Asiancup

Discussion in 'China' started by asiancupupdate, Jun 25, 2007.

1. asiancupupdate

asiancupupdate New Member

Jun 25, 2007
  2. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007
    NT coach Zhu Guanghu is emotional during press conference, insisting on taking full responsibility.

朱广沪情绪激动地阐述了两点,第一,两年多来,他的工作没有受到任何干扰,用他自己的话说就是“完全一个人说了算”;第二,本届亚洲杯赛,他希望能够承担一切责任,不希望有任何一点点的声音去影响球员们在球场上的发挥。

http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2007-06-25/18373001559.shtml

3. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    I think he has always said he wants to be the "stepping stone" for Chinese football. It sounds humble and honest but also shows how confident he is.

4. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007

Zhu is very confident. He has said he would step down if China failed to make it to the final four.

5. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We will be glad to hear that :p

6. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zhu is a good guy. Hard-working and responsible, but not good enough to be the NT coach.

7. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Speaking of the Asian Cup - Seb - did the AFC approve your press credentials yet?

8. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    im waiting for the security ivestigation. AFC said they gonna send me an email, if im authorize or not so just waiting, but in firts i get the email for approval, just need this thing.

9. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    so Seb, are going to fly to KL, Malaysia when they approve ur credentials?. or are you already in the region.

i look foward to ur updates! :D

10. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    1st i need to see if i can have the paper, 2nd i will need to fly over ther, but that is not a pb. in case i can't go overthere i will go to rotterdam anyway

11. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    that's good. we hope u will get approved. in the mean time, prepare urself, for the heat, lol. Maybe bring some banners along.

12. Nova.

Nova. New Member

May 13, 2007
  13. raison

raison New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    i think china squad will lose to iran and make 2nd in group D and meet and win saudi arabia in group c, thus make it to the quarter-final, when encountering australia or japan in the semi-final, we will get a game-over

14. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    good draw!! Against Saudis we rarely lose. They are afraid of our speed.

15. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We havent played the Saudis in a competitive match in a while tho...

16. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  17. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    It's true. But I think Saudis still play the Brazilian style, more technical than physical. From what I saw in the last world cup, Saudis still have problems playing against speedy and physical side.

18. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
  19. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007
    He hasn't done very well with all the friendlies no doubt. But he's showing flexibility and seems to have picked a good squad this time. Let's see how good he does when it counts.

20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Can this really be called confidence? With his recent performances combined with China's success the last time around, anything less than a semifinals appearance and I think its a foregone conclusion that Zhu will be fired...

I was considering going over for the group stages, but due to visa issues and my mother's travel plans, I'm stuck watching in China (though I will definitely be posting and possibly blogging on them)...That said, if China advances, I may have to make the trip over for the later rounds...

21. Nova.

Nova. New Member

May 13, 2007
    I'm pretty China will advance at least pass the group stage.

22. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007

Either way I'm pumped. Haven't seen China with its best squad for a while. Now I'm hoping Zhu would actually let Dong play Hao Haidong's position.

23. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    The way Dong has played recently, he better step things up or he'll play the role of bench warmer...

24. Nova.

Nova. New Member

May 13, 2007
    What's up with Dong recently especially during the game aganist the World All-Stars? Slacking off?