At least 3 Salvadoran teams in the next Champions League!

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by FenoFutbol, Sep 4, 2008.

1. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Any of you guys saw the game tonight? Marathon-Metapan was the best game in this tournament so far, the competitive level of both countries are just too good to let them out, plus the millions of Salvadorans in the US would generate a lot of revenue when it comes to tv ratings.

If you are not with me on this one, you have to be somewhere close to being retarded.

Metapan-Marathon was one of the most exciting games I have seen in a while, ask the dudes from Galavision that had the game. The were saying words such as "alto calibre" "como lo esperabamos" "partidazo" and yes, it was a great game to watch. Somehow any time any of our team plays, there is a lot of emotions going on in and out side field. I guess is bc the huge soccer culture we have, any of you saw non salvis saw the game between Panama and El Salvador... after a few minutes, the videos of the goals on youtube were watched by millions!

For the next Champions League we need 3 Salvi teams, hoping that Aguila and Fas (the big guys) are going to be there.

Peace

2. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles
    yea it was a good game to watch. but i dont know about 3 teams. if i recalled metapan and firpo dont have stadiums that meet concacaf regulations so for example aguila and fas do they have stadiums that meet regulations for concacaf games? cause firpo and metapan are both playing in cuscatlan stadium. I dont think el cusca can handle 3 clubs at the same time...damn metapan so close.

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nope, according to CONCACAF, Cuscatlan is the only stadium in El Salvador that meets its regulations :(

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think the Champions League is fine as it is. El Salvador's one group stage and one preliminary stage seedings are completly fine. No need to change it. No doubt it was a good game but no need to go over the top.

I mean, what, are you going to say that Honduras needs a third team too?

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    yeah right! why not 4? or the whole league?

6. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    el cuzca en el flor blanca are qualified, what if Fas or Aguila dont have a good stadium according to Fifa? crap, we build new ones!

we have enough history and connecions to find creditors and build new stadiums, you want to bet on that one?

Not only Aguila, but Fas, Firpo and Probably Alianza and a few other teams make good profit at the end of the season, I dont see why we would not find investors to build those stadiums. Our Liga Mayor has been around for about 70 years, which mean our soccer is rentable, we prob havent anything to make it grow but that can always change.

The passion and the atmosphere that the our boys create in the futbol pitch is awesome, as our international "level" keep elevating, I dont see why is a bad idea to put some more teams into this little tournament.

I wonder how good were the ratings yesterday for Galavision. People def wants to watch teams like Metapan with open, attacking and attractive soccer.

It will be like having a European Teams withouth Juventus or Milan, who is going to put exciment into the tournaments? British and Spaniards go to the stadium to sit down with nice clothes... ;)

7. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    LOL @ that ^^^^^

1- Build the stadiums
    2- Win something
    3- Come back then and we'll talk.

8. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles
    really!! 70 years...dude how come cd aguila,cd firpo and cd fas have no soccer stadiums wheres the money going to??

9. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

(2) We have, and we will build the stadiums, maybe we can find another Mexican magnate to build us a nice one too ;)

As far as I know, what used to be the biggest and best stadium in central america was build by Salvadoreans not by rich Mexis ;)

10. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre

Stadiums built by rich mexies? :confused:

As usual, you have no clue about a single thing you're saying.

Nothing new there, really.

11. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    I know man, rich fat bastards never really made our domestic league grow but is an stable profitable league, I mean is nowhere near European Leagues and we do have some small teams that suffer at the end of the season. But for the most part, we are always growing and we could do better if we were pressure into doing it.

We are talking already of a comeptitive league in the area, like I said, we have the fans, fans have the money, I guess we will need a few investors which we could find them somewhere.

We are the most industralized country in Central America, why wouldnt be able to create a litle "Premier" Salvadoran League? ;)

12. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    you gone tell me that the Ricardo Saprisa looks that nice and Vergara has nothing to do with it? Go home dude. There is nothing wrong with having rich mexis investing in your league, we should do it too.

In fact, Aguila is owned by a rich Canadian now, we are working on a project to build the new stadium. ;)

13. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre

HAHAHA, you're a joke kid.
    Ricardo Saprissa was built in the seventies...way before Vergara.
    Really, this would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

14. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    and it looks like that, with turf and everything since the 70s? :eek:

15. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles
    well el salvador doesnt have first class stadiums..but clubs like cd aguila, cd fas and cd firpo are three of the best in the central america and I recalled the games firpo vs saprisa 2-1 and the cd aguila vs alajuela 1-0. a few months back.

16. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    It's called maintenance and continuos improvement, junior.

You guys should try it. That way you might have more than 1 stadium in the whole country worth playing an international game in.

17. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Friendlies?

Don't go all spazzo on me now.

18. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    is 2 stadiums. is not like you guys have great stadiums either.

ignoring this clown. dish network sucks, we used to watch La Mayor on goltv and they took it out, now they take goltv out with madrid on it!

it will still be nice to have more of our teams competing, we bring the flavor this tournament needs, i mean all i can tell if there is not salvis included is boring ping pong soccer with ultra defensive teams.

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Ponch, i know it will be hard but can you please refrain from responding to this one. I mean, just let him have it this once. Or else it'll never stop :D

20. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
  21. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Done

:D

22. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    again the point of the thread was to talk about getting 3 salvis in the cl.

we will see how firpo does, hoping they represent la mayor with pride.

23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    hey el cuscatleco where can i find these regulations on the stadium standards:confused:

24. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    I'll take you on that bet, how much are you willing to lose?:rolleyes:

25. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    one thing you should know about me is that the chances that i have of losing are 0.000001% ;) i almost always win.