Asian U-20 Championships

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by DennisM, Oct 14, 2002.

1. crap

crap New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    The singaporean referee lacked neutrality and professionalism, in my opinion. He dismissed a valid penalty claim that should have been given to Korea.

2. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Oh saudi came in third after beating UZbekistan :)
    4:0 is the score, and Essa got the top scorrer of the tournament award.

The Uzbeks did everything but score.

I'm not realy keen on this squad, it has some good players, but it remainds me of the squad our current NT played in when they were U19. They did not win any asian cups for the U19, nor for the U17. Unless we get back to beating top asian teams, I don't think we will see any improvents in the WC level.

3. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Sounds like a hard-fought win. Good job for Korea. Too bad for Japan losing again, but it's pretty good for a side that was considered crap just before the Asian games (ie getting demolished by Jubilo during a friendly) to finally look like it can play with the big boys.

4. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    wow 4-0 win over Uzbekistan.
    saudi players have very good individual skills, probably best in AFC.(Im not exaggerating)
    Still Saudi football association dont allow their players to play on abroad?

5. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Congrats to Korea for winning this title for 10th time! That's a truly remarkable accomplishment... also congrats to Japan for a match well played (and remember, there's still the world championship next yr, and the feat of 1999 can very well repeat again). Man, Doha is really an unlucky place for Japanese football though, isn't it...

6. crap

crap New Member

Oct 29, 2002
  7. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    You are confused in the fact that this team in Asian U-20 Championship was U-19. The team that was bashed by fans and beaten by Iwata was our U-21 team.