Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I love Sachi but it's not the right coach to build a successful processes. And right now our squad is much more bothering me than the coach issue.

RafaLarios repped this.
  2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    more rumors: El Pulso del Futbol today mention that the press here in the USA (ESPN and Univision) say that Matias Almeyda is close to signing for Atletico Nacional.

However Londono says he investigated and asked around and they told him Almeyda is someone they like but is way too expensive for the club.

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I herd more reliable source who said that Almeyda rejected us because he wants to wait for national team offers. Diego Rueda said that Nacional already agreed terms with someone, foreign, and they are waiting until he'll signthe papers.

RafaLarios repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Last 2 foriegn coaches did incredibly well.... hopefully 3rd time in a row is a charm :)

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The problem is that I can't think of a decent Cplombian coach that is suitable and available for Nacional beside maybe Leonel.

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jairo "The Old Man" Patiño and Alexis Mendoza are available. Also Jhon Bodmer from Tigres could be a very interesting option, the thing is that Nacional won't give them as much freedom as they will a foreign coach, Nacional directors are taking steps backwards in every aspect.

The success they got just 2 years ago was with a Colombian coach with mostly colombian players formed in the youth teams of Nacional, a very strong core of high level colombian players and a couple of foreign players.

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Patiño still needs to prove himself, I dont think he coached beside llaneros. Mendoza is ok but it looks to me that he still miss something to become a better coach. Interesting options can be either Gamero (always liked him) or even Bodhert of Caldas. Pecoso with his experience could also be interesting and also Leonel. Unlike the NT, for Nacional I do want a local coach but it's hard to succeed in such pressure.

8. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rueda had a lot of detractors even in this forum. What a good coach needs is trust and being able to build the team in the way he sees fit, he should look for the profile of a player and not just buy him because he is cheap, colombian and abroad, or cheap and parcerito of the coach, the business model that Nacional has been using the last two years, way too many agents are making a lot of money thanks to Nacional's new model.

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Still no coach but we already in the Copa Aguila semi final. 0-0 tonight in Barranquilla, another horrible match. Junior was the better side in this series but at the end they didn't score. We clearly had more luck than brain, we cannot continue like this. I said that Herrera should continue until the end of the tournament, well he shouldn't. I didn't see one good single game since he was appointed and it's not like we met Boca and River. The form of the players are very low. The only good in this team is Campuzano who is injured at the moment and Vargas, who shows good form since Herrera made him a regular starter.

Also, tonight after the game there were several of shoving and words between Dayro and Castellani. Something bad is going on there...

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So now it seems that Herrera will remain the coach until the end of the semester and our coach budget will be around 700k dollars. Most probably foreign.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That doesn’t sound like a lot but it’s mlre then Croatia paid their NT coach last year

Or close to it remember reading he is on 600-800k

That’s why I saw it super funny that the Argie coach that was at China’s wanted 2 million that’s more then Pekerman was making!!!

12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nacional pierde contra Huila por 1-0. Háganme el HP favor!!! Ayer Aguilar, un malparido de 25 años, se dejó ganar el cabezazo de un pelao de 17 años y que mide 20 cm menos que el. Si los hinchas siguen esperando un nuevo Escobar con este tronco mediocre de 193 cm están muy equivocados. Está es para la liga moldava.

pibe10 repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha in Nacionals defense Banguera stopped 7 shots.

What I find super funny is Aguilar was rumored to be called the last round of friendlies. He might be good in a euro league if players have 0 idea how to dribble. Dude has 0 agility.

pibe10 repped this.
  14. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That was awful :(o_O

pibe10 repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Please fashion police for this guy....

1042415846033973248 is not a valid tweet id

pibe10 repped this.
  16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was a pathetic match yesterday, just like our form since the beginning of the semester. It's not just the coach, it's everything: form, confidence, players, coach relations between them....We are a sick team and we have to solve the problem, the whole one. Just to appoint a coach won't do. Huila actually cut a 17 straight matches without a win against Nacional. And yes, Aguilar won't become a player who suits Nacional in the near future, problem is that Braghieri isn't better. I would go for Henriquez-Cuesta duo as the best we can offer.

RafaLarios repped this.
  17. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What I am more worried is about the contents of the bottle!

kromekote, pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a lot of colombians don't know how to dress. Its relatively normal.

pepinointer repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    haha, cruel but it's a matter of your environment. I do recall attending many parties back in the 90s where the freaking pointy shoes were in full bloom along with some polyester paisley shirts and flashy pants.... I just refused to wear that stuff .....I payed a brutal price for my inaction, where my Colombian buds left with 2 girls on each arm, I had to look for the 24hr Diner for my lonely meals.

pepinointer repped this.
  20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that wasn't relativelly normal.. that was attrocious... just because it is an expensive brand you don't have to wear it all the time.. or at all.

pepinointer repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @Baal88 did you see the goal of Chico? I'm still trying to search for Felipe Aguilar... :mad::mad:

Baal88 and RafaLarios repped this.
  22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And he's an international player. GTFO. Useless, gentle and soft. He should be a kindergarten caretaker and not a defender.

kromekote and pepinointer repped this.
  23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As we speak, another int'l player like Machado lost the ball and Aguilar can't get Diego Messi Valdes who scored his second gol...hijos de mil putas...[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    se le salio el paisa al pibe jajaja

RafaLarios and pibe10 repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LOL....it drives me crazy when the whole world see something that obvious besides the people in charge...just like Reyes. Just lime Hernan Dario Herrera.

pepinointer repped this.