Asian Cup 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Asian Cup 2011

i believe magath's harsh training would make him a bit ready
    he will also have the iraq friendly to prepare himself.

i think he would play as a super sub role for asian cup.

2. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Had so much potential and now...seems like a theme for a lot of Chinese players..

3. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Backup goalie Zeng Cheng injured during the game against Estonia. Looks serious enough that he might miss AC2010.

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

you mean AC 2011 :)?
    blah fcuk now the 4th casuality.

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

What are your expectations for the chinese team?

When will the coach announce the final squad?

6. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

as I said at the outset, this is a side that realistically could get to the finals, especially if they can finish first in the group and avoid Japan & Korea until then. At the same time, I could easily see everything falling apart and not even making it out of the group stage. Injuries are going to be a huge issue, we don't have a decent strike option (anybody who says Gao Lin hasn't watched him play over the past year and while Yang Xu is a good player, this is his 1st international competition) and our defense at the best of times is spotty, but without Feng, it could be pretty bad. I'd say quarterfinals are about as far as we'll go.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Thanks man. I'm curious what this team can do.

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

this team wont be A team for sure.
    we are suffering from too many injuries

feng xiaoting and feng renliang are not available and they would play a part for us for sure.

9. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

God help us all. I wonder who is the bigger fool, Gao or Magath. Gao speaks Chinese and knows Hao a lot longer but still reaches the same conclusion as Magath.

11. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

..........FFS... What are they trying to do? Help Hao Junmin get a RB spot back at Schalke from Uchida? That is a puzzling decision if true.

Honestly, I don't think I can speak confidently that this rendition of the China NT can go all the way. I mean, yeah I guess it could be possible, but a LOT of things would have to go right in other matches for us to get the favorable matchups. I have a feeling our first big obstacle will be Saudi Arabia...

12. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I'd be happy if they make it out of the group. Let's just hope I'm underestimating...

13. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Also it seems like Feng renliang lost his place on teh NT b/c of the age scandel. Injury was just a cover up...

14. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

[​IMG]

15. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

国足23人名单:

守门员(3人):杨智(北京)、曾诚(河南)、关震(江苏)

后卫(7人):杜威(杭州)、赵鹏(河南)、张琳芃(广州)、荣昊(杭州)、汪强(长沙)、李学鹏(大连)、李建滨(成都)

前卫(11人):杨昊(北京)、黄博文(北京)、于涛(上海)、赵旭日(陕西)、周海滨(山东)、曲波(陕西)、蒿俊闵(沙尔克04)、于海(陕西)、于汉超(辽宁)、邓卓翔(山东)、汪嵩(杭州)

前锋(2人):郜林(广州)、杨旭(辽宁)

===================================================
    http://cnsoccer.titan24.com/2010-12-25/93344.html

average age of only 24. only 2 forwards named.

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Goalkeeper (3): Yang Zhi (Beijing), Zeng Cheng (Henan), Guan Zhen (Jiangsu)

Defender (7): Du Wei (Hangzhou), Zhao Peng (Henan), Zhang Linpeng (Guangzhou), Rong Hao (Hangzhou), Wang Qiang (Changsha), Li Xuepeng (Dalian) :rolleyes:, Li Jianbin (Chengdu)

Midfielder (11): Yang Hao (Beijing), Huang Bowen (Beijing), Yu Tao (Shanghai), Zhao Xuri (Shaanxi), Zhou Haibin (Shandong), Qu Bo (Shaanxi), Hao Junmin (Schalke 04), Yu Hai (Shaanxi), Yu Hanchao (Liaoning), Deng Zhuoxiang (Shandong), Wang Song (Hangzhou)

Forward (2): Gao Lin (Guangzhou), Yang Xu (Liaoning)

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Asian Cup opponents watch:

Bahrain 1-1 Uzbekistan.

18. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

is qu bo any good now? i still remember how much bora used to love that kid. and his CHINA WINER tshirt from the youth world cup.

