Atletico Junior Barranquilla

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    GOLAZZZOOO de Aponza. Junior for sure won't lose at the Metropolitano. Besides, I like Gamero, I'm sure that he'll succee there.

2. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    /begin rant

esto de contar doble es uno de mis "pet peeves" … No es que cuente doble sino que el gol de visitante es un criterio de desempate. Si están empatados en goles y en puntos, el gol de visitante vale más que el de local… pero no automáticamente lo hace doble!!!

/end rant

dapip, kromekote and crzdcolombian repped this.
  3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I personally hate the away goals rule... I think it's stupid.

RafaLarios repped this.
  4. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree... There should be another tiebreaker

5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Junior goleó 3-0 a Carabobo en el Jaime Morón. Buen partido en lineas generales con varias de las contrataciones jugando a un gran nivel. Especialmente Aponzá, Ochoa y Estrada. El próximo partido es contra Atletico Tucuman, un equipo bien aguerrido que ayer venció de visitante a El Nacional de Ecuador.

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Toloza was a mess again, I saw the 2nd half. Missed 3 clear opportunities as soon as he came on. Later he sent in the cross that would end up becoming Rangel's goal.

why are Junior not playing at the Metropolitano?

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hahaha but toloza is dangerous

is in reparation

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bad result.... hope this is enough

9. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Bad result!??? You won and avoided an away goal ffs :ROFLMAO:

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They needed to seal the deal in Colombia and kill this team at home. Junior isn't exactly a away team

11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I know but you're playing Tucuman, not Boca Juniors or Palmeiras...

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Didnt they beat Carabobo playing away?:confused:

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I partly agree with crzd. Yes they won and didn't get a goal but Junior in a bad shape and Carabobo is not a standard for nothing. Junior still the favorite but a 2-0 of Tucuman won't shock me. They should have scored at least another one.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The one goal that was scored was a beautiful build up and well executed.
    They have to find a way to sneak a goal in Argentina. That will make things much easier next week.

kromekote repped this.
  15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

you guys make make it sound like there aren't another 11 players on the other side of the field. I watched about half of the match and Junior clearly played their possession style ball while Tucuman was more of that typical "Huracan" type of play--physical and constant pressure...but playing that type of high-line pressure ball at times that can't be had for :90 minutes. But they were there to mostly eek out a 0-0 result.

Let's not forget as well that Tucuman is no 'fortress' either at home, having lost vs El Nacional. Anything can happen but 2-0 would surprise me. Shutting At Junior is no easy feat. Their defense is certainly shaky but have a great GK. Junior is arriving with plenty of time to adjust and even have their Liga game postponed. They've also traveled a lot less than AT and visiting goals would make a difference.... That would be an awful lot of money they would be leaving on the table of they don't move on....

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No one said that it was supposed to be easy, but it wasn't a good result for Junior. period. Junior is a better team on paper and played at home. Physical team or not, Junior should've at least finish it with 2-0 because 1-0 is much more risky. Colombia also played vs. a tough Chilean team in Barranquilla but we also should've won the match and I was disappointed that we didn't do it. No one said that it'll be easy but when you are the favorite (Colombia & Junior were favorites) and you didn't get the results you wanted, it's disappointing.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  17. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Are you both seriously expecting Junior to score more than a goal per match? Have you even seen any of their last continental results!?

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Junior is a good team and in their home (even though playing in Cartagena right now) they can and should win by more then 1 goal, surely a club like Tucuman.

19. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Junior with the way they play in the continental competitions are always only going to win by 1 goal at most. They avoided the away goal and won the game. Far from a bad result, as I said earlier they're playing Tucuman, yet you 2 are here making it sound like they're Boca Juniors or Santos.

You can't even use the Chapecoense loss from last year as an example because they eliminated good clubs and reached the Sudamericana final, where as Tucuman has players who will be playing in Australia or second division Brazil at best. If they do beat Junior in the end they won't be making it any further than that.

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Junior with 0 points out of 9. It seems that Gamero is aiming to the game vs. Tucuman but if e won't wake up, he will miss the league train.

21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why don't they play in Barranquilla?

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they are fixing the stadiums for the nt...........before james said that we lost because the field

pibe10 repped this.
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Said 1-0 wasn't enough.
    Junior is such a shit fking team the owners just don't give 0 fks. Out of this cup and 0 points in the league...... wonder how long
    The coach is going to last wow!!! Why do coaches even bother with this fking club

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

and I end up eating my words.... what a choke job :coffee:

that's now 2 of our most traditional clubs out of play in Copa Libertadores. At least Millos gave it a go and lost in PKs but this is a horrible result for Atl Junior.

pibe10, RafaLarios and pepinointer repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The bad news of Junior that if was a total failure. Junior should have pass and qualify at least for the group stage. But yeasterday it was just a lost. It was a humiliation.
    The good news is that Junior is that now they can concentrate only in the domestic tournaments because they really don't have squad to play the Int'l tournament as well. The started the Liga very bad but now after the elimination, Gamero can still fix things, he has time. He is a good coach and needs to continue.