Asian Cup Quarterfinals: Korea vs Iran [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by K_19, Jul 28, 2004.

1. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    fixed your post

2. Carbon

Carbon New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    LA
    excuses.

at least most of the koreans here are not sore losers like you.

:cool:

3. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    And we all know that this is in fact not Iran's strongest team. 3 Defenders suspened. One whiny, tosspit in Germany that plays for Bayern whining. Two heros in Azizi and Navidkia missing.

4. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    HAHA, sure we are not better. funny stuff mate.

5. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    I don't like the tone of your voice
    Fu<k You! :D

6. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000

Hey toohyper, why don't you look up where the word soccer was invented...by the English. BTW0 that's in Europe.

7. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Still mad?

THE KKK got you

Karimi

[​IMG]

Kia, Mehdi

[​IMG]

Kaebi

[​IMG]

8. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea

Hope you were high when you wrote this. Never thought this kind of words would come out from you, I-S.

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Agreed.

He's just got his adrenaline rushing that's all, Wu. We all know we should expect more from I-S :)

10. cakrabirawa

cakrabirawa Member

Jul 31, 2004
    white house
    well I am Indonesian but Karimi always my fav player..

Karimi rocks'

[​IMG]

11. Ali Karimi

Ali Karimi New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Thank you for your nice selection! Iranian's Hero is The best Of Asia! I'm crying for Koreans.

12. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

I have a Q for you, what makes japanese football improved so fast in recent years, and has this sport take over baseball as a number one sport in Japan ?

13. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

Why the Korean finished 4th at the last WC while Iran wasn't even qualified ?

14. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Excuses?

No other nation in the world can beat Iranians when it comes to making excuses after a loss. Sorry, I hate to say like this but that's the truth.

Iranians created all sort of conspiracy theories when they failed to qualify for the 2002 WC after a loss against Bharain.

Iranians never stop sending a petition to AFC and FIFA because they think those organizations are handicapping them.

Just looking at this Asian Cup, they think the AFC are using all the methods available, such as banning two Iranian players/ putting an Arab ref in a match Iran played, in order to stop Iran from winning this tournament. In my honest opinion, Iran is the one that got benefited the most out of 16 particpating nations in this tournament. "If the ref who officiated Iran-Oman match hadn't missed the incident, where Nosrati stomped on an Omani player, he wouldn't have scored the equaliser and Iran wouldn't have advanced to QF." "If the ref who officiated Korea-Iran match had been careful enough, Mahdavikia would have received a yellow for diving and his freekick wouldn't have been converted to a winning goal and Iran wouldn't have won that match." Did the Koreans or Omanis broach this subject? No, instead, they were sending congrats to Iranians!

I hope China or Japan, our E.A neighbours, beat Iran, should they face each other. Not because I want them to win since Iran beat my beloved country, Korea but becasue I really want to see how Iranians will react after they lose. You see, they have never accepted the loss, that had been the typical Iranians from the way I saw them.

Please don't take this with a grain of salt, I am just an outsider who thinks Iran will perform much better than they do, if they change their attitude a little bit. Iranians have so much talents in this sports, yet you have been wasting it until this moment, just for the little piece of "pride".

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he's got a point, atleast Japan made some noise in the WC too.

Same thing is gonna happen, Iranians are gonna not gonna even qualify for WC 06 so they should enjoy this moment as much as possible.

And there is a reason why Iranian is not even on the olympics...

16. Xerxes84

Xerxes84 New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Oh no, u're dead wrong, of course We're gonna qualify count on that!

Does anyone got the highlights of this exciting match? Please upload it!!

17. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Here's my take on our football:

1. Professionalism

JFA has recognized the importance of professionalism. The creation of the J-League is the most important factor affecting our football. The league structures, stadia, players' skills, club finances, fan support, media coverage, youth development systems, coaching... The Japanese soccer community has invested so much money and time in everything related to soccer.

2. Globalization

Soccer is a global sport, or THE global sport. IMHO global economic integrations have something to do with the growth of soccer in Japan. Of course, hosting the World Cup benefited pro clubs in cities like Niigata, Oita, and Sendai.

Also, things pretty much sucked in the '90s. The success of the soccer national team has encouraged many people.

No, baseball is still the no.1 sport, but soccer is a close second. The Central and Pacific leagues are on the verge of a contraction (merger) due to financial difficulties of big corporations that own teams. Skipshady started a thread on this topic, I think. Baseball fans are so pissed off at this mess. Soccer people are doing a better job.

