Asian Cup Quarterfinals: Korea vs Iran [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by K_19, Jul 28, 2004.

1. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Silence Idiot...

Don't make me take away ur ************ anime now homo-chan...

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Don't Japan have to play in Oman as well? :) True that Korea has to play Lebanon and Vietnam away as well, but I don't think it'd be as hard as playing against Oman (seeing how pumped they are now). But Iran... Yeah. It'll be quite tough, hm.

But I have to disagree with some of my compatriots here - our rival isn't just Iran. It's any team in Asia that could cause us some trouble, and at the moment quite a few teams are more than capable of that.

3. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm not too sure though, I think Lee Yong-Pyo's excessive over-lapping also caused major problems. With him joining in the attack there was a space created in the left side, and it was exploited to death by Madhavikia - and Kim Jin Kyu couldn't do anything about that. It did get better in the 2nd half when Lee actually stayed back to help out with the defence, but by then the damage was already done. Of course the coach should've noticed that and done something about it, I guess.

4. gongcheoga

gongcheoga New Member

May 4, 2004
    I'm right with you on this Elliad. Kim Jin-kyu wasn't playing in Lee Young-pyo's position. Lee was in his own position, just not playing it well. Essentially, Lee was still deployed as a wingback. He just wasn't, as in the World Cup team, keeping an eye on what happens when the opposition get the ball. His play has got sloppy, and if he's got the brains I think he has, he'll realise he played a stinker and left Kim Jin-kyu exposed repeatedly. Lee loves to attack, but in the formation Bonfrere used, his defensive role is just as important.
    Bonfrere should have noticed in the first 10 minutes what was happening, and told Lee to be on his guard.

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Haha, man. Apparently that last goal by Iran was yet another own-goal by Kim Jin-Kyu... yeah, that poor 19 year old defender who had a horrid match. Not made official, but the video examination showed that Karimi's foot didn't touch the ball.

So in that last match Korea actually scored 5 goals, and still lost, heh, some game :)

6. Carbon

Carbon New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    LA

whatever makes you feel better bro. :cool:

7. shahram

shahram New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi,
    Does anyone has the video of the following games in collection, if so please kindly let me know:
    1- Any games Iran played during 1972 AFC Championship in Thailand
    2- Any games Iran played during 1976 AFC Championship in Tehran
    3- Any games Iran played during 1980 AFC Championship in Kuwait
    4- Any games Iran played during 1970 Asian Olympic Games in Bangkok
    5- Any games Iran played during 1974 Asian Olympic Games in Tehran
    6- Any games Iran played during 1982 Asian Olympic Games in New Delhi
    Hopefully there are some Old Asian Games Collectors here who could help.

8. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    woho
    so this is the infamous persiantiger eh?

lol talk about a thread bump btw
    This thing's a decade old almost