Asian Cup China '04 [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by ForzaGrifo, Jul 8, 2004.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yea yea yea..

2. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Korea needed Zico to use players like Akita and Narahashi who were too old and almost retired.
    But once Japan's defence line was renewed , 10 men Japan was enough to outclass Korea,
    and Korea needed goal bar for not being beaten. Do you remember?
    Oh and Korean player(I think Yoo Sang-cheol) managed to clear ball on goal line and saved Korea , but this time Yoo will not be in the ground.
    Without Yoo and even with Euro-based players did Korea draw Maldives?
    Yoo is old and may be near retirement, so it will be good opportunity to see how Korea plays without Yoo.

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    im sure thats why we won the competition that was played at japan..

4. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Pure luck.
    Thanks to judge to reduce japan 10 men.

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    cmon now..

we all know that okubo was being an idiot..

6. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is too harsh.
    I don't think he deserved red too early time. The game was held in Japan.
    If player was Korean and the game was held in Korea ,
    do you think player will be sent off?
    I think Korea even might get PK.

Anyway this time Okubo also will not there.
    You can not expect Okubo sent off.

7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ehh who knows..

but i honestly think that okubo deserved to get kicked out of the game..

anyways..

korea vs japan in this asian cup will be a good game..

good luck man, itll be fun to watch..

8. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes,anyways these were only past unimportant game.Both game was not as important as AC. Not so informative to upcoming match.
    Good luck.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    agreed.

even though i talked some crap on my previous posts, no one can deny that korea and japan are the biggest rivals in asia..

itll take something special for any other team in asia to catch up to the level of these two teams..

korea vs japan in this asian cup will be one hell of a match..

once again, good luck even though we're gonna win..

10. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Japan didn't play Iran and Korea in Lebanon, so I'm eagerly looking forward to these clashes. Korea will be at the top of Group B. If Japan rules Group D then Japan and Korea won't meet until the final. If Iran exceeds Japan, we will face each other in the quarterfinal, right?

11. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    errr should I say.. PURE EXCUSES?
    anyway dont bring up another one like 'we didnt bring our A team in this tourney' after another loss.

12. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Pure excuse?
    To be proud of getting East Asian Title thanks to goal differences is more excuse for blinking the fact that Korea was outclassed by 10 men Japan and managed to draw Japan , I feel.
    What results followed?

Korea drawd Maldives and fired their coach.
    Japan first tried 3-backs system in this tournament and it proved to be effective.
    These experiences was very useful for Japan's recent decent results against European teams when Japan played with 3 back system. (Though Zico used 4-backs system agasinst Oman and Singapore.)

You label every others' claim as excuse and become arrogant , then come to miserable end.
    After WC , since when do you learn?
    To think of future games , it is more important to observe how they play than to be proud of lucky results.

13. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    I don't care if we were outclassed by Japan or we were helped by referee. We Won. You lose. Hack it. And BTW If you don't know, Luck is part of this game.

14. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    um sure you do have very short memory.
    Your team lose to that team who tied with maldives, and lost to Vietnam in your own home turf (TOKYO) about a year ago.

Lucky result?
    Since 2000, Korea's record against Japan is.. 2 Wins, 2 Draws, 1 loss. (keep tracking match result.. SK always have better result against Japan in 80s, 90s, and 2000s)
    so keep barking all you want.

15. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Also beat you in your home turf (SEOUL), right before that.
    Anyway, we all know Korea takes on special powers against Japan because of historical reasons.
    But the point is it was a lucky result winning the East Asian competition by goals scored. Its a dumb tiebreaker rule that I hate. The team that shuts out its opponents should win.

16. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    LOL you dont get it do u?
    Since you are so dumb like your brothers, I'll explain it to you (wasting my time)
    He was saying SK was such shaky team that tied with maldives, and lost to vietnam.. and I was pointing out your so loved Japan lost to that exact team (actually lesser team without Park JS, Song JG, Lee YP) in your own turf..

its a dumb tie breaker rule?? um let me think...
    since when goal differences is the dumb rule to tie break?? Most tournaments have this rule.
    the team that shut out opponents should win? umm maybe Italians would love that rule.

17. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    what is it now.. tako is saying reason korea beat japan is pure luck?

the reason your team beat my team is because of pure luck..

sounds very familiar to me... oh yeah. whiners say that when they lose.

18. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    you guys don't seem to get it. he said Korea winning the East Asian Championship was luck. If Korea won by goal difference then I would say they won by skill, but they didn't. They won by goals scored, having scored 1 more than Japan. You can't tell who was the better team by goals scored. Korea scored 3 against Hong Kong but also let HK score on them, while Japan won 1-0. This is not due to Japan playing like Italy but perhaps Hong Kong was playing more defensive against the home team.

