Atlético Madrid vs Real Madrid | La Liga J.12 | 18.11.2017 | 20:45 CEST [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul_Madrid, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #351 Oscar, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Either that, or play with Ronaldo as a striker (which he basically already does for most of the time in a game) and add another midfielder. I don't see a problem with giving Mayoral a few starts either. He practically can't do worse than Benzema (what's he gonna do? not score? :D ) and it would send a message to Benz that he has work to do, that somebody who couldn't start at Wolfsburg is getting chosen to play over him.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need to start benching some people. I'd start with the obvious one which is Benzema, let him redeem himself in CDR or some shit like that. Cristiano, given his status, should be given a little more time but he should be next on the list followed by Marcelo.

I don't think this shit is gonna solve itself, it's one of the situations where i don't think Zidane's way of trusting the players is gonna turn out for the good.

Edino Edinho, Digital and temesgen repped this.
  3. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    beIN refereeing analyst claims it was a penalty on the notion that Ramos was AHEAD of that twat when he went in for the header.

He also mentioned that Lucas was not going to get the ball and took 0 consideration to the safety of Ramos hence his reasoning for a penalty. Yellow card included.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Seeing Ronaldo being outrun like he is nothing. Well, that is just sad.

Flo better get some counseling, because RMs checkbook will suffer in the summer. Possibly even in january.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    They said that last year and the year before that too. Then he turns it on and everyone forgets.

I'm not sure what the fix is, but I saw a lot more positive signs in the Atletico game than negative ones. If Benzema is spending so much time out wide, it's better to just play Asensio in that position and add pace to the lineup. Also, if you're looking for scoring and you don't have much going for you in terms of strikers on the bench, not sure why Ceballos isn't playing right now.

6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ye right, like benzema will ever get benched for Marco.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He will improve numbers, but sadly his speed and with it his ability to break and exploit space is gone. As result he cannot play winger anymore, as for CF - i dont like it.

Positives such as? I saw more drive / energy and that is it. While the same poor structure - especially upfront persists. I agree about Benzema. What is the point spending so much time on wing? Can he break on wing? No. Is there presence upfront to play with? No. So???? We are basically playing without forward line and have zero presence in final third. No wonder we cannot do shit and the only way we can do something in final third is by crossing on static players in the box.

As for Ceballos, another thing that makes zero sense. But again, the main problem is upfront and the worst thing we can do nothing about it. Because we dont have subs. Thanks Flo or Zizu.

Edino Edinho and Halycon repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He had that speed in the second half of last season. I'm not willing to write him off until I see a full season where he doesn't show it.

Such as much better play from Marcelo and Kroos, two players that massively under performed recently. Carvajal returning and playing very well. Casemiro and Varane were excellent too. I think the only negatives from the past game were Benzema and Ronaldo, and the decisions of the coach.

Anon. and Los Merengues repped this.
  9. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointing result but it was positive to see the midfield back playing closer to their normal level and nice having Carvajal back. As everyone has noted, the problem was the movement and finishing of Benz and Ronaldo.

Unfortunately I don’t see many fixes for goals within our squad as it is currently constructed until Karim and Cris start scoring again or Bale gets healthy. Only thing I could think of would be to play Asensio and Ceballos more at the expense of Benz in a 4-4-1-1 type formation.

10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The issue with Ronaldo as a CF is he doesn't do the work off the ball that a CF needs to do. Ronaldo in recent seasons has developed into an incredible finisher but he's done it by playing between the lines in a very unconventional manner.

That said I'd entertain giving Ronaldo a free role as a second striker but only if we have someone in the box moving and pulling the defense for him. If we can't do that than serious consideration needs to given to the notion that both Benzema and Ronaldo need to go.

Shay Z, Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No match thread yet. Are we that desillusioned?

12. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gon be the same shit anyway. Class midfield and defense, utter shit in attack.

