Athletica tribute site?

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by REALfootballRulez, Sep 25, 2010.

1. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just wondering if anyone has thought about an Athletica tribute site?

They were only alive for a short time but it would still be nice to see a tribute page.

SiberianT has done a great job on the wiki page so maybe you could do it?

Rokagrl and Cville are the other top Athletica fans who could this.

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Interesting idea. But I know it would be a bigger task than I think you're expecting. From my side, editing Wiki articles is INCREDIBLY different from actually creating a site - Wiki has its own editing interface and its own coding, and while I do have a little bit of experience with html it's certainly not enough to create a site (or create one that doesn't look horrendous) from scratch. And that's not taking into account you have to register a domain, etc. Now, I'm not sure, but if Roka still can mess with the Laclede's Army site, we could potentially create a tribute site as an offshoot....

3. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    3 people repped this.
  4. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOw, ANdy - Great job

5. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto!

6. Three M

Three M New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you.

7. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to Andy for putting all the pictures and materials on facebook!

One thing I always worry about when you start thinking about doing a "tribute" site is the copyright/trademark issue. You have logos, team names, etc.

8. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great. Thanks for doing that.

Just think, if it wasn't for Jeff Cooper's ineptitude and/or indifference the Athletica could still be around!!

9. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's a good idea too. You could always just create some tribute pages on the Laclede's Army site. I don't think there will be any copyright issues since there is already Athletica trademarks on that site.

It would nice if Laclede's Army could get together for a game next year or something. I'm sure the USWNT will get a game here again eventually and that would be a time we could meet.

Like Cville said I'm not stepping foot into an AC game after the way they basically killed off the Athletica. Plus I can get AC at home!! :D

Doesn't Rokagrl come here anymore?? She's been gone from this Athletica forum for months. You would think she'd just pop in once in a while since she was their number 1 supporter.

10. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  12. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a similar pink soccer ball signed by the team in the 2009 "pink" game. Won it at an auction at the game. I'm wondering if this ball was from 2009 or 2010? I'm thinking 2009 since I think I see Francielle's (#21) and Christie Welsh's (#23) signatures.

In any case, a great collector's item...sure to have several national team members on it. Still a week to go in the auction and as Mookie141 says, for a great cause.