Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rumors link us with Tolima's players, Santiago Montoya and Albornoz. Both of them are pretty decent players but again, non of them is good enough for the Copa Libertadores in case we will qualify.
    Tonight the crucial 2nd match vs. Millonarios, I'd be settle with a small 1-0 victory and another final appearance ;)

RafaLarios repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Montoya to replace Macnelly that might go back to Chile for 2 million(Nacional want 3)

Other dude I heard Udinese want him and he doesn't go to Italy he will go to Nacional.

Nacional needs to get a way younger roster and a deeper roster. The one this season is shit.

Defense is fine but MF up def not good enough to be the allstar team of the league like the one that won Copa Lib was.

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So we are in the final once again, 7th final in Rueda's era (two years). Amazing! This time it was much difficult, Millos was a very tough rival but I think that eventually the better team advanced. It's going to be a hell of a series vs. Cali, I hope we'll win. We worked so hard this semester, I hope that it'll pay off with another title.

Matches will be played tomorrow in Cali (7 PM) and on Sunday in Medellin (7 PM).

@RafaLarios #TodosPorLa16

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For the Nacional fans how do you guys feel about people saying you guys cheat or the league is made for you to win?

For me personally I think they are just the best run team in Colombia. Junior had a shot to be great but fired Alexis Mendoza because the owner was bullshitting fans and he called him out on it. Santa Fe was getting to Nacionals level then fired their coach who won them a international title for a over the hill player. Think Millos is well run as well and has a good coach but they do questionable shit like fire Hernan Torres after he helped them win a title after like 20 years.

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cheat? Where did we cheat? All the cry babies recycling the postobon-machado-dimayor sh#t. In the last two days I hear fans bitching that Dayro's goal was offside (you can see from all angles that it wasn't) and that Millos deserved a penalty (which is true but so is Nacional). Sometimes you enjoy refs mistakes and sometimes it's against you. In this case we qualified fair and square.

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Atlético Nacional comienza su mercado con la compra de dos jugadores de Quindio, Gustavo Torres de 20 años (extremo derecho o delantero, uno de los goleadores de la B) y Jackson Montaño, lateral derecho de 23 años, que tiene una excelente capacidad física.

pibe10 repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is Rueda staying? They are saying Nacional will trade Uribe for Darwin Quintero who is also wanted in the MLS so he probably has high wages but thats insane if its a straight swap because Quintero cost America a shit ton of money. Darwin + Daryo would be a sick attack

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not the Darwin that you remembered

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha what an idiot Duque is. I hate that the striker can fk around in a PK. Glad he missed for being a dbag

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nacional a remar contracorriente. 2-0 en contra sin Henríquez y con un mediocampo muy descompensado.

Cali tuvo su merito, anularon a Macnelly completamente y ante la baja de Bocanegra, el jugador más destacado de Nacional (mateus Uribe) se vio desconectado jugando en el lateral.

pibe10 repped this.
  11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cali could have won by 5-6 goals and close the deal. It was our worst game of the season. It's one thing not to attack but another thing to screw up like this defensively. Armani and luck fairy saved us and kept our chances alive. I'm not saying that we will erase the margen, but Nacional in these levels and at home capable of everything. Hopefully it'll be enough but as for this game, Cali did an excellent job.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nacional just had a shit roster this year. And their team just got way way too old.

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2663 pibe10, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    So how do you explain all the league records we broke??? Come on dude, nonsense

pepinointer repped this.
  14. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This year is turning out to be a huge let down. Stop buying used up players and go back to getting young talent like we had last year.

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are you serious?! Let down?! Yes we failed the Libertadores big time, year after we were crowned as champions! Things like this happen. We broke almost every record in the league and we are one game from being champions. If this is let down to you, what the hell is success?!

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude Rueda gets 130% out of his players but who he has sucks right now. Other then Armani and Daryo. If you making a list of the best players in the league how many other Nacional players would you put down? They are in the final because the league isn't that strong. When you look at Dep calis roster as well. Super weak strikers

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude, I don't care. You know what? Because we are when game from being champions!! How is this failure exactly? Top players in the league or not, we are the best team in Colombia and this is why we are in the final. So again, how exactly is this a failure?!

18. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well this semester. You know what I mean dude. We got knocked out in group stage and are about to lose the league to Cali. Yes that's quite the let down. I know you can't win everything every time but going from winning practically everything to not winning jack shit the NEXT semester that is quite the let down no matter how you look at it. It was mismanagement from the directors and they did not prepare after they sold everyone in the starting eleven. I would understand if it was a smaller team like Junior or Millos but it's Nacional we have the budget to compete every semester.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  19. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this was by far our worst game of the year.. maybe of the past 2-3 years.. what a time to crap the bed. It could have been 5-6 as Pibe said.. what a horrid performance.

I still have a lot of hope for sunday though.

Edit: I do not take anything away from cali. What a great team and they completely dominated us.

pibe10 repped this.
  20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sorry I don't buy it. Since when we became so spoiled that a place in the league final is a let down? The Libertadores was failure I agree but in general? Good semester

21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Excelente partido de Nacional, de momento 3-1. La figura en lo que va, Ibarguen, un gol y una asistencia. Mateus Uribe hoy en el mediocampo muy bien, hizo un golazo.

A Cali le están haciendo falta Orejuela y Benedetti que están suspendidos y para rematar Kevin Balanta tuvo que ser reemplazado por lesión.

Azucarero and pibe10 repped this.
  22. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cali is pulling a Deportivo Casi...

Azucarero and pibe10 repped this.
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They should have started Vargas. Mina has been awful

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow, what a game. This is how champion looks like. With all due respect to Cali who could destroy us in Cali, I think that the title deserves to us, we were the best by far during the whole semester. Que felicidad!!

MiLo4891 and Azucarero repped this.
  25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup. They missed a lot of chances in Cali and Nacional was incredible tonight, Nacional had 8 chances and scored 5. I'd like Rueda to stay in the team, but It seems that he won't continue.

pibe10 repped this.