Asian Cup - Iraq vs. China [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by ForzaGrifo, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Agree. Our players are too aloof and lack passion and we need a coach who can whip up their emotions. I've never seen a Chinese player cried after a lost or disappointing performance, but I've seen lots of Japanese, Koreans, and Italians do. Those guys have so much passion and they live or die with football.

Our players, especially the older ones, tend to think mediocrity is enough as long as they keep getting the fat paychecks and fame. That is why I'm in favour of bringing in more young kids like Lu Lin to the NT because they play with a sort of passion lacking in the old guys.

2. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    That's why I like independent girls. They can do their own things while we men watch our weekly required dosage of football.

Zhu's lineup was a disaster waiting to happen. 3 DMFs, a defender (Zhang Yaokun) and an OMF (Tao Wei) playing wingbacks?

The result was not surprising. We had absolutely zero offense from the flanks. How many crosses did we have? Couldn't remember we had even 1 effective cross.

It doesn't matter if Shi Jun played or Gao Lin played. Our forwards had no suppport from midfield. Even if Ronaldo played up front we wouldn't have scored.

This shows Zhu is a mediocre coach at best. Those with mediocre ambitions will only acheive mediocrity.

Of course Iraq are no pushovers. They're probably better than us in overall skills and football sense. The fact that we are so weak made them seem stronger than they really are.

I don't know about you but I thing I don't understand about Zhu, and this is a very crucial point, is that why he advocates such a fast pace of the game for China, when clearly the skills of the players are unable to cope with such fast pace?

Rarely do I see we string more than 3 consecutive passes together (except when back or lateral passing between defenders at our own half). On most occasions, we advanced the ball by either long ball from the back by-passing the midfield, or by quick or one-touch passes which are so quick that either our players have trouble controlling it, the passes were inaccurate, or lack of player movement meant the passes were unable to open up any space. The result is devastating as we have seen in recent games as it is extremely difficult to generate scoring chances on open play.

If I were the coach I would start by slowing down the offensive tempo, stressing on logical and reasonable player movement, thus improving on QUALITY OF PASSING. I would try to keep passing success rate above 70%. Right now we're probably at less than 40% which is pathetic.