Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    b6e5141bff65c9d667fd18a77e5aac88.jpg 89da619fb00359ee120efa110136b928.jpg 6f5fafd23fdccacda28e6bb3f5796480.jpg ea57ef5f0b92ee30a1fd93c787923b8d.jpg

gusgorman repped this.
  2. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    That tongue just looks like it'll hurt into the ankle.

3. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    in reviews they say you don't feel the tongue at all cause it's a soft cloth, but they also say that its the worst part of the shoe...

4. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Yep having read about them the tongue is the one thing that is putting me off.
    I want a leather tongue on a leather shoe!

5. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Shame about the tongue because i really like them for astro.

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    quite excited once discounts for the copa TF's start coming in. Leather + boost + techfit internal cage is probably the dream team.

7. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Have you got a pair already?

8. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like what adidas did with the AG version of the Gloro 16.1, it keeps the football look instead of making it look like a trainer.

[​IMG]

9. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Did anyone else go from MagistaX Obra 1 to MagistaX Obra 2 and find that the two are much more narrow and stiff? Or is it just because my 1s are so broken in at this point?

10. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
  11. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    appreciate help on sizing of the nike tiempo mystic V TF?

if i wear a uk6.5 in the tiempo FG, same size on the abv or go up to uk7?

that's why i did with the mizuno, and it fits well, due to the toe-end having the stitching into the front end of the outsole

many thanks!

12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I have the previous Primeknit boost and while the boost tech is great and you feel it, my problem is that there's too much of it, so you feel slightly too elevaated, and not terribly stable.

which tiempo FG? I've gone half a size up from my Mizunos for all the Tiempos since Legend 4

13. borgorek

borgorek New Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Hello, i need some help on making a decision. I want to buy a pair of turf boots and i can't decide between Hypervenom X Finale TF and the new Hypervenom III Phelon TF. The reason why i would pick the Finale version is that they have the flywire technology. I need your help guys, hope you give me your opionon. Thanks !

14. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    I have HVx Finale TF, the upper is good and they perform well, but i cannot say I am completely satisfied with them. They dont hold the heel too well. Maybe some trusox would silve this. Anyway, I wouldn't buy them again, as I expect more from my shoes.

15. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Is it just me who doesn't like the suede layer that most companies put at the front of leather turf shoes?

I know its there to protect the leather, but to me it always seems to mess up the fit. The front of the boot is never going to mold to your foot shape in the way it would if there was just leather there.

16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i'm with you...

gusgorman repped this.
  17. freetekker

freetekker New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    any experience for hypervenomx final II ? should i go half size up? (bad english)

18. johnssmith1

johnssmith1 New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Are there any boots that have the stud pattern like the mundial team or something similar? Looking for longer studs but not fg length for harder ground fields with dry grass (did not know where to post so feel free to move) appreciate any help

19. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Sorry I don't know of any... I wear my AG boots when I play on hard natural grounds. At the moment I've got some Umbro Speciali Etertnal Pro AGs which have very short studs. In the past I had a pair Adidas Predator LZ AG which worked pretty well too.

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pantofola and Akuna have some HG and AG models that should fit the bill in a higher end design. Diadora use to offer it as the MG 25 outsole and Puma once had something similar...but they have all "innovated" themselves to death and stopped producing what actually works for the general public while still making it available to pros; not just talking outsoles either...uppers, tongue design, and so on. The current state of boots is pretty pathetic, IMO.

21. johnssmith1

johnssmith1 New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Thanks for the replies, I have a pair of older take down tiempos with the ag soleplate (the hard plastic one) but never thought to use it on hard ground. Good to hear about those speciali's I may look into those (definitely not going to find those in the us though). I got a pair of the diadora 25 from zappos but have not tried them on the field yet and yeah dr boots it sucks that these and the pumas are basically non existent. I ended up trying my friends visaro 1.0 model and they were really great so I ended up getting a k leather model and they have the nicer foam inserts so that will help. Yeah I would love some akuna's or panto's but again being in the states makes these a more difficult purchase. Thanks again

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    yea the Visaros definitely have really really good insoles that would help with the pressure but why are you looking for longer but not FG length studs?

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just get the Pantos from PDS UK; its a pretty painless process.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/list...otball-boots&cur=GBP&pp=32&t=Artificial+Grass

24. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Has anyone got to test or even seen New Balance's Audazo 2.0? I can't find any useful info about them online. The sole of the first generation had really good grip but the upper was really hard and stiff. I was wondering if they changed the upper or what are the differences.