At last: The welcome Luka Modric Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by 4x4s, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Luka Modric is a RM player, what do you think?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2012.
  1. Just what we needed!!!

58.1%
  2. He'll be ok, but i don't think he'll be a massive improvement to our squad.

37.1%
  3. He's not good enough, i am dissapointed.

4.8%
  1. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Kroos, Modric, Carvajal, Vasquez, and Bale have all had their contracts extended without a single issue, so it is very much possible. And I disagree with the notion that he could not have gotten a deserved salary without creating a summer long media storm, flirting with other clubs, threatening to leave, and generally being uncaptain-worthy in his behaviour.

He did what he had to do to get the most amount of money but that doesn't mean his perfidious actions did not tarnish his image.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anything is "possible" but maybe he wasn't getting what he wanted and thought he was worth the calm non confrontational way, whilst they may have all been offered what was acceptable to them, who knows, I know I am not writing him off as "uncaptain-worthy" simply because I don't have all the facts, no one does except the people who were there at the negotiating table, but, as always , to each his own.

3. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007

What happened in the negotiation room is irrelevant, IMO. Even if negotiations were not going well; a club captain should under no circumstance do what he did. You do NOT threaten to leave and sign Manchester United unless your demands are met.

Such as actions are not worthy of a Real Madrid captain.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hire a proper agent and not have his brother represent him, who like Sergio himself is incredibly chatty with the press. When everything that's said in a negotiation lands on the table at AS and Marca in a word for word transscript, that's not really proper form.

I love Sergio, but when you're a player of that level, you're represented by a man who knows the machine, not by an amateur. He really irked out almost the entire fanbase when he didn't really need to.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But but are we not always told ( as I have read here numerous times, I don't speak Spanish ) not to take onboard anything we read in said publications, that they are just out to get the players and Madrid as a whole, and are against Flo?, should we pick and choose when to believe and when not to?, have I got this all wrong?

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1531 Digital, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their view, in real life though, not the principled one we'd like to see our football players take because we are fans , people still have to try to get what they think they are worth, however they can, no matter the job we would all try our best to achieve that, football isn't some special thing that must be done differently when it comes to getting what you think is best for you or your family, that is strictly a "fan" perspective IMO, just my thought, as per usual not trying to change any minds, I'm happy he got what he think he deserved and that he is still our captain and with us

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  7. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    There was article yesterday here on Modric with the headline: "How long will he last?"

[​IMG]
    mjesec - month
    tjedan - week

Injuries starting from the big one in 2015. Before that one he had like 3 injuries in his whole career and from that moment they're just piling up.

The conclusion is nothing new to anyone here; to make him last he needs to run less (Pirlo role with two player doing the running in front of him - we all know that is not going to happen) and to stop playing for the national team (also not happening until after WC2018).

Good luck to him, we really need him to stay injury free until Kroos and Casemiro (or at least one of them) returns.

8. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agreed... but I think you mean 5 players. :D

Digital and surgeon repped this.
  9. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    That you're right. It's easy to get lost in the crowd - as shown by Pirlo and Pogba.

10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I follow the argumentation, but man...I adore his running with the ball at his feet. He's a joy to watch when he's accelerating from an impossible situation and leaves his markes behind. Incredible player for me!

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Can't believe I had to dig all the way back to the 2nd page to find his thread given his MOTM performance.

[​IMG]

Zinedine Zidane: "We know how key Modric is to the team and he played well. He is getting back into his rhythm little-by-little. With Casemiro, I wanted fresher legs and put Kovacic & Modric further up. We know what he can give us."

So good that even the biggest hater amongst the Cules, Xavi, had to give props: “I do not hide that I like Modric and Marcelo is playing at an incredible level.”

MaxY, Aimar 21, Kroosinator and 7 others repped this.
  12. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was everywhere and has missi in his pocket. That deep role suits him well.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm already sad.. cause he will leave/end his carrer someday. It will be sad day for the club.:cry:

Aimar 21, MiamiNative0722, Anon. and 4 others repped this.
  14. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    for football you mean

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For humanity you mean

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

for galaxy you mean

MiamiNative0722 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For the universe you mean

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    For snickers you mean.

J-Mezzy, MiamiNative0722 and WhiteBlood repped this.
  19. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
  20. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And to think that the moronic press called him one of the worst signings ever lol

How he made them eat their words :D

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol at some of the guys listed ahead of him. Mahrez, Vardy, pogba :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The conversation shouldn't be about who is ahead of him, but why he hasn't been nominated for one yet. How many times have we said he is the most important and best player on this team?

S1na, J-Mezzy and Digital repped this.
  23. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I get Mahrez and Vardy. They both really delivered in a freak season that ended with a title no one would ever expect Leicester to win.

What I don't get is EPL players that did not play for Leicester last season. The fact Leicester won it says everything you need to know about other teams performances.
    I also don't understand any of Bayern and Juve players on that list. None of them plays for Portugal and both play in one horse leagues with nothing to show for except the irrelevant league title.

The thing I dislike the most is midfielders and defenders always behind attacking players on these lists.

24. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho rated Khedira higher than him.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Higher than who? Modric? That's not true. For all his faults here, he did push for the Modric signing, and he did persist with him even after early struggles.

madridista_hr, surgeon, temesgen and 2 others repped this.