Asian Youth Championship: China vs Saudi Arabia (R)

Discussion in 'China' started by teamdragon, Oct 3, 2010.

1. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Zhou Botong you're a staunch supporter of Chinese soccer and I'm all for that. And I hate to sound like CFF because he's a buddy of mine and I don't want people to confuse the two of us, but at this point it looks to me like Singapore has better chance to qualify the next WC finals than China.

1 person likes this.
  2. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Can't comprehend that. It's not as though I don't know anything about Singapore soccer. Maybe there is something deep. Care to explain?

And who's CFF??:confused:

3. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

You don't know who CFF is? Then sorry we've lost all reason to discuss this further. Sort of like discussing philosophy with someone who doesn't even know Plato. What for? :D

4. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Ha Ha where is your compassion? You don't even want to enlighten an ignorant old man? :eek:

5. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I think he referred to a poster here called Chinese Football Fan.

6. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

老顽童说声谢谢

7. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007

[font=&quot]那里、那里!:)[/font]

8. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    一定一定. 我也要说声谢谢! :)

9. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    [font=&quot]为什么?[/font]

10. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    [font=&quot]为什么[/font]不?

11. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    [font=&quot]为什么要?[/font]

12. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    [font=&quot]为什么[/font]不[font=&quot]要?[/font]

13. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    FIFA must be jesting too.
    [​IMG]

Singapore drew 1 - 1 with the Philippines in last year's ASEAN Championship.
    No disrespect meant but have you ever heard of Philippines soccer?
    Well actually they have improved, I mean Philippines not Singapore.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i heard of phil younghusband and neil ethridge
    and lionel lewis and indra sahdan. :D

15. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Good that you mentioned Lionel Lewis and Indra Sahdan, (both Singaporeans for those who do not know). They are not only good players but also disciplined off and on the field. Rare nowadays. Don't know whether there are any 乖仔 in Chinese Super League.

Phil Younghusband and Neil Ethridge are Philippine players and practically unknown in S.E. Asia until the Asean Championships last year. You probably know Neil because he plays (or played) for Charlton. But the four names you mentioned suggest your interest goes beyond mainstream soccer.

I always look at past records. Nothing in the immediate or distant past suggests Singapore can qualify where China can't. But one thing I have noticed is that China senior soccer team seems to freeze somewhat when playing Singapore. But this has nothing to do with WC qualification.

Philippines has never been Asian Champions whether in Asian Cup or Asian Games soccer. You could have mixed up soccer with basketball. Philippines was Asian basketball power until China rejoin Asian Basketball Confedration in 1975. China has dominated since then. The fact that Philippines was a former American colony had influenced their love for basketball. I guess the reason why it has lost its former glory in the game is because its economy has gone south since the fall of Marcos in 1986. Philippines last won the Asian Championships in 1985. Coincidence??