Atlanta United reports more than 22,000 season tickets sold

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by GaSouthern, Aug 19, 2016.

1. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
  2. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
  3. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    #5 whiteonrice04, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    7 months to go (article says 6 months. Is the 2017 season starting in February?)
    No coach signed
    Only a couple players announced
    Kits still not released

Still a lot of items left that could spur lots of more season ticket sales. We still don't know if they have made it through the full 30k deposits list. Based on how the article reads it is unclear but sounds like they haven't made it all the way through to me.
    I think it is safe to say they will have over 25k by kickoff.

4. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GREAT JOB Atlanta. First Orlando, now Atlanta. No way did I think Orlando would do so good and the same goes with Atlanta. Way to prove me wrong, maybe once it's opened up to the general public it could get into the 30's or dear I say 40's. Again great job Atlanta.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys.. Soccer will NEVER work in Atlanta. Why can't you see that?!?!?!?!??!!

SeminoleTom, mls2atl, Bubba1971 and 6 others repped this.
  6. BHTC Mike

BHTC Mike Member+

Apr 12, 2006
    Burlington, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And I'd be surprised if they can't keep selling them after kickoff. With the numbers they're going to draw I think we can be confident that the atmosphere will be great and hook in a whole lot of people who didn't expect to be full time soccer fans.

7. When Saturday Comes

Apr 9, 2012
    Calgary
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This.

Reading the first few pages of the 'Tannewald: Atlanta in at #22' thread is gold!!

jayd8888 and JasonMa repped this.
  8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean like this?

9. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so disappointed in that first page.. So many people that were wrong.

JasonMa repped this.
  10. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They may average more then the Braves? Hmm, that's going to have certain people squirming.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super impressive! Looking forward to next season.

12. SonicDeathMonkey

Atlanta United
    Jun 24, 2008
    Conyers, Ga.
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Braves are averaging 22k this season and are....just.....awful. However, with them moving into their new suburban stadium next year, it will be interesting to see how they compare to AUFC.

SeminoleTom and DynamoEAR repped this.
  13. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Braves have 81+ home games a season.. They aren't worried about United's numbers..

14. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was talking more about the ignorant towards soccer types down there, lol.

15. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I would like to see the breakdown of season tickets by State. How many more season ticket holders do we need in order to move ahead of Seattle?

16. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I think we need about 10k more season tickets to surpass Seattle

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Sounders fan.. Trust me, it won't. It'll be treated like an oddity and then they'll go back to talking about the Falcons, Hawks, Braves, etc.

The day Sigi was fired, the biggest sports radio station in Seattle spent 15 minutes talking about it.. Then an hour or so later spent about 2 minutes telling a person who called in to complain them spending any time talking about exactly how little time they spent on the topic, then they spunoff for about 10 minutes crapping on the soccer fans that called in to complain about how little time the station spent on the Sounders.

18. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I wish radio stations here would talk 15 mins about the Union instead of pretending they don't exist.

JuggleMeBalls and jayd8888 repped this.
  19. Bill63

Bill63 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    For me, the bigger question will be "Do I commit to Year 2?" I have 4 kids and live two hours and change from ATL. The price point for six people to drive, park, and eat repeatedly - in addition to the ticket costs - is going to be high. I'm not super disappointed in our seats, but I'm not nuts about them either as I was too far down the list to find 6 first row seats left in the cheaper sections. The late MB Stadium start works for the kids in school. However, it will be interesting if there will be a market for my tickets when the family can't go. If the seats leave something to be desired, if we are forced to miss a number of games, and if I always eat the full cost of missed games, I'm guessing I'll switch to becoming a flex-pack or walk-up sale. I would be interested in a count of how many season tickets commitments are from people around the state who want to be a part of this first season. I would guess that a number of them are waiting to see if the layout of money, time, and effort will be worth another full season commitment.

Alabama Soccer repped this.
  20. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    That's why I got one ticket. I know that I can't go to every game. But, I want to go to certain match ups. The price is super cheap for one season ticket. You could spend more for one Alabama game, depending on who they are playing that day. If the team does well, Year 2 should be like Year 1. I am still upset that the Club didn't do anything special for the first 5000. The first 5000 were supposed to be the Founders Club.

21. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who gives a shit how many more games they play. There are teams that are averaging high 30's/ low 40's. It would open alot of eyes if a soccer team averages better than a MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM (A big 4 league).

Great Job Atlanta, hopefully you keep adding to your season ticket holders and get crowds in the 40's, 50's or 60's.

22. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    What does this to for their stadium plans? The plan was to have the upper deck sealed off like Vancouver. Is it now possible that this won't be necessary?

23. Bill63

Bill63 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Given that the stadium's soccer design was expressly developed to close off the 300 Level, I would believe they would sell evey last 100 and 200 Level seat before opening up the top. I would think that a packed 100 and 200 Level would be a dream even if they turn a thousand people away. I would take announcing (and showing) true sellouts every time if I could.