Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They have been playing that the whole time just getting bullshit PKs

Not sure if the coach is just shitty, needs time or just doesn’t have the right players. They did get rid of a ton of guys and didn’t replace them well

They are awful to watch. Do they still have the coach can only coach 1 team a season? They should steal Cucutas coach. Or should have gone for Suarez. Maybe they can get Osorio. This is the worst Nacional I have ever seen

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I say give it time and they should be alright. Still way to early in the process to go overboard with coaching changes.

But if they don't improve soon they may be eliminated early from the Libertadores. We all know that Leonel will have Libertad prepared and ready to win.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why don’t any Colombian teams give Leonel a shot? Last team I think said he wants too
    Much money.

4. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yesterday was the first game of the year for me at the stadium...

god damn that was awful... I was yawining by the start of the second half. We are not going to reach the group phase if we keep playing like this.

also, the marketing managers for Nacional are stupid. They sent to some people related to Nacional a brick with strict orders not to open it before yesterday's game. Saying, "this will break the Nacional history in two"

they released a new secondary shirt (with homage to Andres Escobar). It was stupid as hell, not because andres Escobar. but giving too much importance to a secondary shirt. that is so millenial.

crzdcolombian and HomietheClown repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I will say that I liked the white uniforms they played in yesterday. I like them better than their current home uniforms actually.

pibe10 and RafaLarios repped this.
  6. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Oh yes they are nice, no question about it. But "will it break Nacional's history in two???" :cautious:o_O:unsure:

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Marketing people are the worst but hey, they tried to ad some poetic buzz.

I was wondering why they were wearing white so thanks for the info.
    I thought initially it was because Autuori wanted them to look more like Sao Paulo. :p

crzdcolombian and RafaLarios repped this.
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They white jersey is very nice but the secondary jersey for Andres is just another way to make money. Unfortunately this is how it goes in today's world. But we have much more things to worry about besides the jersey. Yesterday another draw at home, 1-1 vs. Equidad and once again we couldn't score despite the numbers of good opportunities. The first half was decent with a wonderful goal by Barcos, who was our best player until he had to leave due to an injury.

In the second half Equidad equalized in the 50th minute and despite 3-4 wonderful chances of Omar Duarte, he couldn't score. So basically we have one good striker and two troncos like Rivas and Duarte. How the hell this team is supposed to succeed? The defense was also weak, no coverage in Peralta's goal. Mafla with an idiotic red card in the 70th minute. Damn you idiot managers, who did everything so president Velasquez will leave. Since he left, everything is falling apart with this team. People think that the logo of Nacional will do the job itself, but they don't realize that when you have average players, the shirt doesn't matter.

RafaLarios repped this.
  9. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have only onew good player... well very good player in Barcos. THe rest are just along for the ride.

We played very well until Barcos left, after that, tragedy.

Yesterday we were around 20k at the stadium. With the way this team is playing I don't think that number grows too much in the next months.

pibe10 repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He scored 1 goal off a PK and another one in play. Kind of crazy to call him the only good player so far

Bocanegra and Cuadrado are NT players

Some coaches have done more with less.

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Football it's not just goals you know. He was very active, ran alot, battle for the ball, try to create situations, not just waiting for the ball. We have other good players like Gomez and Rovira who didn't play because coach wants them to play vs. Libertad, Lucumi also didn't play of course, but the rest are very average.

pepinointer and RafaLarios repped this.
  12. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The guy is the best player on the field, with or without goals you know?..

The guy's touch, awareness and quality of play are really good. After he left yesterday we were in shambles. That speaks a lot of his precence on the field.

Did you even see the game?

pepinointer and pibe10 repped this.
  13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm pretty sure he didn't watch.

Anyway, luckily it seems that the injury is not serious and he'll be fit for Thursday. But our lack of goals despite creating a lot of opportunities, is really frustrating.

pepinointer and RafaLarios repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If Nacional gets knocked out do they go to the Sudamericana? I mean I hope this team turns it around but it is really bad

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That Duarte miss was so bad.

RafaLarios and Azucarero repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nacional is very, very fortunate that Martinez on Libertad does not know how to shoot either.
    Should be 2-0 there.

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, it's preliminary. If they won't qualify they won't play internacional this year.

RafaLarios, Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Man. 3 posts...

Some silver lining...this CB Hernandez looks promising.

RafaLarios repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good news is that it is only 1 goal and it should have been more.
    Bad news is this team has trouble scoring 1 goal and Libertad will defend like heck.

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Three posts but did you see Duarte's post? The guy can't score if it'll depends his life. And every game like this (he has three in a row now) makes us the fans much more angry at him. No strikers besides Barcos.

Azucarero repped this.
  21. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Understatement of the year

Yes , he is still a little bit raw and is prone to some rookie mistakes, but I have hope for him.

I am so ********ing mad with him right now. He can run but he doesn't score to save his life.

Too bad he is being paid to score :mad:

pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What about all the U20 players that are Nacional players will they get a shot or basically they are with the NT until the WC?

23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3473 pibe10, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Mier is the only one who never played with the senior squad. In fact, maybe Reyes didn't play also, not sure. Cuesta played under Rueda many games and even was scouted by Ajax as a replacement for Davinson. Under Lillo and Almiron he lost his spot. Goez and Hayen also played few times with the senior. Nacional has talented youth department but the problem is that the team cannot promote youngsters on the success's expense. Teams with so many pressure on them, who are favorites to win titles, first of all think of how to build a successful squad rather than think about the future. This is the reason that many Nacional players who couldn't find themselves in the senior squad, move to another team to look for success. with some of them it worked well like Cantillo, Marrugo, Henry Rojas or Angelo Rodriguez.

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's very good on the ball and seems to be good at picking out passes

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Half time in Medellin, Lucumi's goal gives us the lead and the tie overall. Nacional play much better and I believe we'll get the second goal. Libertad is not in the game.