Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The guy one single game in one year!!! Wtf?!?!

2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2752 Baal88, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    You know, what pisses me off is the fact that Blanco isn't exactly a crack right? But Elustondo doesn't surpass him in anything. Sure, he can Play as a center back and as defensive midfielder, but he isn't technically impressive nor is he physically imposing. The only thing That he has going for him is his apparent experience in Spain and that he is Spanish.

The only reason he played in Athletic Bilbao was because they have a very short market due to their polítics of only playing basque or formed in Euskadi players.

He Will probably make around 700.000 dollars or so. That's the reason you must negotiate very well with this foreign coaches. The main objective should always be promoting the talent of the youth teams and if they're bringing foreign players they should be real difference makers, not players that aren't better than what you have.

pibe10 repped this.
  3. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What a stupid signing if true

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's true, Botero confirmed.

@Baal88 I heard that he didn't want Blanco because they had problems when he was in Millos but I don't know if it's true. Unbelievable how you can ruin a successful team in five minutes.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Remember when Osorio went to Brazil they told him no Colombians Haha:)

Look Nacional needed to sell and reinforce their youth teams. They should have gotten that Castro guy who is a total dick but does miracles with youth players. Or got Mendoza from Ecuador who is the closet coach when it comes to Rueda. Regardless of who came no one was going to win the league, Copa sudamericana and Copa Lib in a 1 year period

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Since millos , Lillo didnt like Blanco because his style.........he didnt used.

He is rocky player and i dont think he is a big loss for neither team...but in this case i think the spaniard isnt a good replacement.

in his defense Blanco wasnt succesful in moldavian football...so we cant judge the spanish because he wasnt succesusfull

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't like Blanco either when he started to play in Nacional. But I also can't ignore his improvement in the last weeks, especially when Bernal left and Uribe is about to leave. And like you say, the Spaniard isn't good enough.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What is the last Foriegn player that did well for Nacional from a major soccer country? Haven't all the Paraguayan, Uruguayan, Brazilian and Argies failed? Other then Pezzutti and Armani?

9. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Probably Sergio Galván

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I must say that so far I'm impressed with Gustavo Torres. He lacks of definition, but the kid has football. He gets the credit from Lillo and I like it. It seems that Lillo has his 11 until Mac will return, with Nieto-Aldo in the middle, Rodin-Gustavo in the flanks and Dayro as a CF.

The team presented their signings yesterday, confirmed Elustondo, Andres Renteria (good signing), Torres, Raul Loaiza and Cristian Mafla. Still waiting to close the deal of two major talented players like Jeison Lucumi and Venezulan U-20 star, Ronaldo Lucena. If we'll do it, I'll be much more relax for this tournament.

HomietheClown repped this.
  11. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I liked Mafla in the game against Tolima..

but the quality of play of the team is horrible.. it's a pain to watch

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree that we don't look good so far and barely score, but I give Lillo the benefit that the team still needs to learn him and the fact that we have new players. But now with the new reinforcements, I want to believe that it'll be better.

Andres Sarmiento scored a debut goal vs. Huila and we are on our way to the Copa Aguila QF.

RafaLarios repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  14. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Today Wil ve our first real test un the season. I dear that we will be defeated badly :(

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I gamble on a draw. I do worry though that Lillo said that his difficult test so far was vs. Huila...

16. netsfan549

netsfan549 Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Does anyone know how can I buy tickets for supporter section when they come to play at RBA?

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2767 pibe10, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    We played well, we deserved a draw. The only problem was our defense. we cannot play three in the back with wing-backs like Bocanegra and Velasco and Cuesta also was horrible. Junior also had trouble in defense but the difference was Viera who saved several shots or lack of concentration like Bocanegra and Renteria (I literally wanted to kill him). Now Lillo will have to try the new players into his system, they have time until December to adjust and to save Lillo's ass because so far it doesn't look so good. Btw, our huge mistake was not signing Yimmy Chara. We should put the god damn money on him, but no, we wanted only to loan. He cost $4.5M while if we want to buy Andres Renteria, we'll have to pay $4M. After seeing both of them yesterday, Yimmy is a catch. Worth a lot more then $4.5M.

My regular lineup once everyone will ready to play:

--------------------------Armani-------------------------

Bocanegra-------Aguilar----Henriquez-------Mafla

----------------Valencia-----Elustondo---------------

G. Torres----------Macnelly----------------Lucumi

-----------------------Dayro-----------------------------

18. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Disagree... We had our chances but mostrar of the time we looked Lost. There Is no coherence in our play. That Is the hand of the manager

19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Our game isn't good, I agree. But specifically for yesterday, I didn't see Junior play better. I see two good teams with vulnerable defense. They scored their chances and we didn't. You cannot say that we didn't create chances or didn't have chances. We had and several good ones but we missed. A draw would be a right result for yesterday. As for Lillo, I don't like him as well but we'll be able to judge him only at the end of the tournament. Osorio started the same way, I wanted him to leave for the entire first tournament and at the end we saw what happened... Give him time. But yes, so far it doesn't look good.

20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't Say we didn't have chances.. we had, but overall de didn't play Well (altough I thought de we're Going to be demolished before the game).

I do think Junior played a more organized, and a more coherent game, and without too many errors (we had plenty). Sometimes our play Is a lot of Long balls and see what Dayro can do. There Is not good transition from the midfield either. Our defence was bad yesterday.. really bad.. the first goal was attrocious from a defence perspective. Teo was too loose and no one challenged him on the play.

I do think that we need to give the coach more time, I am not a fan of sacking coaches early in the season, but so far it has not Been a good season for him.

pibe10 repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    think Chara has really no resale value unless he goes back to Mexico. Renteria if he does well then they can sell him to Europe for big bucks tho I doubt Nacional will drop 4 million on a player. That amount will def be negotiated down. Kid did not have a good experience in Mexico for his price to be anywhere near that high. Nacional sold Marlos Moreno for 5.5 million no way in hell they pay 4 million for a player.

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Wish I was in the area. I would go.

As for beer, watch out. Mexican fans love throwing beer for some reason. Especially Chivas fans.

Furnaccio repped this.
  24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i saw Mexico-Brazil in the 2014 World Cup in Fortaleza. I saw these two guys dressed up in aztec warrior outfits chugging down a bottle of tequila before the game. it was probably 90 degrees that day. i got drunk just watching them chug the tequlia from the bottle

RafaLarios repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's just keep getting worse. A draw at home vs. La Equidad 1-1 in a very boring game. Even the goal of Ruiz was a PK. Mac, Lucumi and Andres Renteria started on the bench for some reason and enter to the game around minute 60. Elustondo had a really really bad debut, it seems that Lillo himself don't know how to handle the team. 5 goals in 6 matches, I don't remember when our team was such clueless on the field. If it'll continue, I'm not sure that Lillo will finish the semester.