Asood Al Rafidayn Thread 2017 edition (R)

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    12/16 points they have come from beating Iraq and Thailand twice.

We are simply too inconsistent..

Iraqilambo repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    4 new players are called up for the NT:

• Sherko Karim
    • Ali Yasin
    • Ahmed Jalal
    • Hussein Ali

3. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Happy to see Sherko in the team. He's a talented player even though he can be very selfish on the ball.

4. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nice to see another player get out of the Iraqi league. Hopefully he does well.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  5. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraqipower repped this.
  6. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Very interesting article. Didn't realize Bassim Abbas retired, he was a great player in his prime, but probably should have left the national team earlier. His final games with the national team were a disaster, but it doesn't erase his history as a player.

Also happy to see that Mehdi Kareem is still going. He's probably 40 years old or close to it, and still playing. He was surprisingly solid when he was brought back to the national team before the last Asian Cup.

Yas-The-Gunner and Iraqipower repped this.
  7. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Can't believe it's been 10 years now.

Yas-The-Gunner and Suren01 repped this.
  8. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Another good article by Iraqi-Football.com about the best players from the U23 team. Link: http://www.iraqi-football.com/u23-players-to-watch-out-for

Personally I think we have to give Ayman Hussein and Hussein Ali a chance in the Thailand game. Ayman is the first Iraqi striker I've seen since Younis who is truly clinical in front of goal, and Hussein Ali is a very exciting player as well, very creative.

Suren01 repped this.
  9. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Have you heard of the news where Afghanistan and Bahrain have said that they were going to make a case against our teams because some players are over aged. It's always hard to judge players in this scenario as we dont know the actual truth. although that does not mean they shouldnt be called up to the NT.

I know for a fact that our u17 team was praised by the media for not using over aged players so that is a HUGE PLUS.

10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yaser Kasim officially announced his retirement @Iraqfpg and Iraqi Pro Players

Finally. Let's forget this guy and focus on the others that are willing to play for their country.

11. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good riddance. The national team is bigger than one player.

Suren01 repped this.
  12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    23 men squad for the Thailand & UAE games has been released:

Jalal, Nadhim, A.Abdul Ridha, Humam, Kalaf, Husni, Hammadi, Shokan, Sherko and Hassan Ali have been dropped.

Respect goes out to Basim Qasim. He even dropped his own Jawiya players. Most Iraqi coaches would favour their players.

I already like this coach :p

13. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Danm why did Husni get dropped ?

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He did nothing significant to deserve a spot in the squad. Plays for Al-Arabi in Kuwait now.

15. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's played well every time for the NT , surely he would of been useful of the bench .

16. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ali Husni would have been useful, but I'm pretty happy with the attackers that are in the team. My main issue is how Iraqi coaches continue to ignore Osama Rashid. This guy is one of the best players in his league. How is not even getting called to play friendlies? It makes no sense, especially considering we have so many problems in midfield.

Suren01, Kroosinator and Iraqipower repped this.
  17. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yea I'm sick of mentioning ' why is Osama not called up ' just don't understand it .... hopefully someone from the NT can explain .

Iraqipower repped this.
  18. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Yea and Osama is off to a great start this season, and he scored again today. Thats 3 goals in the first 3 league games, 1 in each. Crazy how he can't get a chance but amjad atwan gets continuous call ups.

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think it has something to do with the FA.

That, or Basim has plans to call him up after the qualifiers.

20. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was very busy in last a few months and was not able to follow football that much. That is why I did not post Bashar Rasan move to Perspolis here. His first game was the last game against Al Ahli in ACL. He did very well in that game.

Suren01, Iraqilambo and Iraqipower repped this.
  21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The National Football team, Harambee Stars, is set to play two friendly matches away, against Iraq and Thailand on October 5 and October 8, 2017, respectively

The first match against Iraq is set to be played at the Basra Stadium in Iraq while the venue for the second match will be confirmed in due course

http://footballkenya.org/harambee-stars-iraq-thailand-friendlies/

Iraqipower, Iraqilambo and Suren01 repped this.
  22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Confirmed today by FIFA.

Good friendly. Will be the first time we'll see our full strength team (including expats) in Basra :)

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway