Asics Boot Thread- Everything Asics posted here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by kiongsm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  2. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow! i really like those. any idea on the asics injector 2010? those look really nice as well but i bet they're a bit heavier.

another boot that i like from asics is the DS genio model. looks compact and light. does anyone know if they are leather or synthetic?

3. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    the injector 2010 is a full k-leather boot, removable SPeva insole, suede-type ankle/heel lining, long extended foldover tongue, doubled-stitched quilted vamp, has a narrow fitting forefoot, very similar sizing/fitting to a copa mundial, made in Japan.....another top quality classic boot from asics

the DS Genio is as worn by Shinji Ono (currently with VFL Bochum in the Bundesliga), K-leather forefoot + microfibre quarter, external heel counter, removable SPeva insole, a very light boot, the silver/blue is best color to me, but the shop above cannot supply it :(

go to the rakuten link abv and type "asics ds light genio" at the left search box

the C3 is superb, i just received the item today

sizing is weird....i ordered 25.5cm which is a US6.5 EU39.5 :confused:

fitting was just about right

4. noelbati

noelbati Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Sacramento Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    so i just ordered some brand new asics lethal tigreor azuli's for 50 sterling but i wanted to know what the sizing was. last year when i got my asics tigreor IT, which were the older model tigreor's they were a little big. so this year i got some asics ds lethal's which were too small. i just wanted to know, do you think the sizing for the newer tigreor's is slightly smaller than the older model tigreor's?

5. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    YES,

i got the tigreor it (2005/2006) blue/white in UK6.0 US7.0 JP25.0

but the Lethal Tigreor IT (azuli blue) is in UK6.5 US7.5 JP25.5

Great boot, especially the Firm Ground version which is perfect for hard, dry and less grass pitches

6. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    kiongsm, my size in cm is 26.0. I may take your advice and order those DS genio light, do you think i should get my normal size which is a 26.0cm, or do they run different?

is the Lethal Tigreor IT a leather or synthetic boot?

i need another pair of boots b/c my morelias are destroyed and my shinkens i use 2-3X a week on turf which will not be great for them. i was thinking DS light genio or Morelia EL/UL but if the Tigreors are leather I may go for them as they are a little cheaper and I like the blue.

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    is your morelia in 26cm?

for me i'm on 25.5 in the morelia, asics C3, lethal tigreor

ds light genio has the same sizing as the lethal tigreor and C3, but the width is slightly narrower, but same length

the lethal tigreor comes in 2 version - microfibre (TSI201-5801) n' k-leather (TSI200-5801)

you may want to check out the rakuten international shipping to look for the best deal.....a number of shops are offering the DS Light Genio n' Tigreor at good prices

http://search.borderless.rakuten.co...rue&vm=2&sm=0&st=0&v=0&tl=402099&tt=101070&k=

good luck

8. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thanks kiong appreciate the response. a few questions if you don't mind. sorry for being a pain!

my morelia and shinken are both 26cm, and I like the way both of them fit. If the DS Light Genio is a little narrow (i have really wide foot) I may just go for the UL/EL, as I am very happy with my Morelia, but I've been playing more as a forward lately for my club so I may try out a very light boot.

do you know of this boot personally? http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_...322bfa31842c33c8bff17cb66bf7&products_id=9248 that price is very good, and the studs look very good for turf so I may just get it anyway and they have my size too. great look to the boot as well.

p.s. that silver/blue asics DS light genio is pure class

9. noelbati

noelbati Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Sacramento Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    i have the ds lethals currently and they are great boots. the studs are particularly very appealing to me. they have toe studs that are very hard to find and allow the best acceleration. they are pretty much like the lethal tigreor's minus the rubber vamps on the upper. they are very light boots and i believe they are full grain leather uppers.

10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    ok so i want to order a pair of the C3s and and pair of ds light genios

i wear an 8 in the lethal tigreor. and 6.5 in copas (US sizes)

I normally wear size 7 in kangeroo cleats

11. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    quick question...is a 26.0cm in asics also 7UK like it is in Mizuno? i'm gonna order those lethal DS tonight but I don't know how they run. thx!

12. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i don't hv the lethal DS (those on offer at PDS?)

i suppose the fitting is same as the lethal tigreor it

yes, 26.0cm is UK7.0

13. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    oh, i see.....no offer fr PDS on these, yeah

well, hope it fits well

cheers

15. RICHan

RICHan New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Best position for tigreors

Hi I play wing/ wingback/ defensive mid,
    speed and power type player,
    which would be better, the lethal tigreors or the lethal DS?
    Currently rotate between vapor 3, 4 and sl when on wings/ wingback,
    use laser 2s in DM but I like the feel of asics shoes in general, which I use for running and cross training, so I was thinking of getting some asics cleats
    don't care too much about touch because I believe cleats don't affect it too much, as it's mostly the player

16. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: Best position for tigreors

i don't hv the lethal DS, but the lethal Tigreor is definitely the better boot as it is a top range asics boot

the distinctive feature of the tigreor is the extra panel (like those in the predators and mizuno wave shinken) which improves power, accuracy, and swerve

both have the same soleplate

i personally prefer the tigreor for the color/looks and of course its comfort and lightweight

i don't think you would hv much regret over the tigreor

the sizing in UK is very similar to the nike laser II.....i m in uk6.5 in both (i tried out the laser II in the shop as i don't hv nike boots)

good luck

ps: u might want to check out the link below....some shop are offering the tigreor at half-price!

http://search.borderless.rakuten.co...&sm=0&st=0&v=0&tt=101070&k=&lc=true&tl=302254

http://search.borderless.rakuten.co...rue&vm=2&st=0&v=0&tl=402099&tt=101070&k=&sm=1

17. RICHan

RICHan New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    thanks,
    i just bought the tigreors from some store in australia
    still waiting for shipping though

quick question,
    do they make lethal ds in a K-leather version?

18. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i dont think so

but they do hv the k-leather tigreor in japan selling at 21,000-yen!

if i may ask, where r u from ?

19. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    i ordered a pair of white/red genio a few days ago.
    i wanted to get a silver/blue pair which looks much much better imo.
    however, i had about 40% off deal on white/red colorway.

will post pics when i get it, but i guess it might take some time.

20. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    oh i also have tigreor it, which is older model of lethal tigreor, for sale.
    if anyone is interested you can go to swapshop to check pics and let me know.

21. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    great!

may i know which shop u ordered from?

how much do they charge for postage? Your location?

if they sent via EMS, usually it's within 4 - 5 days

let me know how's the sizing/fitting is like

yeah, the silver/blue is really class!!!

since it is just being released, it might be next spring b4 it's on offer

22. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    i bought it from the personal seller on yahoo japan auction, not from a company.
    i'm not sure how much he will charge for shipping, gotta wait until he finds out.
    yeh, he's gonna send it via EMS.

i will post details when i get the shoes.
    if i really like genio over morelia,
    i might look for another deal to get those silver ones!

23. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    I'd like to see Asics C3 personally.
    I'm considering Asics C3 or Adidas Adipure JP,
    but those two models look kinda similar.
    both are very classic looking with superb leather quality.
    hmm..tempting..

24. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    the asics c3 is a fantastic classic boot incorporating some advance features

the insoles is superbly comfortable and very good to absorb shock

the upper full k-leather is one of the softest and comfortable i'd seen/experience

the toe box is very snug to improve ball feel

the outsole seems more suitable for grassy/firm/soft good pitches

the lightweight is also another good point

any japanese made/hand crafted boots is definitely worth the value/price

check out:
    http://search.borderless.rakuten.co....l=en&sp.pf=&sp.pt=&sp.tt=101070&sp.tl=302254

http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd...em=asics+c3&f=A&nitem=&g=201813&min=&max=&p=0

so far, sportsguide offers the lowest/best price.....i got a pair from them a few weeks ago.....via EMS....in 3 days time

nonetheless, has yet to try it out on the pitch.....will report on the performance when i play with it

ps: the japanese adipure HG is now on sale at many store, u might want to check it out too....yeah.....it does look great!
    http://search.borderless.rakuten.co...pf=9000&sp.pt=11000&sp.tt=101070&sp.tl=302255

25. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Kiongsm,

yeh, of course, i've already checked all them. haha.
    i cant keep my eyes away from them. lol.

i was just saying that i wanted to see them personally.
    did you really get a pair of C3?
    why dont you post your pics???? i want to see them.
    especailly front of shoes, inside heels for what material is used, and insoles.
    could you please?