Asian Cup - China vs Palestine [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by happy, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    LOL...LOL...LOL

But seriously, Southerners DO seem to be more analytical when it comes to football. Just look at the TV commentators. Guys like He Fei on Guangdong TV will analyze the heck out of every football match that he does. On the other hand every time I watch CCTV 5 I'll be bored to death with the lack of indepth and incisive analysis by the Northern commentators.

2. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    That is precisely the reason why I'm very very worried our NT.

Palestine is obviously out of the league but we only managed a 2 nil win. Not a good sign at all.

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I totally agree

We lose to Hondorus, a mediocre team and only beat Palestine 2-0.

That might have a lot to do with the fact that the Chinese NT since getting knocked out of WCQ haven'ts played a lot of meaningful games. the EAFF was basically our B- team and all these other friendlies, the Chinese NT basically trained together for 1 week and went on a tour. I can't possibly expect our team to improve that way.

Basically, throughout this Asian Cup qualifiers, we will be playing inferrior teams and even if we beat them, we won't improve our team. During the Asian Cup, our true test will be against Saudi, Japan, Iran and South Korea. The rest of the matches won't mean much.

4. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i watched all the match since the WCY in netherland, and i didn't pay that much attention, but tonite against a so poor team was like the nose on the middle of the face. and ill repeat again the palestinian GK made a great game he save his team two or three time !!!

5. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    what about Zhou Haibin ??? what do u think about him?

6. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Actually he is doing well in League matchs~ but In the NT~ after he got injured before 2004 AC~ he has no impreesive performance in the NT yet

7. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Regardless of your sarcasm or lack there of, you have to realize your punk ass bitch, boy Li Yi was booed and jeered by the entire Guangzhou crowd for the whole match, and he freaking plays in Shenzhen.

Today's match showed two things:
    1. Dong Fangzhuo is the future of Chinese football.
    2. Shenhua scored two goals today.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Tobias Linderoth was never frozen out of the first team like Li Tie.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Erm...Tobias Linderoth never truly settled in Everton, thats why he didn't start.

As for Li Tie, he's been unlucky...he still hasn't regained match fitness after his 2? injuries. It's a shame really, but in the reserves, he hasn't played well either, so why would we put him in the first team when even he can't perform in the reserves? :confused:

10. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

1. Let's hope you are right
    2. Shenhua players will always score, that's a given, so don't even need to mention it.

With respect to Li Yi.

Well, we didn't lose today, so it's kinda pointless to slam him. But you are right, there are other strikers that could be used.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    It is close, but its still a B team. I would argue that Liu Yunfei is probably the starting keeper, though Li has been getting lots of starts under Zhu. Defense were the typical starters. Our midfield, with the exception of Li Tie, was not our typical starters. Dayu is our starting forward, over Li Yi, but he's been out injured and Dong is between the two. It had some regulars and maybe players who will become regulars, but most of them weren't...

12. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    First, Tao Wei better than Shao?? You're having a laugh! Tao is more of an attacking midfielder, a different position than Shao usually plays. Pure skills, I take Shao anyday, the advantage that Tao might have is that he's a more creative, impromptu sort of player, something that China is badly lacking.

I don't see Sun as a midfielder, I'm sorry. In a 4-4-2, he can play on the wing, in a lineup like today, there are issues. Sun IS NOT FAST! What gave you that impression? As a defender, he's great at pushing up, getting into the offense, and making a play or two. When you put him in the midfield, its a whole different story. Despite the fact he's been playing right wing for City, don't forget that isn't his natural position, and he's punching above his weight. When I think of the prototypical winger, Sun is far from what I think of. He isn't very fast and he isn't very offensive minded (for a midfield wing), he lacks that striking sense. You want a real good Asian winger, look on the red side of Manchester at Park, THAT is a winger. I don't know what happened between 2004 and today, but during AC04, Yan Song looked like our version of Park, a true winger, a speedster who could go forward. When Sun goes forward so much, a lot of the time he looks forced, and that's when he's prone to make the errors that he's made from time to time at City.

2 more points: greenlion, didn't Zhou Haibin play some of the AC04 games for us? He's a decent player who deserves a shot...