Also what happened to that Mao guy from AC07?

And... two forwards... wtf...?

19. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

the roster looks pretty much like I expected, though Li Jianbin is kind of out there, he's not someone who has spent a lot of time with the national team and I'm a little surprised Gao didn't go a different way with Feng's replacement (like using Datou). I'm also more than a little shocked that Yan Xiangchuang wasn't included, he seemed like he'd be the automatic starter on the right side, I thought Qu Bo would be used as a super sub either in midfield or up top, but now I guess he's your starting right winger (or maybe Hao plays there if he's fit?), very surprising, especially when Wang Song is taken for the squad.

I wish he would have also went a different way with strike options, but without Han, there aren't a lot of choices and Qu could play up top as well.

Qu's definitely good. I never rated him when he was younger, but he's really come along nicely and developed into an all around player. He single handedly kept Qingdao up last year and he can score and set up goals. The only problem is that he's used to playing as a striker, he has the speed to play on the wings, but with only 2 strikers, not sure why Qu isn't put there as well.

Mao fell out of favor after 07 and struggled a lot in Shanghai, also becoming a locker room cancer. The move to Shaanxi helped him, he did score 5 goals this year (though 2 were against Shanghai) and with all the injuries, I would have liked to see him in the lineup, or at least given a shot.

See above as to why there are 2 forwards, the reality is its probably academic, even if he took 3, whoever the 3rd would be isn't going to play in Qatar. I think the greater wtf is choosing 3 goalies, that makes absolutely no sense to me...

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

I'm liking this guy more. And should also give Wei Di credit for giving him 100% trust and autonomy, unlike his CFA predecessors' interfering ways.

高洪波:为何要求3流球队拿1流成绩 国足应避1失误
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2010-12-27/09165382922.shtml
    大赛马上来临,你有什么担心的事情没有?

还是球队的自信心问题,这也是中国球员的最大的问题。前几天几位外教在离开国家队之前曾经专门和我说,中国球员的能力和球队的水平出乎他们的意料。但在与球员个人的交流过程当中,他们感受最深的一点是,中国球员的个人自信心比较差,这也是他们在亚洲杯上最为担心的。自信心的建立是一个漫长的过程,需要我们共同的努力。

那么你如何在亚洲杯上帮助队员们建立起自信呢?

我认为主要还是通过以下的三个方面吧,一是成绩,总赢球的球队总是不缺乏自信的,不是有那么句话嘛,“好孩子是鼓励出来的”。第二个是氛围,队员之间要有一个坦诚交流的气氛,相互间要能够真诚地合作。第三个是外部条件,球队如果能够创造一个让大家安心踢球的环境,大家会集中精力地干好每一件事,对队员的自信也有帮助。

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

fahah al enezi, the kuwaiti ronaldinho and the MVP of the gulf cup, is banned from asian cup :D

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

opponent watch:

kuwait 2-2 north korea.
    played in egypt.

24. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Haha this is getting interesting. I think they're talking about different things. But let's not let a minor detail get in the way of a good fight. :D
    朱骏质疑高洪波三流论:舰炮上晾裤衩 找失败借口

http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2010-12-28/09075384294.shtml
    接下来朱骏直接对高洪波开动了重炮,“再说了一支三流球队也是你教出来的啊,那就承认了三流教练喽!国家队员们你们都承认是三流球员?老布在中国的后半年 可一直在说:中国有一流的球员!想不通的就是现在只有这样排名,不过今天可以想通了!其实老布很笨,如果你也说国奥是三流球队,那么万一你失败了也可以继 续努力借口多几年合同啊!”言语之中竭尽讽刺挖苦,当然,还不忘表扬一下自己推荐的布拉泽维奇。”

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i doubt 朱骏 and his crony could do a better job
    it is in general consensus that
    the chinese team is not in good shape.
    it is better to be realistically humble than being ignorant.