ASEAN Football Championship 2008

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by happy, Jun 24, 2007.

1. gmtfan

gmtfan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    "Ca" means Song, but there is no song in this idiom. It is just a idiom to celebrate "the return from a victory at elsewhere"

Thousand year ago, China had this song, when the winning soldiers came back in town, they sang it. We used this idiom in Vietnam nowadays with out a song: No one can tell the lyrics :D

2. gmtfan

gmtfan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I think the goalie. Although Le Tan Tai is truly an architecture. COng Vinh did not have good tournament but he marked the champion :D

3. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    How much is Calisto currently paid? Are Nguyen Minh Chao and Nguyen Minh Phuong brothers?

4. gmtfan

gmtfan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I don't remember, but it is around $10 to $12k/month = $120-150k/year. He got paid more when working in Dong Tam Club.

Nguyen is very popular last name, the most popular, maybe around 30-40% of Vietnamese population. I don't think they are siblings

5. fanbongda

fanbongda New Member

May 16, 2007
    Nope, Minh Chau and Minh Phuong is not brother, just their surname and pre-name is the same. The best player of VN this year is ke eper Duong Hong Son, but the new discovery is defender Le Phuoc Tu. Good replacement for former star Nguyen Huy Hoang who is shined in Asian Cup.

Cong Vinh is not at the stake performance this tournament but he's still the Golden Boy. Man of the big moment.

6. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I didn't know some Chinese kingdoms had the customs to sing after coming back winning a battle. BTW, wishing you to have another Khai Hoan Ca when travelling to China (most probably Hangzhou) in January 2009 for the Asian Cup Preliminary.

7. fanbongda

fanbongda New Member

May 16, 2007
    I believe the team will try their best. We'll come to China with a new position, The Champion of South East Asia. I believe both VN and China will qualify for the Final Stage.

8. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Thanks for the response and information.

9. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Hope so. But with the current squad, I think China will lose its first 2 games to Syria and Vietnam. Fortunately the 3rd game is in November 2009 so China may have time to create a much stronger team then.

10. gmtfan

gmtfan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    what are you talking about? China is always in higher level in any case, you guys will win the group.

Or you learned the lesson from Thailand, who thought that winning Vietnam is an easy job :D. It was funny that after the winning of Vietnam against Singapore, one Thai player said "Again, play with Vietnam again?" and he laughed :D, and Thai coach said 1st leg's result gonna be 2-0. :D

11. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STsTTOo-m_c"]YouTube - |FINAL|Vietnam VS Thailand 1:1|Vietnam, Champions of the AFF Suzuki Cup 2008|[/ame]

12. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria

I am happy for you and Vietnam and it is good that you are happy,because this was a big achievement.Yes,it is always the best when somebody underestimates the others.

I think our ACQ group will be the best,no?All teams will fight!

When I see Vietnam in this position,and I hear what people tell me about China,then I could imagine:

1.Syria :D
    2.Vietnam

3.China
    4.Lebanon

I can´t wait.

Congrats Vietnam again,Le Cong Vinh is amazing.

13. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. fanbongda

fanbongda New Member

May 16, 2007
    With Calisto stick in the bench, mastermind the team, we can challenge for higher level. I hope VN would give a big fight during ACQ. BTW, anyone know the schedule???

15. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Congratulations Vietnam, excellent achievement. Just need to build on it now.

16. leecode

leecode New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    google it. "brazil is history", "greece is history"... now you know what it means. it's common in sport language when referring to past winners.;)

17. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    Vietnam´s schedule:

http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-6&team=330

18. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    great work for vietnam..anyway becareful of Syria..they are a good team..

19. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    China was in higher level, but that is the past. See the comments of Chinese fans on this terrible Chinese team just formed in this month.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714388&page=5

20. ducefun

ducefun New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Hi Kenzhi!
    Khai Hoan Ca absolutely means a triumphal hymn!
    And tell me something about you plz. I guess you are Chinese, and care lots of Asian football in general. Where do you live now, your age and occupation?
    I've been to Nanning last year, and managing to join a tour to Kunming... Hope to see you there!

21. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Why didn't I see lilcookie coming here to celebrate? She should give us lots of cookies after Vietnam winning this championship. :D

22. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Thanks for the meaning of Khai Hoan Ca. To your surprise, I am a Japanese who lives in Indonesia. I have never been to China or Vietnam. I like to go to Ha Long Bay. Very beautiful scenery there.

BTW, sorry that I have to leave Big Soccer now. Will come back tomorrow. :)

23. gmtfan

gmtfan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    There is no such common. A common language is something that Google can give million result, while google can give 10 result for "your common" including this page :D

http://www.google.com/search?q="greece+is+history"
    http://www.google.com/search?q="brazil+is+history"

It's just wrong because Brazil isn't history. Understand the meaning of sentence in your language, then translate this meaning to another language.

BTW, it seems that Vietnamese media, football federation, national team, and even Calisto FORGET the match on Jan-14-2009 at My Dinh. Only 2 weeks left but they are just forgetting it. No one mentions it. Lebanon is lucky now :D

24. classicalmania

classicalmania New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    No, current Vietnam is like current China. The only governed party is the Communist party, but the economy is a free market economy, helping Vietnam becomes a fast-growing country. You would see this if you come to visit Vietnam.
    In the past we did suffer the same thing as happened in China under Mao Zedong, although in a smaller and less severe scale.

25. classicalmania

classicalmania New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    At least Calisto and the football federation did not forget about this match. Only less than one day after the final AFF match, Calisto did have a meeting with the football federation to have a preparation plan for the coming match on Jan 14.