18. cakrabirawa

cakrabirawa Member

Jul 31, 2004
    white house
    'Man.. ;) U should register at PFDC alot interisting info about iranian football
    like this highlights link

http://individual.utoronto.ca/pendar/IranvsKorea.asf

19. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I don't remember Koreans being this arrogant and graceless after qualifying for the Olympics - even after all that trash-talk from all three sides (China, Korea and Iran), and when Korea won all their matches without even conceding a goal we were relatively quiet... Bleh. While I know that not all Iranian posters are like that, it's getting tiring to read how some posters seem to repeat themselves over and over, with their head getting bigger and bigger each time.

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Nah

Iranians are relatively humble. When they beat us for the Busan Asian Games, they closed their mouths. After their trash talking for the Olympics, and after their elimination, they kept their grounds and kept their mouths shut. They got class and know how to say "Good game".

BEAT JAPAN!

21. Xerxes84

Xerxes84 New Member

Jul 15, 2004
  22. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    That is true to a certain degree, but i'm afraid you got it wrong. I would say Iranians act most drastically after controversial matches, creating excuses after those types of matches (like Iran vs. Bahrain).

Can you say that every time Iran loses we come up with petitions and etc. with some proof? I think it would be very hard for you to do so. For controversial matches, I agree, such things happen. However, you are absolutely wrong saying Iranians can't take a loss.

Based on this thread and previous matches, I could make the argument that it is actually the Koreans who can't take a loss.

Yes, we might have benefited the most from the Bahraini refs mistake, but when did the Iranian fans ever complain about the ref of the match? I check PFDC and ISP everyday and I never saw a complaining about the Bahraini ref. There was some noise about the first goal, but it quickly disappeared after the goal was proven onside.

I think you are mistaking Arab fans for Iranian fans. Dubai sports and just about every other Arab station started reporting the fact that the Bahraini ref has Iranian roots and made it out to be like he was purposely taking Iran's side because his grand-parents or whatever are Iranian...

What the Iranian fans were complaining about was the harsh suspensions imposed on Iranian players, which they felt were too harsh. Another thing that sent the fans off was how fast the decisions were made. What flamed those complaints even more were acts like when the Bahraini player did an elbow drop on an Uzbek player, when the Japanese player punched Karimi in the jaw (to which everyone here brought an excuse for: "I'm sure Karimi did something to patronize him". Ya, Karimi did do something...he schooled him), and other things i dont feel like bringing up which went un-noticed by the AFC.

In conclusion, Iranian fans felt like TM was being made into a sacrificial lamb. Personally, I agree with that to a certain degree and I also disagree with that to a certain degree. Let me just say that Nosrati is known for having a calm and cool composure and never playing dirty, which is why *some* people simply could not accept that he stomped Ali on purpose (even though it's obvious that such sensitive games can make players lose their composure and perform such actions).

Actually, the excuse of Kia diving was brought up several times here, and I can only imagine how many times it was brought up in Korean forum. Several Koreans gave congrats and I really thank them for that. This couldn't have been such a great match if their team wasn't a part of it. However, you also have those who said "ya good win Iran, but who was it that went to olymics" and etc. Can I now make a post regarding them, and therefore make the ones who congratulated us look bad?

Actually, what this is telling me is that you yourself have not accepted the loss from Iran.

"Oh, we didn't care about this tournament anyway"
    "We were with our B- (or C+ or whatever else you guys say) team"
    "Congratulations, but I just want to know who got 4th in WC last time..."

And other such comments which can only come from certain fans. Even your comment saying that "i hope 'x' and 'y' defeat Iran so I can see how Iranian fans react" is a sore loser comment.

You see, when we lost in the Olympic Qualifiers, you heard none of this crap. Every Iranian congratulated Korea and even Hossein Faraki (who took over after MayeliKohan screwed up) raised the Korean coaches before the game in Korea. And you say we can't take a loss?

[​IMG]

Thanks for your opinions...

23. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Stop being a sore loser.

24. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I guess all the people trying to brush this victory off as nothing got to me... :eek:

25. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Iran played pretty well, they didn't play well in their last 3 games, but this one they deserved to win, so i dont see why you should say that we played with our subsituites, or we dont care about this cup, thats just some lame reasons.