On Li Yi: I am not a big fan of his, but he's not that bad. You have to go back a long way to think of a great Chinese forward (maybe Hao 10 years ago?), but perhaps Dong will turn out to be the "chosen one." Anyways, that has nothing to do with Li Yi, does it? But I guess that China doesn't really have many options up front, its a lesser of evils and so you play Li and rest the injured (?) Chen Tao for Iraq. Just like I don't like it when China fans blow too much smoke up a player's arse, I don't like it when we're so quick to jump on somebody. Li Yi isn't great, but the alternatives for today's game (assuming Chen Tao wasn't going to play) weren't much better.

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Chill Chengbo I was only joking. :D

Tao Wei has good ball control. Shao is scared off the ball. With so few players with good ball control, this NT needs a true play maker, like Wu Weian, Zheng Zhi, or even Tao Wei, in the middle. Shao is not that person. The proper position for Shao is Chen Tao's position, right behind the strikers. I don't want to say who is better, but in today's game, between Tao Wei and Shao, definitely Tao.

Sun................. you must be kidding me Chengbo. Have you watched any of his NT games?

Li Yi is not bad on paper. Tall and big with good speed, except he simply can't find the net. Now in my book that's the capital sin for a striker. One year or two may be a fluke. But this guy hasn't scored one goal in the last ten years and he's the starting striker for the NT? :D

OK half joking. :D

14. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

I know, that CCTV commentator sounded so dumb he's giving his profession a bad name. Extremely inconsiderate too. When he signed off today he rambled on and on about some nonsense while not once thanked the guest host. Embarrassing. Where do they train these people?

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Singapore defeated Iraq 2-0 today. Looks like China is in the group of death. :D

Seriously, I share the worries of some of you here. The direction of this NT is still very unclear.

16. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Put it this way, if we want China to be competitive in the World and not just Asia, then our B team should kill Palestine 4-0 at home and our A team should win 6-0

On the road, our B team should beat Palestine 3-0 and our A team should beat them 4-0.

If we are beating them 2-0 at home with our B+ team, how do you expect China to perform against the rest of the World????

I guess we should never criticize victories, but I have high expectations for China NT. China NT did not miss World Cup, it missed World Cup Qualifications, that's embarrasing. This team has to shape up. It must start by dominating these inferior Asian Teams. Now, inferior Asian Teams would be considered ameature teams in the eyes world class football teams.

17. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey relax ... we are not brazil and thats the type of chinese soccer fan atitude that I just hate... where do you get the idea we should beat Palestine 4-0 which part of our history has shown we are a power in asia?

We are not a power and no we didnt miss the world cup qualification, you cant possibly miss it unless you dont pay FIFA fees...

2-0 is fine for a team full of players in a league that hasnt started.

Granted I havent finished the whole game so I cant really comment on how they played... but come on dude Korea beat Syria 3-1 and thats the World cup semifinalist and past asian cup winner... its ok lets just celebrate 3 points and next game we get 3 more!!

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I understand where you're coming from, but I think we all WANT China to become a power in Asia and so I can understand those who are unhappy. Hey, I predicted 4-0, I didn't see any of the game, so I can't say very much, but with the penalty, would have been 3-0, close enough. For those that saw the game, did Li Yi do anything? I was hoping he'd redeem himself, at least be the one that got the pk, but reading sinosoc, I guess it was Tao Wei.

On Sun: I've seen all of his games from WC02-AC04, I do admit I haven't seen anything since, though I have seen the majority of his games for City this year (including one live). Granted in that time (WC02-AC04), Sun didn't play much for the MNT so my view mostly comes from seeing him play for City, which is, quite possibly, much harder competition than the MNT's that China faces. However, based on what I've seen, I stand by my opinion.

I haven't seen much of Wu Wei'an, but the fact no CSL team has shown interest, I'm really curious why (and why you southerners love him). In today's formation, I think Shao's best position would be alongside Li Tie in central midfield, you know Li will go back and play defense, freeing up Shao to be more offensive, I don't see the position Tao played as appropriate for Shao. Haha, I guess that position in mid would be where Zheng Zhi or Zhao Junzhe would play, so I guess there really isn't a "natural" position for Shao in the formation Zhu used today. Perhaps for the short term the attacking midfield position should go between Tao Wei and Chen Tao. As I said, Shao is better on pure skill, but Tao is more the kind of player China needs, one of the few players in Chinese soccer with "flair". He's 27, though, so he's only a stopgap, hopefully Chen will be able to take up that position full time.

Ultimately, I agree with fevernova, I'm happy with 3 points, any way we got them. I'll be in China for the game against Iraq, can't wait to report from the motherland! :D

I'm ignoring this board for the next few hours, though, I finally have time to watch Arsenal's CL cup tie (gotta love Tivo) and am praying for success...

19. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Awesome! How much is a EPL game ticket? I assume thats where you watched Sun Jihai? And cheer hard for China vs Iraq!! We need to cruise thru this and give Dong his caps so he can play for UTD or go on loan to a EPL team sooner than later!!

20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I still don't see Dong starting for United, maybe on the reserve team or for cup play or something, but United's forward situation is set. Rooney's younger (if only by a few months than Dong) and one of the best in the world, the other side is locked up for Horseface. While Horseface is getting older, if they get rid of him, the fans are going to want a big name signing, not Dong.

I bet you could buy face value tickets for City and they'd probably be around $80 or so. However, I was making my final (hopefully not!) pilgrammage to Highbury, and so I had to get tickets from a tout, wah, you don't even want to know how much they were!!! It was cool, though, because we were among the City supporters, so i got to see the game from the away supporter's vantage point, and also got to put up a big cheer when Sun went in late in the 2nd half (my "fellow" City supporters weren't so happy about the change).

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You know that's not what I meant. Of course every country is in the qualifications round, but China missed the final round of qualifcations and that's pathetic. Losing the group stage to Kuwait, who came last place in the final round of qualification.

South Korea beat Syria 3-1 and that was an away game for South Korea. If we beat Palestine 2-0 away with a missed penalty then it wouldn't be bad.

Of course we are not Brazil, Brazil vs Palestine would be a 8-0 result. Unless Brazil purposely don't try.

We fielded a close to A team today, B+ team I'd say and the result is a little dissapointing. Given it was a home game

What was the attendence by the way?

22. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i think around 15000 maybe 20 000 but very few, maybe will be more crowdy against a real team, but when cctv-5 show the whole stadium was almost like play without attendance. but only the few spectators made a crazy sound !!!! so looud man !!!!

23. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Camera angles were problematic.

Fans were not well organized.

24. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    He's a very skillful player. We southerners value skills. :D

Beyond that I actually don't know much about him. I don't even know what he looks like. Maybe Froza or Greenlion has more info about him?

25. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Look, these officials actually know their stuff. I'm impressed. We NEED more technical players included in the NT.

赢球难令领导满意 杨一民:胜利缺少技术含量
    http://www.cctv.com/news/sports/football/chinateam/20060223/100390.shtml
    央视国际 (2006年02月23日 09:29)

新京报广州专电赢了巴勒斯坦两球,朱广沪反复说满意,但中国足协的领导们却不知做何感想。不管是谢亚龙,南勇还是杨一民,这些专程到广州督战的高官赛后没有一人进入国家队休息室给大伙打气,更说不上表扬。一向说话直来直去的杨一民毫不掩饰对比赛过程的不满,“现在的国家队技术含量太低,进攻套路太少。

尽管这次面对的是一支弱队,但考虑到中国队前段时间的低迷状态,中国足协几位高官这次都齐聚羊城督战,他们希望朱家军打一场漂亮仗,提升中国足球的人气。但比赛的过程中,国足由于把握机会差而只攻进对手两球,赢得多少有些尴尬

谢亚龙赛后就将手机关掉,南勇也一直没有露面,只有杨一民出来接受了记者的采访。谈到这场比赛,杨一民一直没有说“满意”两个字。杨一民表示,这场比赛中国队在进攻上有太多的盲区,“技术含量不够,进攻套路少,手段单一,这都是需要引起重视的问题。”