Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ohh. some guys on the chinese forums had it and were posting about it.

interesting looking shoe. there's fly wire, a gel pad on the heel, and they use a similar to Lunar gato soleplate.

if only it were leather though :(

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The grey looks pretty good.

5. Andrew McCole

Andrew McCole Member

Sep 2, 2014
    They look just like the more recent FlyKnit Lunar Racers from Nike...did someone from Nike defect to Kappa and Joma recently?

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    probably Joma found the Vietnam factory Nike was making their flyknits from lol

7. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They look far too close to the FlyKnit Lunar1's!

8. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Need to get myself some new TF shoes, sadly my Bomba Finale II are starting to shoe their age with a bit of sole separation and a couple of holes in the upper. Since they're no longer available, and not many knocking around on eBay either, I've had to have a bit of a look around for something else and come up with this as a shortlist...

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...er-Black-Chilling-Red-White-116075.aspx?s=7.5

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...r-Black-Challenge-Red-White-116081.aspx?s=7.5

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...er-Squadron-Blue-Black-Volt-115866.aspx?s=7.5

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...ck-Super-Pink-Midnight-Grey-108664.aspx?s=7.5

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...urf-Trainer-Red-White-Black-111365.aspx?s=7.5

Anyone had any experience with any of the above?

The HV or Mercurials seem like they'll be the closest to my old Bombas whereas the Magista seem to be more of a Lunar Gato successor, intrigued by the adidas X but they're listed as 15.2 there despite being priced the same as the 15.1 on the adidas website. The Mizunos are a bit of a wildcard, can't find much about them anywhere but I've been impressed with other stuff I've had from them in the past.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

9. RedRev

RedRev New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    How similar of a fit does the copa indoor have in comparison with the regular copa mundial?

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They don't stretch. I'd say get your normal size.

Hell, I if I remember right, I wore a US9.5 in them over my normal 9's in everything else!

But taht was 15 years ago...so....

11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone have any feedback on the new Adidas TKRZ turf shoes? I'm trying to decide between those or the Hypervenomx Proximos.

12. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    If looking for turf i'd recommend the hypervenom x finale. The upper is great.

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for the recommendation. I tried a pair on this weekend, they felt pretty nice.

I like the fit/feel of the MercurialX proximo but I'm not crazy about any of the colorways. I'm not one for flashy boots. I can't seem to find anywhere local that has the TKRZ available to try on.

I think for me it's between the wolf gray mercurialx and the all black TKRZ.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jayc23 repped this.
  14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Haven't seen much about it, even on the chinese forums.

Have touched it on the retail shops in my place. seems to be pretty stiff, not sure how the touch feels like though. Definitely grippy the same way the Predator LZ's were, but I'd venture forward and say the touch probably feels clunky.

might soften up after a few uses though. Still contemplating if its worth blowing money on aha

15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, due to lack of information on the TKRZ, I ended up ordering a pair of hypervenomx proximo's. I'm just worried that they might be too stiff as I've heard that was an issue with the fg version of the boot.

16. RavT

RavT New Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I like Mercurials, but they are cheaper in Amazon for example.

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    why didn't you just get the finale's have heard alot of good stuff about it.

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mostly because the colorways are terrible. I like blackout style boots and for whatever reason indoor and turf boots are 99% flashy.

19. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I picked up a pair of these for the upcoming indoor season in the all red colorway. While the fit and feel is actually better than expected, I think the quality of these isn't all there. After one session there is already spots in the upper that are rubbing off. Maybe I did just get a bad pair though..

I'll post pictures later, but I am questioning if these will make it through a season.

20. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just these today! Looking forward to having a run out in them on Friday night. I've been wearing Joma Top Flexes and Regate's and those are really nice too, very soft, but I want to try something a little more solid. Impressed with the amount of K leather. Anybody else have these? Morelia Indoor.JPG

ghost_striker repped this.
  21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    God...I only play on astro turf...but was thinking of getting these for the hell of it. Who cares if I slip lol

22. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I´m looking for a pair of astro turf trainers. So far I have added MagistaX Finale, HypervenomX Finale, Joma Topflex tf and Pantofola Lazzarini tf on my shortlist. Any other recommendations or opinions on the aforementioned shoes?

23. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I had the Jomas but I didn't liked them. my foot couldn't lock in and was sliping in the shoe...

ghost_striker repped this.
  24. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks john_mizuno8! I´ll probably steer away from the Jomas then.

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've worn FG on turf for years & maybe I've just been lucky but I've never had any problems. But tomorrow I'm giving Nikes AG plate a whirl for the first time. Kinda excited!

appleCORR