Atlético Madrid vs Real Madrid | La Liga J.12 | 18.11.2017 | 20:45 CEST [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul_Madrid, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    upload_2017-11-17_10-39-34.png

upload_2017-11-17_10-41-27.png
    REAL MADRID INJURIES

Gareth Bale is still out with a hamstring problem and will play no part against Atletico.

Keylor Navas is back in training, but not yet ready to return, while Mateo Kovacic also needs more time to recover from his injury.

Better news sees Dani Carvajal available again after a heart problem, while Luka Modric is also in contention despite being described by Zidane as "off colour" in training on Thursday.

REAL MADRID SUSPENSIONS

Real Madrid have had a few suspensions already this season, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Marcelo and Sergio Ramos all missing matches in La Liga, but Zidane has no players banned for the game against Atletico.

REAL MADRID POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP

With Navas set to miss out again, Kiko Casilla will continue in goal for Real Madrid against Atletico.

Dani Carvajal looks set to return to the starting line-up for the champions at right-back, with Dani Ceballos (who scored a brilliant hat-trick for Spain's Under-21 side against Slovakia on Tuesday) a possible inclusion in midfield if Zidane decides Modric is not 100 per cent fit.

Further forward, Ronaldo is set to partner Karim Benzema in attack, with Isco just behind those two.
    upload_2017-11-17_10-42-43.png

ATLETICO TEAM NEWS

Atletico, like Real Madrid, have picked up 23 points from their opening 11 matches in La Liga so far this season.

Diego Simeone's side are on the verge of elimination in the Champions League, but remain unbeaten in the Primera Division with six wins and five draws.

The Argentine has a fully fit squad at his disposal for the derby and he will hope striker Antoine Griezmann can return to form after some disappointing displays of late.

With Diego Costa unable to feature for Atleti until January due to the club's transfer ban, Angel Correa is in line for a start alongside Griezmann on Saturday.
    BEST OPTA MATCH FACTS

• This will be the 161st La Liga derby between Atletico and Real Madrid. Los Blancos have won over half of the fixtures so far, with 86 victories.

• Atletico have only lost one of their last eight league derbies against Real Madrid (four wins, three draws), although that was a 3-0 defeat in the sides' last Liga meeting at the Vicente Calderon.

• This will be the first derby between Atletico and Real Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano. Atletico failed to win their first league derby at both the Vicente Calderon (2-2 in 1967) and at the old Metropolitano (a 3-0 loss in 1929).

• Atletico have conceded 83% of their goals from headers in La Liga this season (five out of six), the highest percentage of any team.

• Cristiano Ronaldo has scored six goals in his last four games against Atletico in all competitions.

• Zinedine Zidane has lost more games against Atletico than against any other side as Real Madrid manager in all competitions (two), but he did win the first of his seven titles against them (the 2016 Champions League final).
    Source

Shay Z, CR7PT, Tobias19 and 6 others repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As bad as Atleti have been, they will want revenge for a multitude of reasons (CL finals, last derby in Calderon, etc.) and it seems form aside the team is struggling for motivation and I'm not sure they will bring the intensity where the colchoneros will be foaming at the mouth.

I hope I'm wrong, cause this could get ugly if the boys aren't "up" for a fight.

4. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I am very worried as well, starting with Casilla ( I have no faith in this guy) and poor form of CR (really hope this changes soon) and well Karim being himself ... we lack firepower this year, lets hope that changes here.

5. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Zidane, show some balls and bench Modric.

6. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    based on his last game? if so, shouldnt Karim be benched before Modric ?

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  7. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Of course, but benching Benzema has nothing to do with Zidane growing a pair. He's under no pressure to play Benzema, won't get any backlash from the fans, media and journalists alike. Benzema plays because for some inexplicable reason Zidane loves him.

And as some of us may know, when it comes to love - logic, reason, objectivity and all round intelligence goes out of the window sometimes. In parts or entirely.

8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Excited, nervous. I believe in this team.

Shay Z repped this.
  9. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More nervous than ever.. even draw is a very bad result at this stage.

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please, please, PLEEEEAAAASE win today. I don't want the league to be over in November.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo has 48 shots and 1 goal to show for it. I hope he does better. We need our best player right now.

robnycus and Lyra repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Benzema and Ronaldo will baptize the new stadium.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Atletico gonna Pathetico.

I'm confident. Lets get this. VAMOS MADRID!!!

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fingers and toes crossed

Zidane05 and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  16. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Not another disappointing game, we need to start a hot streak, what better time and place than at the mattress makers.

Just win, HALA MADRID !

17. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Need to continue the same intensity from the second half of the Las Palmas game straight into this one. Not going to be easy.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm feeling some apathy overall from this board. Come on y'all, this is a big one. Ramos as usual has to keep his head straight, and Marcelo has to up his game and not commit so many turnovers. Carvajal is back but I can't see him lasting all 90. Obviously, the strikers need to be on point and not waste chances and the mids need to take a pop every now and again to pull their defense out a bit. All in all we know this is an unpredictable match but we badly need this win. Let's go!

Vector-SS and Digital repped this.
  19. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I really wish Asensio would start ,....
    HALA MADRIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

CR do your magic!

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Our league starts tonight.

Lessssggoooooooo!!!

Also.... Wanda. Lol. Dumbass name.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Marcelo’s first turnover. Hopefully the last one.

22. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    slopyy pass after slopyy ver lucky..

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I was wrong. Jesus Christ!!! Correa misses.

Jeeeeesus.

RMSocrates repped this.
  24. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Marcelo and Varane trying to assist Atletico for their first goal....

25. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sloppy again kross and marcelo. Should be one nil down, shocking finish.

26. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What was Marcello thinking there??????????????? or was he ?