Review: Audi Field Experiences and Updates thread.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Terpitude

Terpitude Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

dadman, Winoman, DCUSKINS and 5 others repped this.
  2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Like I said, but you didn't seem to comprehend, to each his own. But hopefully, just for you next WC maybe they'll do a separate channel of just the crowd.

3. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    #Pyramid Scheme

asitis

Falc repped this.
  4. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's called "buying in," and it happens with every single business that adds a new investor.

It would only be a pyramid scheme if there was some sort of fraud going on, and of course there's no indication of any of that here.

tallguy, Tywin Lannister and sitruc repped this.
  5. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    #355 asitis, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    I should have put a smiley face or something in my post.
    And not all pyramid schemes are illegal. Just look at Herbalife. :D It's now a "multi level marketing company."

asitis

dadman, Adler, Q*bert Jones III and 3 others repped this.
  6. Abner Ravenwood

Jul 21, 2004
    Last seen in Nepal
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where do you stand on the Flat Earth theory and the moon landing?

sitruc, DCUSKINS, ejs1111 and 3 others repped this.
  7. Dizi

Dizi Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't ask

8. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. It's interesting how the STM perks have dwindled over the years to now NOTHING. Hell, you don't even get the 1st game at Audit Ticket memento.

PSURoss, Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  9. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe

The FACT that they extrapolate out when they hit a stopping point invalidates the entire field of "Climate Science."

No matter what anyone else post regarding this subject I am done talking about it. This is a DC United, not a political forum.

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Earth is not flat and the US/NASA did land on the moon.

ejs1111, Dizi and Abner Ravenwood repped this.
  11. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then it must've been a real abomination, LOL

Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  12. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were MLS teams best thought of as businesses, yeah this might be a valid critique. But I'd say they're better understood as consumption items for incredibly rich individuals.

And then there's SUM. MLS TV rights might not be that much yet, but having a monopoly on other soccer broadcast rights in the USA is apparently pretty valuable . . .

Winoman repped this.
  13. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    #363 NicktheGreek, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    I'm sure it will be for sale at the store as soon as the misspelled ODDY FEELED is corrected in v2.0. Home grown interns apparently

14. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Just as an illustration of how a very successful club (RMA) pulls in the euros (rounded to whole millions)

Commercial Broadcast Matchday Season
    151 159 129 09/10
    177 184 123 10/11
    187 199 126 11/12
    212 188 119 12/13
    232 201 114 13/14
    247 200 130 14/15
    263 228 129 15/16
    301 237 136 16/17
    Revenue in each category wasn't defined but common sense would indicate that Butts in seats is the tail end Jose, and commercial sales of trademarked items (maybe even player transfer fees) rules the roost

15. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was. It had a trout jumping out of the chest of the original. Now nobody can find a photo of the original.

dadman, greatscott and sitruc repped this.
  16. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I hear you. This stuff all depends on the owner or owners. I've seen Ted Leonisis out in the lobby glad handing & thanking the fans too many too many times to believe that all owners are alike.

NicktheGreek and Winoman repped this.
  17. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    A couple in my row at Verizon Center gave up on the Caps this year because of the dwindling STM support. Including ticket opportunities going to people off the street rather than current STH. Less perceived benefits/events. They were long time fans. Pretty sure they didn’t get playoff tickets this season, either.

Thx,

Jay!

sitruc repped this.
  18. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Thats odd, because my cousin and my best friend have 400 level and club level STMs and they're both really happy with the opportunity to attend practices, meet players, get pics for their kids, get things signed, use their points for Caps experiences, etc. I don't know about how easy it is to get tickets with their points, but Caps STMs don't have to trade in seats to get points, they just cash in points, so its really a "free" benefit based on their spend, so expecting tickets seems like an out sized expectation IMO. That said with the Caps inability to get people to come much before Thanksgiving, there should have been a few opps. This year might be the first full house on opening night in forever.

19. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Caps don't have a points rewards program anymore AFAIK.

JayRockers! repped this.
  20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the right thread to note the lack of drainage and the horrible pitch? I hope they have all that mess fixed before Wednesday as they're gonna need serious drainage.
    Before the first game it hadn't rained in a long time so I assume the standing water around all the sprinklers was from attempting to wet the field (not sure why they continue to do this before games). Someone near us said it wasn't all standing water, some was residue from fireworks they had near the sprinklers. The ball died every time it got near a sprinkler head on the west sideline.

The current camera shot shows the field way greener than it was for the first game, that's a good sign (or just a sign that the green paint finally came in).

I also do not like the lack of a way to walk through the stadium and visit with friends (aka pedestrian access) - guess sooner or later the play will get slow enough to go looking around the concourses instead of watching the game so we can see other people.

dadman, Q*bert Jones III, asitis and 2 others repped this.
  21. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    They not only watered before the Vancouver game, they watered *during halftime*...it slowed things way down, but I assume it was done on purpose.

sitruc repped this.
  22. Sang_Culé

Sang_Culé Member

Jan 23, 2015
    DMV
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Orlando had the same issue on the opener

sitruc repped this.
  23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    At RFK, they had the water buffalo go through the pitch after warm ups. Usually it gets water to soften the ground (better traction for cleats) and to speed the ball. But I guess if puddles get created, then it can slow things down instead.

Winoman repped this.
  24. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just thought he was our most recent signing.

[​IMG]

dadman, Falc and Winoman repped this.
  25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I said the same in another thread. It takes them a little while to figure it all out.
    I should probably mention in this thread that the open wi-Fi was still a work in progress on yesterday, but I noticed it was working in a few locations like Gate B.