ATV Cup: Asian Club football [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Excape Goat, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A mini-tournament between 4 asian clubs in HK..... Happy Valley and South China(both HK) vs Anyang LG (Korea) and Dalian Shide(China).

Happy Valley 3-2 Anyang LG

Happy advanced to the Final to meet the winner of South China vs Dalian Shide.

It's now the 60th min. South China is leading 3-0.....

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    so ATV is broadcasting this tourney huh.

what's happening to Dalian?

4. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
  5. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Anyang was testing their U-20 players. Jung Jo-Guk (18) made his debue in this game but didn't go so well. Oh well. It is just a practise torney.

6. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    EG,

Is South China this good now, or is Dalian that bad? Too bad that this tournament takes place now rather than in ten days or so, when I will be in HK!

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    In a match against Happy valley, 4 newly signed players played the match. Ku Kyung Hyeon and Yoon Hyeong Chang, both from the university and Jung Jo- Guk from Dashin High School and Maezono from Tokyo Verdy.

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dalian was fielding a weakened squad. They actually brought alot of young players to HK. An Qi did not play. They played one foeign player who was on trial with the team. I saw it on TV with English commentary. They hardly mentioned the names of Dalian players. Li Ming came in at the second half.

I did not see the Korean game. I noticed a few named players. Lee Young-Pyo scored a goal(I think).

A memorial service took place before the Happy Valley game. Last week, Ralston James who was shot dead at his home in T&T played for Happy Valley a few seasons ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/sow/news/ap/20021216/ap-trinidad-playerkilled.html

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Final: South China 3 -0 Happy Valley.

3rd place: Dalian 2-1 Anyang LG

10. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Anyang definately fielded an understrength, relatively young squad.

As for Dalian, I'm sure they did the same too.

11. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    But why did Anyang field such a team?? It's still an international competition! The main difference between Suwon and Anyang: Suwon still wins international matches with understrengthed squad, while Anyang loses all.

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well, the tournament meant nothing for the two foreign teams.