Atlanta Jersey/Logo/Name Concepts

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by BigKahuna, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    I really like some of the other similar threads that they've done in other forums. Here's what I've come up with so far for Atlanta. I'm not quite as good with Photoshop as some of these folks so be gentle with critisisms but these turned out ok, I think. Let me know what you think and feel free to give it a shot on your own.

Atlanta Wings SC:
    [​IMG]

Atlanta Generals:
    [​IMG]

Next I'll do Atlanta Terminus FC! :D

2. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Didn't put team names on the jerseys, but I can do that later.

3. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Dont bother with putting it on the front, the league is looking to put the sponsors on the front like every other league in the world next year.

Excellent work by the way. When Atlanta (notice i said when not if) gets an MLS club its name MUST be Terminus. No other city could claim that name and your nickname will be the Terminators. Like DC United you will have instant brand and name recognition leading to numerous international merchandising possibilities.

Wings... flighty, good for an WMLS club if there is ever such a league
    Generals... As in General Lee? Pass, Houston 1836 again...

Terminus is the Atlanta name. Terminus, tough, formidable, historic. Like United.

4. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Very nice work. I especially liked the green design. The blue seemed a bit too Boca-esque for my tastes but you are certainly on the right path.

5. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    BTW...for those unfamiliar, here is the Atlanta flag which features our seal. Hence the Navy and gold concept:

[​IMG]

6. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    I like it too...PM me with ideas for a seal and I'll work on it this week.

7. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn fine job, man! those would definately be the coolest uniforms in the league. I really like the Generals colors, and i really like the symbol for the "wings"...(despite the fact i'm not too high on "wings" but whatever.) hell, i like the whole damn thing.

how did you make those out?

8. Kung Fu Hamster

Kung Fu Hamster New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Philadelphia
    These are nice jerseys, and kudos for using a different color scheme. The green/blue/yellow would really stand out compared to most other MLS teams, and you did a great job of incorporating the adidas template with original touches.

Edit: I just noticed that the white/yellow jersey looks like LA's white/yellow, but what's cool with the vertical stripe on the opposite side is that it sort of evokes a map of the country--LA on the right and Atlanta on the left.

9. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    I noticed that too about LA's away jersey...eh, the logo and colors are the major thing. And yeah, we need a green team in MLS....that or our city colors: Navy and gold.

I made these with Photoshop CS2 :eek:

10. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah well! i thought it would have been free. but i don't think i'm going to pay $649 to design some uniforms in my free time.

11. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Fixed your post :D.

Great work. You'll need to incorporate railroad tracks in somehow with Terminus. A DC United style shirt might work, but crossties over the three stripes would make it look like Lionel track :D.

12. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the Generals away jersey. Nice job!

13. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Atlanta Terminus FC: Atlanta used to be called Terminus, meaning "End of the line," because it was the major railroad hub of the old south and the rail gateway to the west.
    [​IMG]

I REALLY like this one because it looks old southern and is simple, original, unique, and could be very recognizable. I used a railroad crossing sign for the middle.

Thoughts?

14. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything about the last kit idea is brilliant. Very, very orginal and unique.

15. mdale10

mdale10 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a sweet kit!

16. uzy3

uzy3 New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    ATL
    where in Atlanta do u live, and do u play for any clubs? if so, what team

17. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    That looks incredible. the railroad crossing in the middle is a good idea and even a subtle hint to the rebel flag for the die hard southerners and yet its new fresh and green. Like the new south.

18. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    I think you mean a subtle hint of the cross of St. Andrew. The rebel flag is the Stars and Bars...but I am aware of the similarities. I hope, although I wouldn't bet on it, that people aren't so sensitive as to be offended by a railroad crossing sign. Thanks for the positive feedback. This is my favorite so far.

19. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good job. however, i don't like the FC. i understand it kind of fills the patch (which is cool by the way) but still i don't like soccer being called football here in the US. and i think "SC" would confuse some people with South Carolina. maybe not, but just something to think about.

If it were me, i'd maybe put A and T where F and C are. or better yet, something that the city of Atlanta is known for: say like a phoenix, railroad, air travel, and a soccer ball or something in there...you get the idea.

Don't get me wrong...those are some nice uniforms, but this one is my least favorite out of the three...still good job.

20. dlish

dlish New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    absolutely love this one, the kit, the name, all of it. i'm in nashville and currently searching for a team to support. if atlanta were to get an expansion franchise i would definately make one or two tips a year to see games down there.

keep fighting the good fight.

21. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I absolutely love that. If we get a team and that isn't the name & kit I am going to be very dissappointed (not really, I will do anything for a team). I especially like the offset X on the away jersey. Does anyone know anyone who could print up a few of these, I would buy one next week.:)

Come on guys, why does every X have to hint to the stars and bars? :confused: It doesn't look anything like it, except that it is an X.

22. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    After we get our OFFICIAL website up, maybe we can look into it.:D

23. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Looks really good. I'd change the font, but that's just me (don't ask me to what, 'cause I don't know...yet :D). I like the colors; every team in Atlanta doesn't have to be red and something!

24. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the Atlanta Wings SC Logo!! I love how our city's colors are the main colors. no one in mls has blue and gold!! i dont like how the bird has 2 heads maybe making it have one would be awesome like the city's logo!! good job on all these kits! as soon as they anounce that a team has been awarded to Atlanta, I would send these concepts to the owners, if I were you!!

25. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just a fun idea that I was kicking around today on my way to work. (Don't be too harsh, I only have MS Paint on my work computer. :( )

I thought this would be a good marketing campaign for Terminus FC.

[​IMG]

hmm... looking back at all of the posts, I should have done the signs in yellow and the lettering in green... I will fix that and post later.