Attendance/atmosphere and stadium situation for the FC New York?

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by Elvis Minaya, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'm thinking about going to a game of the new FC New York club. I would like to know more about the stadium atmosphere, food stands, prices and stadium situation as far as field and attendance.

2. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Attendence lately hasn't been all that great 3-400 on a good night.

Atmosphere could really use some help, But I'll admit I personally haven't really tried to get anything going.

Food stands 1 near the main gate selling hot dogs and hot pretzels mostly the other on the opposite end of the main stand has ice cream and drinks. Prices aren't awful on that

Endline seats are $12 ( My seasons cost me 108 for that area)

Belson is a nice little stadium to watch a match.

3. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night's game was interesting, what with all the Antiguans there. Almost 2000 people there.

The PA announcers decided they'd tell us to "make some noise" every 2 minutes. "Donde estan los latinos?" Almost no answer. "Make some noise for this corner kick" "Make some noise for that defense" "Make some noise for Stephen Diaz in goal" So annoying, and it probably looked bad on FSC. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiba la effe ce Nueva York en el tiro de esquinaaaaaaaaaa. Hello? Hello? Hello? Donde estan los fanaticos latinos?" You didn't get an answer the first 57 times, what makes you think that you will the 58th? I guess its better than Rochester turning it into an NBA game with music, but only barely.

As for the game, New York's new possession style is very attractive and it had the Antiguan defense going nuts all game.

4. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I was very impressed with the crowd they drew last night. I think they said somewhere in the neighborhood of 1600. Looked like a pretty accurate number.

LOL on the PA announcers. I'm not one to take shots at young kids trying to rev up the crowd but, the young girls acting as cheerleaders voices sounded like nails across chalkboard a few times last night.. :eek:

I've been really impressed with how the team has progressed since Shaw took over. I'm thinking it's time to make him the permanent coach.

5. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheerleaders? Those were preteen girls running around as if they were at a Justin Bieber concert.

6. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2,000 great crowd, most of the crowd was there to see Antigua play? Or perhaps the weather was the reason for the draw?

Perhaps FCNY will continue to get a good draw but only if they join the "Carribean division".

7. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah the crowd was boosted by a couple of youth club groups. The Antiguans were not a large contingent, just a loud one.

8. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of youth groups, that sounds like the home opener, where there was a good turnout. I assume that youth groups get big discounts for tickets.

The Antiguans (Sp?) were loud, eh? Uh oh. The FO will probably accuse them of stickering the bathroom with Barracuda stickers and ban all of Antigua from games. :rolleyes:

9. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waaaagwaaan refferee? Watchou' affade game we gon' getchu! We rastas!