ATL @ CHI 6/6--FSC tv game

Discussion in 'Atlanta Beat' started by kool-aide, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, the new & improved Beat head to Chi-town this weekend. If you don't get FSC, there will be a webcast available via the league website.

Who do you think will start? Will all the new players pass medicals & have their contracts signed in time to start? Personally, I'd wait to get another check up on Chalu's head b/f starting her. But I'm extra cautious about head injuries w/ recurrent problems.

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Bachmann, Aluko, Rasmussen, Mami, Blank, Kerr, Larkin?/Bishop?, Ellertson, McNeill, Robinson, Solo[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

If Chalu does play, I'd sit Kerr and shift Rasmussen right. But that's my own preferences shining through...and I'm assuming Zerboni isn't ready to play after her own head injury. And I don't know when Bachmann leaves for the U20 WWC (I'm assuming she's going).

2. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is in the area or going to the game....

The Army Invades Chicago!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121817557853472

The game is at 5pm(ct) at Toyota Park!

Seeing as how some of our players are now members of the Atlanta beat and our former goalie Jill is already up in Chi-Town, let's make this the send off that our girls never got.

If you are interested in carpooling, let me know. There will hopefully be 3 cars going.

Chicago will be honoring our unused Athletica tickets at the game so you won't even need to pay for one if you were a season ticket holder!! If you are just going anyway, come walk over and say "hi". We love meeting fans from all over.

It is on FSC so we will be there to cause chaos like always still wearing green and cheering for our ladies that will forever be in our hearts as Athletica players. We cheer for the love and for our players first and foremost.

As of now we have about 10 people sitting with us. Just thought you guys may want to know.

3. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look for this sign in the stands!!

[​IMG]

4. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, I'm sure the team will appreciate the extra support.

5. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not the ONLY time you guys are going right? Laclede's Army will go to Chicago again since it's the closest WPS team to St.Louis?

Not everyone can make it this weekend. :(

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you guys know if Solo is playing for sure this weekend?

I thought she said she wasn't going to sign until she got back from the World Cup in South Africa.

7. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what about mcneil and kerr?

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just wanted to say I met the owner of the Beat, Mr. Fitz Johnson after the game at Toyota Park and I just want to say, what a World Class guy.
    We need more owners/investors like him in this league.

9. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I saw him, too. He did seem nice. As for us, we spoke w/ many Red Star employess...incuding their President, Marcia McDermott. EVERYONE was nice! They all welcomed us to Chicago (if it's not obvious, I'm from St. Louis) and shook our hands. Marcia, in particular, was wonderful; chatting with us for quite a while. I plan to send them a note in the mail thanking Chicago for their generosity.

And, I hope to make a trip to Atlanta this summer, too.