AS Nancy-Lorraine 05-06 Team Thread. There will be no mentioning of the R Word.....

Discussion in 'France' started by sl7vk, Aug 1, 2005.

1. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes an ugly game and a quick reminder that we are not ready for the bigtime...... We should just count our lucky stars that we won't be relagated and that we have a shot at a Cup.

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Uggg, just when you start thinking you've got a decent team....

That's football for you. I'm worried about the cup final after the weekends result.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'd like to thank the OM fans for not coming by my little thread this weekend. Much appreciated.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    geez SL, that's gotta hurt ;) ...

i just hope you guys get a cup and, um... those other guys DON'T. my inlaws are insufferable enough as it is! :cool:

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well I thought the result was a bit unfair. If we get 1 or 2 or 8 bounces our way, we walk out of there with a point, or even 3!

I think the boys' minds are elsewhere, and that is a bit concerning. Everyone figured that we'd be in a relegation battle at this point, and not having much to play for in April is a bit foreign to ASNL. Oh well.

6. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: AS Nancy-Lorraine 05-06 Team Thread. There will be no mentioning of the R Word..

Enooooorme ! Congrats ! :)

7. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Good show ! Nancy qualified for UEFA cup ! Who cares about the R word, anyway ?

8. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    congrats to nancy!! best of luck next year in the uefa cup!

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a very nice match to watch! nancy jumped on their big chance in a very choppy first half where layec did most of the work!

the leveller was no surprise, but though it was obviously going to be hard to hold a lead against nice, that was probably their best chance, so no gainsaying correa's tactics.

at ten men things looked grim, but in that situation you have to look at a setpiece like that as the holy grail, and when you find it you have to grab it. that's what ASNL did, and with a lot of heart they were able to hold on, the rest is for the record books. well done!

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Are they having victory the parade in Nancy today or what ?

11. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow! What a final (yes, I know it is only Nice but hey...)! After the 6-0 against OM I was really nervous about this tie.

Hats off to Pablo who has taken this team from the brink of relegation in L2 to a European spot. Now it's time to break the checkbook open and bring in some reinforcements this summer.

If someone would have told me that Nancy would have won the cup, and not be worried about relegation at this stage I would have laughed!

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    are they going to melt down the gold in the place stanislas? :D

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You survived relegation and won a trophy. Congrats to you but I highly doubt the checkbook will be 'broken open' I mean since when do French teams ever do that

14. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jeez, I hope things haven't come to that. How much revenue does the Uefa Cup generate per tie? any ideas? 500,000 Euro's?

15. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    It depends. In fact, it may cost money. And sure it costs a lot of energy : players focus on it, and tend to forget the league.

(not that I have any specific example in mind :rolleyes: )

16. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Honestly I think Nancy will make money from the UEFA Cup... i have to admit i like their fan base since their stadium is mostly pretty well filled (i like the waving ASNL flags all around the stadium)... no doubt it will fill up 20,000 for uefa cup games next year... good luck!!

17. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  18. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Look At All Those Flags!!!

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Looks like we drove the final nail in the Strasbourg coffin this weekend.... Kind of sad really....

20. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    12 wins, 12 ties, 14 losses. Finished 12 out of 20 and won the Coupe de la Ligue. Uefa Cup qualification and another year in L1. I don't think any ASNL supporter could have hoped for more..... Well, a Champions League qualification would have been nice but..... :)

22. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France