is a great vehicle for expanding the team's fanbase. The number of people who are likely to check out a game in a nice, new, clean stadium is much higher versus the demographic willing to give RFK a try.

I know there has been grumbling about the location from some people, but the stadium is a short walk from the restaurants and bars along the Anacostia in the Navy Yard area. That gives people a lot more options when it comes to getting a bite to eat than was available at RFK.

ejs1111 repped this.
  4. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    they need an Uber/Lyft coral ASAP. nights we dont have the shuttle bus, I have had to walk all the way back to the metro to not get charged an insane amount, or wait for 30+ minutes.

Potowmack repped this.
  5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    walking back to our car along Potomac/First, we have been amused (except for the time we were nearly run over) by folks looking for empty space to get an Uber to stop for them

6. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    When do they do this and how do you know without going there? I have used 2nd street every time, and suspect the other gate would be a lot faster. But we ventured to drive there once, and it didn't work (and if you try and fail, it'll cost you some time).

7. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    LAFC has an AMAZING Uber/Lyft waiting area. We all know the approx. time the match will end, no reason not to have like 100 waiting there, or an easy ingress/egress area

8. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    I want a shit ton of bird scooters.

9. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Really looking forward to personally checking out AF this weekend.

D C B 2 3, dadman, ejs1111 and 4 others repped this.
  10. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't feel bad, you're 100% correct here. If you're a big enough fan to come to a game in an opposing stadium and wear the away colors, you are (or should be) aware of the fact that supporters groups exist and you shouldn't be an away fan in there.

dadman, Winoman and EdTheRed repped this.
  11. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    $30 gets a ticket, a beer and a $10 concession credit according to what the team just tweeted.

sitruc repped this.
  12. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beer or concession credit.

13. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think this would undercut us selling our tickets, but we sold our 4 tickets in section 125 for $55 each. We buy them for $40.

14. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may not fit here, but Sunday's FS1 telecast team with be all-female, for the first time. Lisa Byington will do play-by-play, with Danielle Slaton (once with the WNT) as analyst, and another woman on the sideline.

dadman, roadkit, ejs1111 and 4 others repped this.
  15. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    this is bad though, already too many deals for cheaper tickets.

sitruc repped this.
  16. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Link

For a limited time, fans can purchase a ticket and beer credit for Sunday's match versus the New England Revolution for one discounted price! For only $29, receive one ticket to Sunday's match, plus a 16 oz. Heineken, Heineken Light, or $10 credit toward any stadium concession stand. Use promo code "HEINEKEN" to buy.

sitruc repped this.
  17. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better than an empty seat I suppose.

Get them in the building and hope that the play on the field keeps them coming back.

18. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    I ment, pissing us STH off since well, we paid and dont get a free beer, so goes back to why get ST then if you can get them cheaper through another avenue.

D C B 2 3, Winoman, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  19. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And the way we are treated like 4th class citizens????

dcchelseafc repped this.
  20. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like my seats, and I don't want to be at mercy of the team's marketing department or the secondary market. Plus, I go to the game with two other guys, so having to coordinate to get 3 tickets for every game would be a PITA.

There are plenty of reasons why people buy season tickets. The occasional deal on tickets doesn't really negate those reasons.

Now you're just being a drama queen.

dadman, EdTheRed, griffin1108 and 4 others repped this.
  21. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The math says that you aren't getting them cheaper.

The last chart I found says that STM seats in 135 are $20/match. This deal is selling seats in 135 for $29/match. The "Free" beer cost whoever buys that deal $9. Even on the south stand tickets are still cheaper than this deal ($29 vs 25, so $4 for the free beer)

I don't see why that would piss you off.

22. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With this many games back to back in August (when so many people leave town), I'm not totally surprised, although it's mildly disappointing. But remember how bad the team was up until a month or two ago.
    On Wednesday it *seemed* about 15k-16k were there. I know all the stuff about tickets distributed vs. actual attendance etc... but that's my estimation based on what I saw from my seat plus knowing how many people are at the Heineken bar or were on the concourses.

23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So can I just walk up to the Heineken bar at any time? They don't do a really good job at letting people know where they can and can't go so I've only walked around the bottom.

24. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, you can watch the whole game from there, if you'd like. The view's pretty good if you can get one of the chairs by the railing. I've only been to the bar on the roof so far, though. There's one at ground level as well.

Winoman, ejs1111 and fatbastard repped this.
  25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Nobody has bought me beer. Just saying.

dadman, PSURoss, fatbastard and 3 others repped this.