Attending an IPL match in Dublin - Advice?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by glennaldo_sf, Mar 22, 2015.

1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi,
    I'm planning on doing a spring break trip in Ireland next April .. basically it's a week so planning to do Dublin-Belfast-Gallway triangle with some stops on the way. One thing I always do try and do when I travel is catch a game of footy whenever I travel and Ireland would be no different... looking at the schedule here: http://inform.fai.ie/Statsportal/CompetitionDetails.aspx?compID=14 , looks like I'm going to be in Dublin for two matchday Fridays: April 10 + April 17 and there's a handful of games on in Dublin while I'll be there...

April 10: Bohemian FC vs. Longford Town, St. Patrick's Athletic vs. Cork City
    April 17: Bohemian FC vs. St. Patrick's Athletic, Shamrock Rovers vs. Dundolk

If I'm not mistaken those are the Dublin-based clubs. While the Dublin derby on the 17th looks interesting, I was probably thinking of attending the St. Patrick vs. Cork game on the 10th, as that date is just more doable as I don't know where I'll be by the 17th.

Anyway, I was just hoping to get some advice from anyone who knows football on which game would be best to attend. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Bucky-O'Hare

Bucky-O'Hare Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Derry City
    At the moment I would say Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk followed by St. Pats v Cork are the two best games. Hope you have a good trip.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great thanks - I emailed St. Pats actually and they're going to hold a ticket for me for that game on the 10th... will try and make Shamrock-Dundalk too, but we'll see where I am then...

4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wound up going to the St. Pats vs. Cork City game... wasn't a great match by any means, but loved the intimate atmosphere, and the small stadium in the suburbs, being right there next to the action was great. St. Patrick's were really cool - they made me a guest of honor and gave me a tour behind the scenes of the club.... got to hold the FAI Cup, which St. Patricks won last year I guess.... I tried going to a hurling or gaelic football game but none were on in the places I was at the time.... but if you're going to Ireland, definitely try going to see a Gaelic sport game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really enjoyed Ireland, and damn - it sucks being back in Qatar :(

USvsIRELAND repped this.