Atl Utd 2

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Eleven Bravo, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excited to see the news about Atlanta United II. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about second teams but I love it. It’s perfect when you want to keep players close yet they still have work to do before the senior team. It should be the initiative of ALL teams in the league.

What will this team look like?

I’ve got

GK Garces

DF Bello, Robinson, Ambrose, Asensio

MF Goslin, Wheeler-Ominiu

FW Carleton, Kunga, Williams, Vasquez, Okonkwo

That’s a pretty good USL side.

2. Coyote89

Coyote89 Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 18, 2017
    I think they will go out of their way to try to find minutes for Carlton and Goslin with the first team this year. I'd expect them to at least be among the group of subs activated for a fair number of games in 2018. So, they may only be part-time participants with the USL team. Same goes for Ambrose who saw a decent number of minutes with the first team in 2017. He had 7 appearances with AUFC and only 3 with Charleston for example. Even Robinson could fall into that category. He was taken higher than Gressell in last year's draft which says they see a lot of value in him and may want to start incorporating him a bit.

That said, I'm not sure about the rules of moving players back and forth between the senior and reserve or supplemental rosters. I know there are minimum salaries, but not sure if there are limits on how frequently players can move between the two. For example, if Andrew Carlton isn't used in a MLS game, can he play for AUFC II the very next day?