Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because they think that Speed is equal to quality........just look charas case.

Even in mexico carrolocos failed........this is the paradise for those type of players

Azucarero repped this.
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zuñiga played 60 minutes vs Cali, had a decent game considering that he didn't play above a year. He played as a RM and not a RB, this way he didn't have to worry about his shape. I hope he'll continue to improve, he surely can contribute to us.

Nacional won 2-0 in Palmaseca after 8 years (doblete de Gustavo Torres) and 99% secured the first place.

RafaLarios repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So I guess Zuniga is ready for Russia ;)

RafaLarios and pibe10 repped this.
  4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just to see Neymar's face when he'll see Zuñiga's name on the list I'm willing to bring him to Russia. [emoji23][emoji23]

Furnaccio and crzdcolombian repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Final 8 is most likely Brazil or Germany!! So maybe not the worst idea

Tho with like 6 games left that might be too soon. Who is 2nd string RB? Medina? I’d take a 5 game form Zuniga over Super Saiyan god mode Medina

But the RB spot looks like it will be a rotational player. Cristian Zapata or Lerma if Arias gets carded

6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Going to be a hell of a series vs Cali. I would prefer to meet other teams but oh well.... We are the favorites and I hope we'll go through. Nacional complete an amazing 33 run without a loss at home plus we did 27 points out of 27 without concede a single goal. Very impressive.

RafaLarios repped this.
  7. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we have the upper hand ... but nothing has been won yet. We need to keep our home advantage and win or tie at Cali. Even a one goal loss would not bother me that much.

pibe10 repped this.
  8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is in loan at Nacional, of course he'll return. He can return right now, he barely contributes.

10. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is a tronco...

really.. ugh.. i always pray for dayro to not get injured.. otherwise we are hosed

11. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watching this game is like watching paint dry

pibe10 and RafaLarios repped this.
  12. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Embarrassing performance today... What a putrid game. Nacional doesn't have any ideas, once they reach the área they pass backwards EVERY ********ING TIME :mad:

Macnelly was horrible and the full team lacked any Desire to to score at all. I really pray for Dayron and his liver because no one else couldn't even score in a free brothel.

We are one of the worst first place teams.. I don't think we will reach far in the second phase if we keep doing the same ********ing thing every game...

Most people at the stadium was bored out of their mind... The rest was angry like myself.

13. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And some times that is more exciting...
    [​IMG]

crzdcolombian and pibe10 repped this.
  14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    While I agree with both of you, we also have to remember that the team didn't put much effort since thy knew that a draw would be enough for first place. I don't justify it but if we needed to win, we would do it. Luckily the second phase is a draw and not according our group stage performance. But it was definitely our worst match of the season so far.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can’t nacional make reinforcements?

Becauae the next games are during the off season and the transfer window?

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    that's "small team" thinking if what you're saying is the case. You guys have some awful players and a shakier defense than I presumed, starting with Heilbelton Palacios who you guys should be to disappointed can be starting in your team. He offers nothing defensively or in offense. Horrible player. Alexis henriquez always plays his own game trying to always make the complicated pass to a forward as opposed to transitioning the ball to a midfielder and doing his job as CB. Mafla is another carro loco with no bite in his attack. This team shows very little cohesion. Only saving grace is that out of 4 teams, this is the only one that is at least showing face for Colombia. Unfortunately I think you'll be paired against one of the stronger 2nd place teams (Arg/Braz) which will really challenge this team. Good luck.

RafaLarios repped this.
  17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm sorry I don't agree. It's very natural when things like this happen and it happened to better teams than Nacional. How the hell Millos won in Brazil? Same thing. We played bad even though we were in control but the ball didn't enter. It's not the 2016 team but I do have faith in Almiron. With a good draw, this team can reach far.

18. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I do agree with most of what you said. That same mentality gave us losses with Delfin (ugh) and Bolivar (missed Penalty what da fack).. We have no teeth and we should be thankful we got one of the weaker groups in this competition. And even then we were not domminant.

I agree about Palacios and Mafla but I disagree with Henriquez. At least he tried to move the ball forward. Otherwise everyone was making the 3 meter passes that don't go anywhere and bored even the feral cat that was around Oriental before the game (that was the most entertaining thing about last night. I wish I had a picture of that kitty).

I'm pretty sure that our next pairing will be a real test, but I'm not sure we are ready for it. At least we need 2 more quality strikers/wingers. And we need to replace Macnelly before it is too late. Dude was abysmal last night. Also Aldo is not getting any younger.

kromekote repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Yeah, this Nacional squad has some very "mature" players on the roster. Henriquez is no spring chicken either. Best thing that can happen is this 3 month break to recharge and have Almiron put some structure and revamp.

RafaLarios repped this.
  20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We play like shit.. really.

God damn.. There is nothing, nothing good about this game...

Final score... 0-0... And not a good one... Both goalies could have slept and nothing could have happened.

Thank God I'm drunk so at least the night is not ruined.

pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ESPN says Nacional goalie saved 4 shots and Huila saved 2...

4 Saves doesnt sound so boring.

Huila just doesnt have anyone up front. Wonder if it will go to PKs if Huila can pull it off. I obviously dont want them to be Champions as they will get laughed out of next years Copa Lib..... we have a sad enough time with the historic team being shit in those cups

22. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Those saves are nothing youyshould write your mother about. Huila doesn't have Anyone upfront.. But we only have Dayro ....

I swear I could put my dead grandmother instead of Lenis, Lucumi or Mafla and you shouldn't remember their absence.

pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man you crack me up with your description lol... But you are right, I barely saw Monetti, I don't know on which 4 saves ESPN is talking about. This was the exact performance as Thursday, only this time we needed to win but we couldn't even create chances. We are the favorites to qualify and I believe we will, but ni matter how this tournament will end, we have two major issues: To solve Dayro's situation and to add another 2-3 wingers / forwards. Lenis, Torres and Lucumi are not good enough for international level at the moment.

RafaLarios repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So bad coaching? Or crap players this season?

25. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think it is mostly bad hirings/players... But the coach has not show any capability to adapt

pepinointer repped this.