Atlanta United reports more than 22,000 season tickets sold

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by GaSouthern, Aug 19, 2016.

1. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Blank already stated he would open it up if enough fans showed up.

2. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    down to 1317.
    That is around 70 in around 24 hours. That is a pretty good pace.
    I wish they would announce what they are at. If it was 22k over a month ago I have a hard time believing they aren't over 25k now.

3. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    That means we should sell out season tix in less than 20 business days if that keeps up!

whiteonrice04 repped this.
  4. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    I wonder if they will end up opening more than the ~45k. I know Blank has said if the demand is there they will continue to open up seats.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    There are several lower sections that are suspiciously at zero available seats. And I wouldn't be so sure that a section that says "36" seats available means that there are "36 unsold seats". They could be releasing them in blocks.

6. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    When I ordered my season tickets a couple of months ago the lady said "we have sold out quite a few sections already" so I think the map is accurate.

7. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    #107 whiteonrice04, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    We also understand that they aren't releasing all seats for season tickets. Surely they are holding some back for single game sales. But we are seeing the available seats tick away 4 or so per half hour. I think the map is accurate.

Edit: I think @AndyMead is right. The available count has now gone up to 1349. They must be releasing them in blocks. Now there is no way for us to tell how many they are selling per day. :( It is also possible that due to demand they are starting to open up more that they were planning to use for single game tickets. We know they have done that on a large scale as they were originally planning on not using the 200 section at all.

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sure, but a couple of the "no availability" sections aren't really the ones that tend to sell out first in other similar situations.

the "supporters section" behind the goal has seats, but the two sections either side are unavailable. My guess is that there are seats in reserve.

Most of the corners are unavailable, but those are usually among the last seats to go. One corner section might be being held for away fans, but not all four.

And some of the sideline sections have multiple price points, It wouldn't be out of the realm to stagger the release of seats to encourage the selling of the more expensive seats first.

EDIT:
    Short version: Don't be shocked if that number increases at some point. It's a lot harder to get stragglers to commit if they think they might miss out. Better 1,300 seats available than 13,000.

GaSouthern repped this.
  9. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    Could be.
    Could also be that the corners have sold first because they are cheaper.

10. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
  11. Kev_K

Kev_K Member

Atl Utd
    Mar 21, 2008
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ive been following the count for the past week at 3:00 pm every day looking at the 25 available sections only, and the available tickets hasn't(haven't?) jumped around like others have said. 85 STs have been sold in the past week, with the lowest being 3 in a day (when they announced the short-term move to Bobby-Dodd) and the high being 28 in a day.

1,278 STs remaining as of 3:00PM on 10/10

*edit - section 123 was the only section to go up in seats available from 134 to 143.

12. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    --------------------
    This is a good thing. Too many teams have blown their season by long season opening road trips.
    Atlanta can still schedule road to start, but sprinkling a few in at Bobby Dodd is smart.
    If Dodd seats over 45-50,000, then that is plenty to handle all your committed season ticket holders and plenty of walkups....it should not infringe on the ability to sell more ST's

13. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    It is about the amenities MSB offers compared to BDS. Not quantity of seats.

14. Kev_K

Kev_K Member

Atl Utd
    Mar 21, 2008
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    31 STs sold from 10/10-10/17
    57 STs sold from 10/17-10/24

Section C128 with 40 seats available show as no longer available within the last week and is not included in the above count.

jayd8888 and whiteonrice04 repped this.
  15. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    1,068 Tickets Remain as of 11-3-16 at 10AM

16. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    Atlanta United has announced their plans for making the stadium change up to season ticket holders. This information really should have been ready and presented at the same time as the stadium change announcement, but at least they are doing something.

http://www.atlutd.com/tickets/additional-fm-program-elements-2017

"- All season ticket holders will receive a $20 merchandise credit per season ticket purchased (ie. 4 season tickets purchased = $80 merchandise credit) which will be provided to each Founding Member in the coming weeks.
    - All season ticket holders will receive 2 bonus tickets per season ticket purchased to a single match at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Additional details on how these tickets may be used, section and match will be communicated once the MLS schedule is announced).
    - All season ticket holders will receive an individualized per-game credit for each game held at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Credit information will be communicated through an email message."

GaSouthern repped this.
  17. Kev_K

Kev_K Member

Atl Utd
    Mar 21, 2008
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    65 STs sold from 10/24-10/31
    51 STs sold from 10/31-11/07

18. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me.. Scarves lose their value very quickly after getting multiple a year for a number of years.. I have an entire drawer full of Sounders STH scarves and it isn't a small drawer...

asoc repped this.
  20. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still enjoy getting new Union scarves. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

sitruc repped this.
  21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, you guys have gotten more than one scarf for being a season ticket holder?

(Seriously, Rapids season ticket holder for 8 years, they've given out 1 scarf. They haven't given out a gift for the last couple of years. The couple years before that it was a plastic water bottle and a non-standard sized poster that looked like it had been made in bulk at Kinkos)

sitruc repped this.
  22. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Union give out one ever year. I honestly thought it was a standard thing done by every team.

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    United last gave one out maybe 3 years ago. The packaging wasn't even special two years ago. The last season ticket holder box looked like it was going to have something in it. It didn't.

24. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want a rock!

jayd8888 repped this.
  25. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter