Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Jonathan Galea

Jonathan Galea New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes it's 3G turf. Sometimes the position does dictate the kind of shoe I think - since I play in a defensive role, I have to tackle and clear the ball where necessary, especially in 7-a-sides. That's why I need a boot which is a bit padded on the front end (toes) and a bit more resistant to hits (I get stepped on continuously). "Speed" boots suck at that, and that's why I was looking at the traditional boots i.e. Copa Mundial, King and Tiempo... however, my main concern is the stud stype. The AG studs on my Evospeed are excellent, but it's difficult to find anything similar to them and that's why I was wondering whether it would make a big difference if I went for TF/TT soles this time round.

I was taking a look at these:
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...in-AS-Soccer-Cleats-BlackLimeWhite-69301.aspx

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Have you looked into the Mizuno Morelia II AG's? A little pricey, but essentially player issue quality boots with a unique/effective AG bottom plate. Light weight (because of outsole) but can take a beating with it being Kangaroo leather.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportsguide/item/1453443/

$180 with shipping (to US at least).

3. Jonathan Galea

Jonathan Galea New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately my budget is up till 50 euro/40GBP, as I only play twice a week

4. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    have you looked at the nike premier? sounds like a boot that will suit you?

or look on ebay at older colours/models of tiempo's?

I wore my legend II's on 3G for such a long time, they worked so well grip and comfort wise

5. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey all, was wondering if anyone has any input...

I actually play on (sort of rough, dry, patchy) grass, but I coincidentally bought a pair of Puma EvoSpeed 5 AGs and loved them because the stud layout is a lot more even than my FGs so less pressure on my feet and they provided a bit less friction as well (which is a good thing, I've already had two knee surgeries). Unfortunately, the sole is coming off the shoe and I need to buy something else. I'm thinking of the following:

Bomba II Finale
    Mercurial Veloce AG
    CTR 360 Trequartista III AG

Any advice? I want something that will last. I was going to go with the Bombas, but I've heard they're not great in that department.

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Honestly I don't think Nike AG stud pattern is really compatible with natural grass of any sort. Think you'd be better off getting back a Puma or perhaps Adidas ones.

7. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I used CTR 360 Trequartista III AG on FG and it performed pretty good... I had no problem with them and they felt so comfortable...
    Unffortunately it was robbed... :(

8. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  9. Stegolas

Stegolas New Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi All,

Im new here. Im looking to get AG Nike CTR as Iv had these past few years in FG.
    Im wondering if the AG will be better on 3G than FG as I have bad knees so less jarring would help.
    Another option is the Nike Legends but not sure on sizing. Im a 9.5uk in CTR.....

Whats your opinions?

Thanks all.

10. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

do believe the CTR and the Legend sizings are pretty similar. honestly, your best bet would be Turf boots, although yea AG studs are definitely better than the FG ones.

11. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I am a 7US in Legends, and 7.5US in Maestris.

12. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yes. I have the Trequartistas in AG and they are great. No slipping like in TF and no getting stuck like in FG.

13. Stegolas

Stegolas New Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank you both. Prob go for CTR AG then.. But have a feeling there may be a new style or colourway soon..
    By turf boots do you mean just standards astros?

Thanks

14. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I had teh Trequartista 3 and recommend you go a half size up...

Stegolas repped this.
  15. MR21

MR21 New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Hey guys!
    I usually play indoor soccer 2 times a week and I play in artificial grass 1 time a week.For indoor I use the Puma evopower 3 tricks and in artificial grass I use the Nike Bomba finale ( the first version). And recently I have been having problems with socks.As long as I don't like long socks I use normal crew socks, i've already tried adidas and puma,and currently Im using nike but Im still having problems related to the sock grip, my socks keep sliding inside the boots and it's very annoying.I've read about these trusox,has anyone already used it?Does it worth the price?And what about the nike stadium crew socks?

16. ezekiel2517lim

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm looking for a bit of advice here fellas, my girlfriend loves her Bomba (2012) Pros, but sadly since the release of the Bomba II, the old ones are far and few between to find. I'm looking to get her a good replacement. She isn't a fan of the Bomba II (she doesn't like the colorways.....) and same goes for the Legacy AG (women....) We were looking at the Victory IV TF, but had our heart set on a AG pair. She mainly plays on 3G pitches. Does anyone know how the sizing on the Victory IV compares to the Bomba (she is a 8 US Mens)? I'm not quite sure how the TF sole plate works on 3G pitches.

17. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    If it's just the colorways of the II that she doesn't like, and not the nikeskin, then I'd suggest just getting them... There is a black/purple colorway that's not too bad (or look at Hypervenoms in AG). If it is the nikeskin, I would've suggested getting some Trequaristas in AG, but those are getting hard to find now, too. But if you can find some in her size, they're usually a really good price.

TF works fine on 3G as long as it's dry. If it gets wet, then it can get slippery.

18. ezekiel2517lim

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks Holden, the NikeSkin is not an issue, but the Phantom falls out of her price range (~$100). I think if we can't track down some old Bomb as, she'll pickup the phelon AG.

19. chaz2526

chaz2526 Member

Nov 13, 2005
  20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Didn't notice any of these..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

theres also no indoor battle pack adidas aid nova... shame as they normally feature some sort of leather upper.. I could get way with wearing indoor...

I think puma need to bring out some indoor/astro specific shoes. Instead of the crap take down versions we get in TF and indoor, and the Momentta sala shoes don't look the best..

vanjory repped this.
  21. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Adias ControlSala... new range...
    Is set to be shared on Só Chuteiras... ;)

22. 17CD

17CD Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Maidstone, Eng
    Similar to what @jayc23 wrote on the last page about the Joma Super Regate - these are a fantastic pair of indoor shoes.

I wore mine for the first time tonight and the comfort was excellent. The mesh upper really accommodates for wider-footed players and I suffered no blisters or rubbing from the upper. I was able to wear them for an hour-long game indoors.

I'm wearing these following a 10-week (ish) spell in the Elastico Finale II. They initially gave me blisters and while that went away after breaking them in, they offered little cushioning, even with new innersoles and heel gel pads.

I stuck the heel gel pads in the Regate and they gave my knees a much easier time than the Elastico.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending these. I initially bought them in my normal size (UK 6) but I had a thumb's width gap at the top. I returned those and got another pair half a size smaller and they are perfect.

23. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    they had that speed star shoes some time back which looked pretty decent.

[QUOTE="17CD, post: 30695396, member: 127547"
    I'm wearing these following a 10-week (ish) spell in the Elastico Finale II. They initially gave me blisters and while that went away after breaking them in, they offered little cushioning, even with new innersoles and heel gel pads.

I stuck the heel gel pads in the Regate and they gave my knees a much easier time than the Elastico.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending these. I initially bought them in my normal size (UK 6) but I had a thumb's width gap at the top. I returned those and got another pair half a size smaller and they are perfect.[/QUOTE]

yeap absolutely agree. I've come to realise the sizing is abit iffy, a half size down and it'd probably be too small for me, right now its abit too roomy for my liking, and the toebox is abit too high. but the comfort level is perfect and after sticking in the gel pads... just brilliant.

Glad you like em as well!

24. zhangchunqiao

zhangchunqiao New Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Hey guys. I'm new here. Just wanted to ask about sizing. I have Asics DS Light Genio 2 TF, which I got long long time ago in size 26.5 cm/US 8.5/Euro 42. This fit is perfect for me. Which size should I pick for Mizuno Morelia 2 AS (link below) ?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...98/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-MEzDKFcaM1TGoL45hjr4nA

I have not worn mizuno before, so not familiar with the fit/sizing. hope it's the right thread to ask and much thanks in advance!

25. Sctmoss

Sctmoss New Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    during the first couple of days of the world cup nike released the magista superfly ic, to my dismay the shoe was a limited edition, quick strike only available at nike.com
    When I realized the shoe was only available via nike and no longer in stock I did some searching and all the results that popped up were ebay. Since I wanted the shoe to "play" in i decided to at least look into the prices on ebay.............I must start off by saying the shoe retailed at $150, everyone had the shoe listed at $300 or higher. $150 was a bit much for a indoor shoe in my opinion but the closest i was going to get to having a magista, sorry $300 is way too much, then I started to wonder: how many people actually bought the shoe to play in it vs. how many people bought the shoe to resell it? there were at least 10 pair on ebay last week and i have no idea how many were produced. Praying nike does a random restock of that shoe