Anyway in the last 3 Japan-Korea matches Japan was far from full-strength, and Korea wasn't full-strength either. But either way don't state the obvious, we know Korea always gives Japan a challenge. The question is, would Japan lose to Oman(3-1), Vietnam, and tie Maldives and Trinidad&Tobago, all in the same year? Japan has done enough to prove they are a good team, but what has Korea done recently besides draw with Japan?

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    win over turkey..

and we already proved that oman beating our domestic players 3-1 was a fluke by beating them 5-0 few months ago..

same with vietnam..

20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    U23 team beat turkey. and Oman is not hard to beat like that in a friendly game..
    if its a matter of domestic vs overseas players, then there is some kind of problem with depth of the team.

21. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I didn't come at this thread in order to argue which team deserved East Asian tiltle holder.
    It is about past thing , Korea is East Asian title holder and this thread is about Asian Cup.
    I came at this thread in order to talk some crap about upcoming games. Past games is food for thought about predicting and thinking of upcoming games.

Read previous posts.
    First I responded the SkYHiGH35's post about Korea beating Japan in Tokyo at June last year.
    At that point Japane was merely more worse team than Korean in bad shape. That was too old result against old crap Japan team .
    Don't refer to that game now.
    Japan had changed , and Look at the latest Japan-Koera match when Korea managed to draw 10 men renewed Japan.
    Still you clings old result?

Even Korea in bad shape can beat Japan, but it is when Japan is also in bad shape or with pure lack.
    And also even Japan in bad shape can beat Korea in Korea like Japan did at April last year, but it is because Korea is also in bad shape and with lucky own goal.
    After J-League started, Japan and Korea have rather balanced Japan-Korea match results.
    (You should omit games before 1992 when Japan has no pro League and like Asian game in Thai when Japan used U21)
    You can't say even Korea in bad shape beat Japan so this time Korea also will win. You can only say so if Japan is also in bad shape. Current Japan is not the team which Korea in bad shape once beat.
    It is more reasonble to observe latest game to see both team's condition.(though it was still old result)

I don't care if Korean were satisfied about game against Japan at December last year.
    But 10 men Japan outclassed Korea and hit the bar and Korean barely cleared the ball on the goal line. Korea only managed to draw.
    Every team has good times and bad times. At that time Korea was in very bad times and Japan was in some good times.
    Following result clearly showed.
    You say even Korea in bad shape could win ,so this draw was not luck.
    No, that time Japan was not such a bad team like when Korea beat at June last year.
    And you also rember even Japan in bad shape can win against Korea.
    If Japan is in good shape and Korea is in very bad shape , Korea needs luck.
    Also If Korea is in good shape and Japan is in very bad shape , Japan needs luck.
    But I can not belive that someone who watched Japan-Korea match in December denied that Korea was lucky.

Finaly I don't intend to claim that in AC Japan will surely win against Korea.
    The game in December is still too old result.
    Korea changed coach and are adding to Euro-base players. Korea has changed and renewed.
    I only responded the SkYHiGH35's post about Korea beating Japan in Tokyo at June last year to say that you shold more emphasize latest game. That game ,Korea was lucky.
    And I wrote,
    "these were only past unimportant game. Both game was not as important as AC. Not so informative to upcoming match."
    I konw such games were not so informative to upcoming match, but if you dare to discuss , you should not discuss old game. Discuss latest game.

After lay down our's arms , Still you repeatedly said Korea won at Tokyo and won and won.
    It was too old result! Very childish.

22. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You shold not be so proud of friendly game at home.
    Korea with home advantage is very strong. every one admits.

23. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    what are u talking about?

winning goal scorer in that match was kim eun joong who is 25..

it was just that some of the players that played in that match were our U-23 team starters that usually get called up for our A team as well..

and if friendly games dont mean as much, then japan drawing with england, and beating czech in friendly dont mean as much either..

24. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    That wasnt U23, but about 6 players were from U23.
    Maybe you havent noticed that several SK NT squad during WC was from U23 and U21.

That's been the problem for SK for a long time.
    There's about 20k registered soccer player from elementary school to professional so go figure.

25. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    That was too old result? that was a year ago.
    Your so called latest matchup was held half year ago. whatever dude.
    It is more reasonble to observe latest game to see both team's condition?
    Dont you think it would be more reasonable to observe latest games at each home?

Ok lets omit every matchups prior to 1992.
    its still 6 wins, 7 draws, 4 losses for SK.

This is the match stastics for the match you claim JPN outclassed SK.
    shooting : Korea 17(7+10) Japan 12 (1+11)
    Ball possession: Korea 50 Japan 50
    Corner Kick : Korea 4 Japan 4
    Fouls : Korea 12 Japan 20
    Yellow Card : Korea 3 Japan 3 (2 for Okubo)
    Attendence 62,623 Yokohama Japan

It was a match a tie would give SK title 'east asian champ'