Really funny how the same ppl who praised our midfield trio last year (even compared to farca's xavi, iniesta busquets) and now all of a sudden that same trio are shit because ronaldo and benzema cant score lmao. everyone gets the blame except ronaldo himself, even isco is getting blamed looool. Our midfield is still worldclass, our forwards arent anymore

13. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    How could you see that the midfield is world class from this game? Whoscored for the game says --

Player ----- Crosses ------ Accurate Crosses
    Marcelo--------6----------------------0
    Casemiro------0----------------------0
    Modric----------1----------------------0
    Kroos-----------7----------------------0
    Isco-------------6----------------------0

No accurate thru balls the entire game either from any of the midfield.

Checking Leganes vs Barca for comparison....Barca has 3 or 4 crosses all game. Leganes is closer to the RM stat, they have 12 crosses with 3 successful.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I too think he’s not ready, but what you say here then beggars the question about squad management, why on earth keep a player, that you have no intention of ever giving a min because he’s not ready, were there absolutely no other options out there at all that could give us a few mins that were better or more prepared than Mayoral,

even if the thought was, if one of the starters go down or play poorly we’ll just change formation and try to make it work with the players we have, but not really use Mayoral because in the end he’s not good enough to cover for Benz why keep him at all?, why not sell or loan him again?

If this is the thought about him in the coaching and management circle ( I have no idea if it is) then that was monumental nonsense, let’s keep him here just because....... more madness in terms of planning IMO , if this is how they view him, just making up the numbers in a Real Madrid squad, unbelievable, the most prestigious team in the world , he is a lucky guy

I’m not sure what an accurate cross is so I won’t get into that, but there is no point trying to play thru balls when there is no one around to play them thru to, need better movement from the front players in order to see passing lanes, can’t just have strikers coming deep to receive the ball playing it out wide and then just making a mad dash for the penalty area looking for the cross time and time again, at least Ronaldo tried to get in the area , I don’t know what Benz was doing, but thru balls demand smarter movement from the front men IMO

Deep Pal, temesgen, Oscar and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I've said this all summer, that Mayoral should never be a legitimate option for this team. Even if he was to dazzle and significantly exceed expectations, a team that is competing at our level should not be building a squad expecting the best possible outcome (and Mayoral becoming a legitimate alternative to Benzema is probably even beyond the wildest dreams of anyone). Major major major mistake.

natenate101, J-Mezzy, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Not sure how you define an accurate cross but let's be very clear, both Ronaldo and Benzema were running to the far post behind defenders on nearly every play. Neither went to to of the key or ran near post, they both made the exact same movement (if I can call it movement) making it impossible to get a ball to them.

On at least half a dozen occasions the top of the penalty area was empty because Ronaldo and Benzema made same run behind players or simply stood waiting for ball surrounded by defense.

At one point Benzema laid the ball off to wide player and tried to run behind two or three defenders in nearly the same location Ronaldo already was when he could have continued vertically and pulled one or more of Ronaldo making the attack harder to defend. The play died of course with wide player holding too long because he had ZERO options other than a random ball into box.

The crossing is poor but it's poor because our attack is lazy and expecting wide players to be able to reproduce the kind of accuracy that the JFK shooter allegedly had.

17. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Valid answer, but where in all that does it show a 'world class' midfield?

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's shows a world class midfield needs a realistic target. Iniesta and xavi in their best would not be doing any better with this front line. You can't stand around or worse go and hide behind a defender along with other forward and expect good service. Its asking the impossible.

Oscar and Digital repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They completely dominated Atleti's ball rotation and marking system. Correa was practically finished physically by chasing ghosts by the 35th minute.

Oscar and temesgen repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, Not to mention being relatively solid in helping out the defense , the best midfields aren’t just about going forward, when I hear controlling the midfield I think about in both directions, not just being able to play “thru balls”,

temesgen repped this.
  21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    What point in playing thru ball without movement? It only hurts your team... Benzema and Ronaldo are the problem, everything else is pretty much what you'd want to compete for silverware every year.

Digital repped this.
  22. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. That stat says shit. 2. No ppl making runs to give them through balls.

temesgen repped this.
  23. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hehehehehehehehe