Asian Cup - China vs Palestine [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by happy, Feb 16, 2006.

1. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Guangzhou, the capital of southern Guangdong province, will host the match on February 22nd.

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    DONG! :D

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Honestly, do we really need Li Tie, Sun Jihai, Shao Jiayi back for a match against Palestine?

It makes sense to get Li Tie back because he hasn't played a match for decades. Also, Dong should be back because this can help him get his work permit. Sun Jihai and Shao should not be called back in the first place.

If we can't beat Palestine with our reserves, then we don't deserve to be top 10 in Asia.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Shao isn't coming for Palestine. I don't think Li and Sun should be called up because they are all carrying injuries.

5. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Problem is we'll have difficulties beating Palestine with our reserves... LOL

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    oh puh-lease

we'll beat them with our U-20 squad, starting U-21 squad

It includes Feng Xiaoting, Chen Tao, Gao Lin, Dong Fangzhuo

that's enough to crush them.

7. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, Dong hasn't really been a starter on any Chinese youth team...

Okay, now I know why I'm accused of hating him...

Anyways, not getting Shao back isn't a big deal. I'd question bringing back Sun, but I've already made my argument for why bringing Li back is a good thing.

We should beat Palestine like a drum, it should be a right thumping, 4-0 is my guess, and even that is pretty conservative.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    That all depends on the strikers. Could be a 1-0 win from a penalty kick if, God forbid, Li Yi starts.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    if Li Yi plays, I guarantee he gets at least 1 goal...Honestly, this game should be at least 5-0 even if they play the Chinese blind paralympic soccer team.

Palestine is a very new team, they have one or two decent players, but even their talented players aren't in the same league as our best players. Beyond that, they have limited practice opportunities and are definitely an easy win. Being a China fan, its rare to have a feeling of confidence going into a match, but this is one that we can feel is in the bag.

10. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    They better come out of this tournament with 6 wins. Our ranking is now pathetic. This Asian Qualifier can get us back to the low 60s or high 50s, back to normal ranking for the Motherland. Whenever I see 70 something, I freak.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Iraq away will be the most difficult game of qualifying I think. I know Palestine is terrible and, while I don't know much about Singapore, I don't think they're much better. All I know about Iraq stems from watching them in AC04. We beat them 3-0 in that tournament, but the score doesn't tell what a close game it was. We definitely were the beneficiaries of favorable officiating as Iraq had 2 players sent off and the 2nd and 3rd goals were scored in the last 10 minutes on penalty kicks. Even with all that said, a loss would be unthinkable, though a draw could be shrugged off as "typical China", I hope we can have higher expectations. I am hopeful that we won't drop a point in any of the games.

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    yeah

We have one of the boring groups.

as an Asian football fan, I am excited about the group involving South Korea and Iran. I wonder what's going to come out of that.

13. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think iraq away will be in neutral ground somewhere over the middle east...

isnt there a palenstine/israeli club in the uefa cup with players from both "nations", if those players play we could be a bit shocked... i hope we use this chance to get some team organization going but knowing the china of old we will just try to dribble down and score goals... play as a team boys! Rock em at 2008 and 2010

dunno if any of you feel this way but as i look at the world cup teams oh how I wish China was there instead of T&T....

14. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Iraq WILL be at a neutral ground, but we're still going to have to travel to the Middle East where we often struggle. Home field advantage won't be so tied to the actual match, but the grueling travel and temperature, etc.

UEFA Cup is a club competition, not MNT, but the Israeli club teams as well as the Israeli MNT has a number of Arab players. Are you thinking of the "peace" team that played against Barcelona? The Palestinian team has only, seriously, been around for the last 5 years ago or so and are weak because the majority of their talent has moved to a different MNT. The team lacks organization, facilities, basically everything.

Haha, I think we ALL would prefer to see China in the WC...

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Are you guys serious? We now need to analyze the mighty Palestinian team?

16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Palestine shock Bahrain 2-0

17. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    I know that is crazy. I am proud about everything Chinese but Man's soccer team. :p

18. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Palestine won't be that easy. They just beat Bahrain 2-0.

19. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I would honestly predict an ugly victory something like 1-0 or 2-0 2-1 ... I hope the media doesnt pump too much arrogance into our team or people like Li Weifeng doesnt pump too much arrogance into the locker room.

20. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys:
    As a Palestinian soccer Fan, I wish our team a good luck, but I know the differences between the two team, and China is the super favorite, but never undermine you opponent, we beat Bahrain 2-0, and today we beat Pakistan 3-0 using the reserve, hope to see a good match, we may not have the facility, the organization or the talent, but we have the courage, and the determination to represent our people especially with the hard time the Palestinian people are facing back home.

Regards

21. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    wow! Palestine beat Bahrain 2-0, congrats. Never seen that one coming. Could you imagine if Bahrain quilified for the world cup and palestine beat them :D

22. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Not sure what kind of squad Bahrain put out for the game, but its a huge win for Palestine, probably their biggest since their FA was started up.

I will agree with the Palestinian fan, this is a team with heart, we can talk (or I can) about how badly we will beat them, but the players better not be taking this game too lightly. I don't know, I just can't see them doing this again, I imagine us giving them a right beating, I will stand by 4-0.

23. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    the fact is we lost 9 important players~ Sun Jihai, Shao Jiayi,Dong Fangzhuo,Sun Xiang,Chen Tao, Li Jinyu, Xie Hui, Zhao Junzhe & Zheng Zhi, So I guess 2-0 is a reasonable result

24. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    wow, I knew about Sun, Shao, Xie, and Zheng, but no idea about the rest, especially Chen Tao, Dazhi, and Zhao. What's wrong with Dong? Okay, with those guys missing, perhaps I will have to lower my expectations and go with a 2-0.

I think all of these lineup problems assure that Li Yi will be on the roster, hahaha!

25. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I don't trust articles that get the date of a match wrong. It would be unfortunate for Dong to miss the opportunity to get capped.